The online racing simulator
#1 - Cawwa
Team Rank take 2
I hope you don't mind I come with another sugestion ... ... for sure FienDi's are keen to listen to us and I hope I don't stretch their will to do so with this sugestion.

We recruited Kleppa to our team (welcome aboard m8 .. ) and wooppssaaa sudenly we bounced up from place 11 to 5 in the team standings. Of course we enjoy when we climb up on the lists but we prefere to do so by earned points.
Is there a possibility to have the points a way so we get the points that the members earned when they were/are a member of the team? What happened before didn't really belong to the new team.
One other situation would be if a driver leave one team for another team. In that case the new team sudenly got that drivers points and the old team get the same points redrawn from them. Not very fair imo.
Well .. maybe these situations aren't comon in this league ... or once we now have team standings in the list it might be risk that this happens.

So my sugestion in short would be: Only members can earn points to the team.

What is your opinion guys?
We have talked about this with the staff as well.
This is a very difficult - yet justified - question. Me and FienDi agree, that it would be very hard to track those changes (we don't have much spare time as it is, so this would mean even less), and then the member would be in two teams at once because the points would still be there and therefore so should the explanation for them. I'm sure it's possible to make the database understand that, but how difficult it will be, that I do not know. Only person who can answer that is FienDi. And he's also the only one who can make it happen if someone can. :bowdown:

We (Flying Finn Racing Team) are a good example of this situation as well. We are recruiting teamless members, and that of course effects our position in the team standings. However we are not trying to gain a good position in the team standings, we just go for the personal success. Because of that fact, I have absolutely no problem with Flying Finn being "disqualified" from the team standings, if this becomes a problem. We'll just wait for the next season and win you all

I can of course ask FienDi if it would be possible for him to make the database understand team changes and start counting points to the new team after that. I won't make any promises of creating this, but I can promise to ask FienDi.
I agree with the "earned point" thinking, with this addition. Those points earned by a particular member of a team should stay with that team which the earned points were awarded. So long as they were indeed "earned" as a member of that team. Did you just say that? Sorry, just my opinion.
I asked FienDi about this, and he said it's possible to create this system, but it will not be easy. It's actually so difficult, that he gave us 2 options:

1. team standings remain as they are now
2. team standings disappear from OLFSL website

His exact words were, that it is simply too much to ask, he can't do it. Either the standings stay that way or they will be removed.

I see the point from both sides, but I must agree with FienDi on this one. The guy is nearly a zombie already. :tired:

I don't recommend recruiting too many racers to gain a better position in team standings, because we are keeping an eye on that, just to see if team changes happen more often than usual. Personal success should still be more important than team positions, right?
I really don't think it's all that important. NASSA for one wouldn't just accept anyone to increase our standing, no we're not snobs. Russ asked about joining NASSA earlier this month and I explained that ATM NASSA only accepts members in North America......this is due only to TIME ZONE issues, Canada and the USA being so large we can already be as much as 3 1/2 hours apart from coast to coast.

I can see where the OLFS Crew would have alot of work to do to add a player to a team and separate his/her points. To me it just seems like far to much work.

It's nice to see CAWWA trying to keep the playing field as level as possible and not gain any unfair standing just by wanting to grow the team.

Take Care
Da Ant
Quote from AtomAnt :NASSA for one wouldn't just accept anyone to increase our standing, no we're not snobs.

Same here.
#7 - Cawwa
Fair enough. If THE guy says no there's no more to argue about is there?
You all know where I stand here since I brough it up but for sure this team standing as it is now is a huge amount better then with no team standings at all.

Of course we understand that there is a limit for what a man/woman can do, pls carry on with the league. It's a great league with the best racers in LfS I guess ...
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Same here.

That Smile says it all.

So? Mrs Fiendi, Bad rumor has it...ZOOM........Thar she Goes!
Not!
If some team joined and had a GAZIillon members, I have the Utmost Faith in OLFS, barring that...N/P
Hi
Luckily I don't think there will be too many team changes, members switching teams so hopefully it wont affect the standings too much anyway.
But it's an interesting point!

I think we should keep it as it is for now and maybe for the next league the change can be made when everyone is at zero points again?
Quote from AtomAnt :That Smile says it all.

So? Mrs Fiendi, Bad rumor has it...ZOOM........Thar she Goes!

Meaning Are you going to Race?
Quote from AtomAnt :Meaning Are you going to Race?

Yeah I got that.. And yes, I am.

Who told you??
I didn't tell him
because I didn't know.

I can't believe as senior director hairy manager sub assitant official Person of the Flying Finns team I was not informed before Atom Ant that Mrs FienDi was racing.

I demand a Team meeting! lol
Quote from russraine :because I didn't know.

I can't believe as senior director hairy manager sub assitant official Person of the Flying Finns team I was not informed before Atom Ant that Mrs FienDi was racing.

I demand a Team meeting! lol

LOL..

I will start racing when the next season begins. It's been about 2 years since I last tried racing, so I have a lot to learn..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG