The online racing simulator
race ok , but SC and laps after SC was horrible i don't understand why people when they have blue flags don't let pass . Need one more Test race to practice SC .
I think all the SC's were because of rolled cars, or at least 3 anyway.

The race start was perfect, but as the poorer drivers took over for the end it all went wrong. A LOT of drivers need to calm down during SC periods. Expect a lengthy post about it and some teams will be warned.
A game of two halves. The second half was appalling

Some guys really need to calm down on SC's

I really enjoyed my stint though.
Thanks to the organisers
Some people realy need to learn how to drive behind a saftey car and stick to the speed limit insted of speeding up and slamming on the brakes.
Quote from niall09 :What a very good race. A great race for me personally, getting up to 4th place

I'd just like to say sorry to Jouman, after the safety car, i rear ended him in the chicane and lost a few positions. There was a bit of lag but im sorry for my error.

Aa it was lag then its ok. Was a bit pissed off i mean i had just climped up from 19th to 9th or something. I was slowing down quite suddenly though cause the cars ahead of me had a collision and i wanted to avoid them, but i guess you couldn't see that incident from behind me. Then again was in the back of the field.

Well the whole race was a bit like lottery and the most dangerous situations were under SC. I think there needs to be rereading of the rules alot.
Quote from niall09 :E: Why did J.Simek get a Drive Through penalty?

I reviewed it (lap 79) and I really don't know. I passed only two cars - #103 J.Mudrak, that crashed and 18 K.Dremljuga, that passed me after SC deployment so he let me pass again.
Quote from Jouman :Aa it was lag then its ok. Was a bit pissed off i mean i had just climped up from 19th to 9th or something. I was slowing down quite suddenly though cause the cars ahead of me had a collision and i wanted to avoid them, but i guess you couldn't see that incident from behind me. Then again was in the back of the field.

Well the whole race was a bit like lottery and the most dangerous situations were under SC. I think there needs to be rereading of the rules alot.

Sorry again You just poped up on my screen and bam, i hit you
Quote from Megin :Q1: in rules - after pushing to the pits we must wait for 5 minutes, i was waiting but admin after 1 minute send me back to tha race

It was our mistake that you were left on the track for so long before the PC arrived, so I decided to deduct that time from the 5 minute penalty.
Quote from niall09 :Sorry again You just poped up on my screen and bam, i hit you

Well no worries. We were 2nd in the lottery .
Just a couple of considerations about the safety car, after watching the race on LFS Remote and being on the teamspeak with the drivers from my team:

- the safety car should always wait for the first car before entering the track, one of the times the SC was deployed, it entered in front of the car that was 4th or 5th and it caused a lot of confusion to the drivers, that didn´t know if they could overtake the safety car or not
- there is a need for everybody to be much more careful driving behind the SC
- after the SC leaves the track, the drivers have to respect blue flags. Today we saw a lot of people fight with cars that we´re lapping them, causing a lot of dangerous situations and some accidents

Anyway, I think it was a great ideia that we had this test race, because now we´re aware of this issues and I´m sure everybody will try their best to solve them so we can have a great start to this season of IGTC.
Quote from chunkyracer :Just a couple of considerations about the safety car, after watching the race on LFS Remote and being on the teamspeak with the drivers from my team:

- the safety car should always wait for the first car before entering the track, one of the times the SC was deployed, it entered in front of the car that was 4th or 5th and it caused a lot of confusion to the drivers, that didn´t know if they could overtake the safety car or not
- there is a need for everybody to be much more careful driving behind the SC
- after the SC leaves the track, the drivers have to respect blue flags. Today we saw a lot of people fight with cars that we´re lapping them, causing a lot of dangerous situations and some accidents

Anyway, I think it was a great ideia that we had this test race, because now we´re aware of this issues and I´m sure everybody will try their best to solve them so we can have a great start to this season of IGTC.

All very good points. As concerns the first point, we realized the same thing following the first SC period and after that we had Kaw wait for the leader.

The only other really confusing SC instance was when the leader (I believe it was the 15 car) caught the SC and then pitted when most of the cars behind him were a lap down. This led to a situation where we had to let most of the field by to get the leader (which turned out to still be the 15 car) behind the SC again. It gave a lot of cars their laps back, but it was sort of a mess. We'll have to work out a procedure there.
I'm totally dissapointed in Cyber Racing car - the driver (don't remember name) who were driving fist 30 minutes of the race started ramming me on straight. I had blue flag, i tryed to let him pass but he continued punching me from the back.
Also 106 on 77. lap , who just crashed me out when i started braking on back straight. I had him lapped and when i got pass him, i started braking at 125 meters and he just crashed into me...

I really hope, that some people will respect blue flag more.

Kirill.D
c4Racing.
125 metres is 25 metres too early. Maybe they weren't expecting you to brake so early and that caused the incident. I'll look at the incidents if you tell me the laps.
The crash with 106 were on 77. lap. The problem with Cyber i dont know, have to check up my replay.
Q: Admins, can we get a full replay of the race please?
sorry if i miss it in rules...
When SC is deployed we must respect blue flag or not? Overtaking is forbiden except blue flag situations?
#42 - Dru
Quote from Megin :sorry if i miss it in rules...
When SC is deployed we must respect blue flag or not? Overtaking is forbiden except blue flag situations?

Absoloutly no overtaking.

During the SC periods nobody should be attempting a pass on you and there should be a 2 car gap minimum between all cars.
Quote from BenjiMC :Absoloutly no overtaking.

The SC car you do overtake if you´re not the race leader.
Race report from me, pardon anything I got wrong, no replay from the last stint

Quote from Gil on SR forum :

So, the test race In the midst of the mayhem there was some good racing:

Karl didn't do a PB in quali, but nonetheless a high 1.08 wasn't bad, so we started at 18th place of 24 teams. Tongey started the stint, managed not to hit anybody in the first laps, if I recall correctly, did some overtaking but spun a few times and went back to 16th when his stint ended. When i took over I left the pits in 18th again. I managed to get out quite well, do some overtaking and fast laps. Spun once though, that lost me 1 place. Then about 4 minutes before my stint would end, the Safety Car came out, so me and Karl decided to do a perfect pitstop+driver change and get back out in 15th, like the pitstop was started, with Karl in the car. After that, mayhem broke out, and many teams weren't careful at all, leading to many crashes and SC periods. Karl got tangled up in some of them, by no fault of his, but that made us lose some time. Then he started a great recovery, getting to 10th by passing cars and avoiding all the crashed ones. Overall it was a great result for the team, and we proved that being fast isn't everything

Roll on Round 1!

Quote from Megin :sorry if i miss it in rules...

The applicable rule with emphasis added:

Quote :J2.4) Drivers ahead of the leader at the time of the full-course yellow may pass the SC and re-join the tail of the field. These drivers may not overtake one another while catching the field. Drivers behind the leader at the time of the full-course yellow must follow in on-track running order, not in race position order.

Good it was a test race only.

- [TDRT] 104 T.Jessen, he told me, had his settings at "always change tyres", "not setup changes" and "no damage repair" as he leading this race, does his pitstop and,however, it fixed all damage and we only got 1 tyre changed. (LFS bug?)
- Lap 79, the later Race Winner No. 03, Adaptive Racing Team I think it was, overtakes us and gains 3th position under SC period.No overtaking under SC...
- Lap 80 we lost some positions once more under a SC as we´re hit from behind
- Lap 82, car No.23Team"Fred Loves Pie" doesn´t have any overlap and takes TDRT on 4th position out once more.
- We had to race against blue flagged cars a lot of times.C´mon ppl., don´t decide the race...
Good this was a test race only...

Anyways, thanks to the race admins. Season 2008 is going to be a lot of fun, I´m sure about.
Wanted to say that you guys ran very well today too, Kolz. A big improvement over your pace last season.
#50 - Dru
A big thank you for running this test race

We thank you for letting CR run with 2 cars, it was a great experience for all 4 drivers involved

I've made a quick report on our forums here if anyone is interested.

we truely can not wait for the Championship proper to start

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG