The online racing simulator
Event 8, Westhill International
Discussion thread for this weeks race. Feel free to post
Have you Fiendis made your own team called [FF]?
Oh Man if Blackout joins team Flying Finns were all going to have our hands full with that crew.. hehe.

At least Canada still rules the Hockey world and again I ask, is Mrs Fiendi going to race? If so, that is going to be hard on us NASSA guys, we're so dern polite we'll have to keep stopping to let the lady past
I did have a question, I've noticed alot of guys cutting into the pit lane exit going up the back straight. I believe it is against the rules to cross that solid white line even if no car is exiting pit lane is it not?

I know it's a picky point but that is an accident waiting to happen. Can you comment on this, Solar or Fiendi. Thanks
Quick response: if a car crosses the pit exit line and causes an accident, it will certainly be sanctioned heavily by the Appeals Arbiter.

No comment on other circumstances (which is no statement about it being allowed or not).

Solar Hydro, Appeals Arbiter
Now, now Ant you know at least our girls will take it to yours in Torino
Quote from varjsa-9 :Feel free to post

Hm, I feel quite free to post. What should I talk about?
Aaah, made a new skin for me new car. The 'Heer Bommel Special'. Isnt she beautifull? Idea is borrowed from the 'John Player Special' F1 car. Just wait for my LX4 skin .

Not possible to include a picture here? Never mind, you all can enjoy the car next sunday.
Ooo, [FF] stands for Flying Finns not FiendiFiendi?

edit. I shoul start checking my email more often :uglyhamme
Quote from AtomAnt :Oh Man if Blackout joins team Flying Finns were all going to have our hands full with that crew.. hehe.

Quote from AtomAnt : At least Canada still rules the Hockey world and again I ask, is Mrs Fiendi going to race? If so, that is going to be hard on us NASSA guys, we're so dern polite we'll have to keep stopping to let the lady past

Oh, you don't have to stop because of me, I'd love to fight my way up On track I'm just one of the guys, at least that's how I wish to be treated
Hey Fiendi, is that your new skin? Very nice...
Quote from MARSH2a :Hey Fiendi, is that your new skin? Very nice...

That's the official Flying Finn skin (FOX)
I'm a Flying Fin as well!
Think the site is down, it just goes to a page saying, cannot connect to database.

Everyone take care in Turns one two and three on lap one, likely crash spots until fireld spreads.
working again
Maybe OLFSL team were updating it at that exact point, as it is ok now.

Quote from russraine :Maybe OLFSL team were updating it at that exact point, as it is ok now.

It's a service provider problem, but should be ok now.

Here's my new car, ive nearly ripped apart my wheel in some corners trying to keep it together
#17 - agor
Ok guys, wish u all good luck in the race!!!
I will try to finish the race without mistakes, discuss more after the race
Quote from agor :Ok guys, wish u all good luck in the race!!!
I will try to finish the race without mistakes, discuss more after the race

I will just try to finish .. that's enough for me this time
Pool 6
Really lousy race for me!!
Started in the pole but in the turn before the chicane, Bozo ( congratulations for your win!! ) braked harder than I expected and I went to the grass tryng to avoid crashing into him...
Let everyone pass and did the laps before I went to the pits with a quite unstable car. After the pits I was in 8th place, and just thinking in finishing the race when in lap 20 it happened... My wheel that isn't working right decided to stop responding for a second and I crashed... My car went past the barriers and got reset to the track ( don't know if this is normal in LFS!!)...
What a night.. but it was fun

Thanks to all of you who showed up or informed me about not being able to show up in advance. I really appreciate that.
I have never felt so annoyed with myself as I do tonight!

I started in about 10th (I think) and by the end of lap one, I was 13th due to me being VERY careful. But this is OK. I raced my way up to 6th (mostly due to other people not being careful and taking trips across the grass!) then I pitted and rejoined in 10th. After everybody else pitted, I found myself back in 6th. All ok so far. Then pod.germanpio pitted and I overtook him into 5th. OK, 5 laps to go, two cars behind me catching me slowly, but I should be OK. The two cars behind me (pod.germanpio and Martin Buchan) were fighting with themselves and so this allowed me to (JUST) stay in front. Then they split and pod.germanpio came after me again. This time I didn't stand a chance and he slip streamed past me at the end of the start/finish straight. OK, I thought, last lap, 6th is fine. Then halfway around the lap I switched to F12 view, just to check. I could not believe my eyes - 0.9% fuel remaining..... my heart sank... I am going to run out of fuel. Sure enough, just before the last corner on the last lap, it ran out of fuel. I kept to the inside and tried to climb the hill on the ignition. I pulled into the pits, but my mind was so annoyed by what I had done, that it completely forgot that I could have pulled into a pit box and refuelled - instead I got stuck in the pit lane, not going forward or back....stuck....damn....

I sat there for 8 minutes, before I moved again......

I had miscalculated my fuel. I know the mistake I made...and I will NEVER make it again.

Thanks for reading (if you are still with me :-)

Tim
To Bad tiger, I finished with .9 in da tank,I had some good racing in pool 5 and seen a great pass by da GIANT ...and yah when I looked over he was GRINNING. NASSA did well today with a 1st a 2nd a 9th and a 11th.

I hosted pool 4 today and never had I seen such a clean start to any event, all you pool 4 guys take a bow .

Thanks again to the OLFS Crew for making Super Bowl Sunday More SUPER. GO SEAHAWKS....off to da party..later

Now onto my kind of cars..see yah at the GP of Aston
What a race I had... Started from 11th place, gained 3 places right at the start before T1 (if you can call that a turn... )... I was 5th in the second lap, before I hit the grass at the exit of the chicane with just one tire... Tried to bring it back in the right direction, but failed eventually... So, I was back at 10th place... I passed a few drivers standing in the gravel, I passed Phoenix (who did his first league race, as he told us then) in T5 (right before the chicane) on the inside after he dipped into the grass at T4... He wasn't aware of me passing him on the inside, so it was a little bump, but nothing seriously happened... In lap 12, I passed tim at the last corner, he didn't thought for position, as he was going into pits anyway (thx for letting me by, I appreciate it)... Because almost all drivers pitted in at laps 13-15, I was 2nd by then... Pitted in lap 20 (as planned), just repairing and taking fuel and I got off the pits right in time to defend my second place... So: 2nd place in pool 5, a great and incredibly fair race, I enjoyed it very much...
No problem bbman, I knew I was pitting, so no need to fight and cause unneccessary accident.

Tim
Hours after the race, I remain completely in awe at FienDi's performance and result in Pool 3 (2nd overall, not far from the winner). Sincere congratulations are due!

I drove what was probably my best ever race in OLFSL. Even if I say so myself, my performance was particularly solid and secure (clean passes only when possible, restraint otherwise, 2 very little mistakes that cost me perhaps 10 sec in total, driving 1.35/36 laps fairly constantly, executing my pit strategy completely as planned), yet I ended up only 4th, and FienDi took 2nd despite a first lap dogged by an accident which allowed me to pass him.

The only possible explanation was that my crew changed 4 tyres, whilst FienDi's crew was under instructions not to change tyres, and he gained big time in the pits (although I saw him rack up a pb that was well below my qualifying lap, which deserves congrats as well).

Congratulations you Flying Fiend!

Solar Hydro

Event 8, Westhill International
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG