The online racing simulator
#1 - Koopa
Orange Racing Team stops racing in the MoE Racing Series
Hello guys,

Well what can i say. After almost 1 year of MoE and almost the first birthday of our team, we are forced to leave the MoE Racing Series.

Due to 2 of our racers leaving and starting something up of their own together with some other LFS drivers, we are down to only 4 active racers, and 4 inactive fun racers, which cant be online all the time, so this is not enough to race in the MoE Series. Although the guys left are very motivated to race offcourse.

Let me explain a bit, our team has only Dutch LFS drivers. Its a Dutch guys only team, this is probably the main problem that we arent growing as expected, it brings big problems in finding good Dutch racing drivers that have a descent speed to compete in series like the Masters. LFS isnt a very well known game here in Holland unfortunatly.

When we started our team in may 2007 i expected that it wouldnt be this hard to find good drivers... It was a quest of survival, staying alive so to say... (BeeGees) But its hard to run a small team and make it bigger, the main group will stick together, but still, newcomers are comming and leaving again, searching for a bigger challenge in bigger teams, or losing interest in LFS itself.

I must say i was honered when our team was accepted in the Masters, although it was a very very young racing team, but we had our fair share of experienced drivers, we had huge fun, esspecially our first race, when we started 4 hours later then all the others. That really was a beginners fault... But very funny afterall.

The speed was there, and we were fighting for podium positions, and the second spot on the podium in the last 24 hour race was a exceptional high.

it was the best league ive ever been racing in together with my m8's and im quite sad that were forced to leave these series, but we dont have a choice, we simply cant race with this amount of racers.

I wish all the teams in MoE the best, and i hope we will be back soon, with our Orange Racing Team, or with a different team who knows. Youve all have been great company in these races, and i wish the other teams the best for the future.

Greetings,

Reinier Hut aka Koopa
www.orangeracingteam.nl
Sorry to see you go, Reinier. Please re-apply when the team re-strengthens.

Yeah sad to see you guys go it was a pleasure to have you on our server practicing for the 24h race
#4 - Koopa
Quote from NorwegianViper :Yeah sad to see you guys go it was a pleasure to have you on our server practicing for the 24h race

Yeah, i almost forgot...

I wanna thank the Mercury boys for giving us some room on their server while testing for the MoE, when we lost our own server.

It was greatly appreciated, thanks guys...

Sorry to hear, hope you'll be back at some time.
#6 - Nobo
Quote from Koopa :
Due to 2 of our racers leaving and starting something up of their own together with some other LFS drivers, we are down to only 4 active racers, and 4 inactive fun racers, which cant be online all the time, so this is not enough to race in the MoE Series. Although the guys left are very motivated to race offcourse.

[...]

When we started our team in may 2007 i expected that it wouldnt be this hard to find good drivers... It was a quest of survival, staying alive so to say... (BeeGees) But its hard to run a small team and make it bigger, the main group will stick together, but still, newcomers are comming and leaving again, searching for a bigger challenge in bigger teams, or losing interest in LFS itself.

Sad to see you leave, we are undergoing the same atm. But as i see our ex-drivers already dated, flirted heavily and got married ... . Now we are trying to take this bad matter as a chance to try to restructure and restrengthens our team life, with priority on the group feeling.Which may have been lacked behind in the past months. Hope you guys can do the same and come back stronger as before.
Sad to hear that - best of luck with the team.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG