The online racing simulator
6h of Blackwood: Final Grid

Since they recorded equal times, the order of #7 and #3 was determined by their second fastest laps: 1:06.40 for #7, and 1:06.52 for #3.

Teams who did not attempt a qualifying lap will start at the back.
Whatever happened to it being whoever set the time first? I dont know who that was, and not arsed as i doubt it'll make much difference, but isnt the general rule thats always been used IRL whoever set the time first gets the place?

Perfect example being Jerez, 1997 i think it was, in F1.
M.Schumacher, Villeneuve & Frenzen set the EXACT same pole time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_European_Grand_Prix
'Under the regulations of the Formula One world championship, in the event of drivers setting equal times in qualifying, the first driver to set the time is given precedence'
Will this race be streamed?
TPS #17
Little question about the rules:
My teammate drove in the 1st qualifying and got a 1s penalty because he pressed a F key.. I thought that penalty only refers to that qualyfying and doesn't affect the latest?
Quote from M4ver1ck :TPS #17
Little question about the rules:
My teammate drove in the 1st qualifying and got a 1s penalty because he pressed a F key.. I thought that penalty only refers to that qualyfying and doesn't affect the latest?

Per chat line a +1s penalty towards the team's fastest time is in affect (It doesn't matter whether this fastest time was set in the same qualification as the actual chat message).
I'm with Paul here, was quite surprised to see that explanation.. The first to set the laptime has the advantage over anyone who does the same time but later.. As far as I know that's the common way of dealing with this kind of situations in motorsport...
As i said, im not fussed, i think front row probably doesnt make much difference, but if it was the difference between 2nd & 3rd (ie different rows) then it'd be annoying.

Eitherway, as the result stands its in order of who set the time first anyway, however had it been the otherway round it'd be questionable, but fortunately the explained method gives the same one as what most people would expect to be used, so

In future though i think the correct rule should be first to set the time gets priority.
Well take that in consideration. However it would not have made a difference in this particular case.
Morning everyone!

I can you tell that I slept well last night, infact I don't even remember when I dozed off, but my bed was mighty comfy that night especially since I only had 5 hours sleep the night previous (MoE nerves :schwitz.

Anyway during all the frantic action yesterday organising a working tracker most people kept cool and understood that the available admins had no other option, so I'd mostly like to just thank them for getting their stuff together (eventually - nubz :razz so as we could all race.

So yeah, big thanks to :

Appie, DeadWolfBones, StarBlue (tracker coder), EnjiBenji (some newb that runs IGTC)

And anyone and everyone who showed up to race!

Ciao.
Word
#11 - Nobo
Cant say anything else, admins and everyone involved did a top job! Really enjoyed racing yesterday ..and i think our debut wasnt to bad either
by the way, where was the tracker. The moe.lfs-tracker.de didnt worked. I searched the forum but fount no link :/
I think the link was only given to the participating teams because the tracker was used for the first time and they didn't want to make it slower by creating additional traffic.
ah ok thank you, but it would be cool to see which team won, or see the resuts in general. any news when they are going to be published?
First of all, thanks at all admins for taking the time (and the early morning) with sitting in front of the pc and watching a race.

However, I have a few issues to bring up / to criticize.
- why is a team allowed to drive the race which seem to have totally forgotten that there is a race and nominates the drivers 20 mins before the race after not even taking part in a qualify? (And didn't drive very long as well)
- why is the changed starting procedure announced 8 minutes AFTER the race was supposed to be started? Why Can't that be done at least a day before? I mean that BL1 T1 is tight is known to anyone who has ever done a race there...
- how can it happen that the race gets delayed by over one hour because the tracker isn't set up and ready (we also had this for the 24 hours race that the tracker wasn't ready)

Sorry for being the ass and asking this...
I would like to congratulate to all winners!
Congratulations to admin team! Big job done yesterday!
Congrats. to all drivers who finished the race!

It was nice race for us. We finished 6th and it is a grate success for Serbian Racing Team.

We could make it 5th, maybe, but we had 2 accidents with team #10 and one with team #31 (our car was spun every time and we lost some time there). Next time we'll do some official protest, if needed.

We had also problems with repairs and long pits, those S1 curbs were very annoying for FXR. Fight throw corners wasn't so easy for FXR, we braked much earlier and took the apex later.

MoE is a great event in every way!

See you all on track soon!

GO GO GO MoE!!!
Quote from baSh0r :ah ok thank you, but it would be cool to see which team won, or see the resuts in general. any news when they are going to be published?

Hey,

Here's a screenie of the tracker from the end of the race (most names are missing because this tracker uses live info from who's actually in the race at the moment you're looking at it):

Official results & points should be posted today or tomorrow.
Quote from baSh0r :ah ok thank you, but it would be cool to see which team won, or see the resuts in general. any news when they are going to be published?

LFSW works quite well too!

With us changing servers before the race, it definetely seemed more stable and I can only remember 1 timeout, hopefully the admins try and keep a hold of this server for the last race.
Quote from Bawbag :LFSW works quite well too!

Not when there are disconnects/Shift+P/Shift+S.

Nice to see the FXR team finishing 6th.
Yeah, SERT ran a very nice race.

6h of Blackwood: Final Grid
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG