The online racing simulator
Round 6 : Endurance Westhill Reverse : Post race discussion
One word, AWESOME, will flesh it out a bit when my arms, legs and arse has woken up
What a race! I too will post a bit later after some paracetamol
i started well , then i messed up ,and on about lap 20 i really needed the toilet , had a few bumps and also a team crash , i hit a sign and tobi decided to join me . fineshed 13th with is good for me . Great race in general.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Can we skip this one please?

Ok... had a good start, then bumped Bozo and spun... back in last, made a big mistake every 5 laps, had some fight with the OrBs (literally, sorry jwardy), and that's it

Oh, at the end I was "ZOMG I'm gonna pass Dave!" but he was with tyre problems looks like it wasnt a good day for him as well

At least I got a few more points...
I was in same situation last 2 races. I'm in the middle of my exam period and I started in both races without any training. Kyoto race was good, because race lenght was short and I like this track. Today's race was much worst. I decided to start race with full tank and finish without tyre change. But my quickly made setup wasn't tested and strategy for race bad. I was waiting when hot tyres will get cold (I expected +- 30 minutes as gtr), but nothing happened. So I went on overheated tyres and lost much time. Tyre temperatures got ok around lap 35, what was a little late. Result is not important today. Race was very usefull for my skills - now I know how to prepare setup for longer races.
Congrats to Hannu, excelent performance.

I'm sorry for my english
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :
the set which proved itsself great during a longer test run, suddenly didnt work for me anymore, the tires were overheating and needed 30laps to cool off again, during the next 5laps i managed to put my fastest lap times in, after that i had to slow down again since tire wear started to become an issue and the rear kept trying to escape
came into the pits on lap40...and lost a place to [dr]niall....that son of a gun managed to run the entire race without a pitstop
during the last 8laps i was praying that he would pit any lap ... or blow a tire ...or run out of ...but he didnt

That set was great I just softened up the rear end a tad and it worked like a charm. I didnt have any tire issues, they were green from lap 4 to lap 48. Near the end, I didn't exactly know what would happen to my tires, the thread seemed to be getting thinner and thinner, so i took it easy after Felix pitted Just wondering, would the tire have popped if it got thinner, even though it was green?

Anywho, with little over an hour of practice, I went into quali expecting bottom half of the grid. I went out and got a PB, landing me in 8th position behind Bozo and [AR] Evolution. I had a fine start sniffing bozos arse for 3 or 4 laps, but i got passed him With Evolution in sight, i started pushing a bit. On the map, I saw Spanky slaughtering his enemys down 1 by 1, I got a bit twitchy

I caught Evolution and passed him on the main straight. I started to pull ahead, but after 2 laps i became sloppy, with him nearing me coming into the chicane, I clipped the grass whitch sent me into a spin causing my tires to sizzle with me going around the tires

I then saw Spanky had pitted, so I laid back a bit. Cruising in 5th position, i slowly began to catch up with Evolution. I was a bit confused seeing everyone pit, and because im not the best at keeping my tires cool, I thought that surely others wouldn't have much trouble.

With Evolution pitting, I went to 4th. And with Speedway pitting, I went to 3rd.

All in all, a very good race. It has earned me my highest RSWC finish and also my highest ever serious league position.
As I said earler, I really, REALLY enjoyed this race, for me, long races is where it's at, you get into this zen type state of mind where nothing matters but the person infront, the person behind, the next corner, and how much gas is in the tank, and to me, thats awesome.

Qual went well, managed to qual 10th, which was ok, about normal for me, start was TERRIBLE, I forgot to put the damn car in gear, and just sat there after the lights went green, woops, sorry to those behind me.

That put me in almost dead last, but with endurance racing, its not that important.

My plan was not to stop at all, tyres were fine, infact, after 35 laps they were getting grippier and grippier, unfortunately I was about 1-2% fuel short for the race, so I was forced to stop for fuel, but damn LFS decided, even though I had tyre change > 90%, that my right rear, yes, the RIGHT, needed changing, so the last few laps were done with one rear cold tyre, very odd.

Luckily, I was far enough infront of spanky that he couldn't pass as I exited the pits, so I managed to keep 8th, which I am pleased about.

Highlights, racing Bean0, seems to be quite common this season, some TOP DRAWER racing from you sir, very enjoyable, watching DaveWS powerslide his way round most of the track, he had some serious tyre issues by the looks of things and racing with Gav, sorry for the little tap .

It seems a few people had tyre issues, which was strange considering some of us were looking at race distance with one set..........

Anyway, top notch race, really good, roll on next week, as it's only a week break this time round because of Valentines day .

Results and guff will be up ASAP, when I get 5 mins to do them.

Cheers all, top notch stuff once again
#8 - bozo
I had a fantastic start to the session. In my practice beforehand I managed a couple of low 1:55s, and thought that was as good as I could do. Then somehow up popped a 1:54.44 in the real qualifying. I have no idea where that one came from, but it gave me a 7th place start.

Then at the start I slipped between 2 lumbering FZ5s into 4th place for the first corner. I was really happy to be there, and happy that the cars around me weren't pulling away at any great pace (except Hannu!) But that was as good as it got, as I knew I had qualified at a pace that didn't represent my true race pace.

The first few racers to pass I let through quite easily. It would have been pointless to try to defend, and would only have wasted some time. Everything went well except for de Souza, who I think was caught out as I slowed for the final right hander. Later on I was less easy on anybody passing. My pace was better than expected, but even so I only finished in 11th position. After the excellent start I was hoping for a top 10, but I guess 11th is a lot better than normal for me.

Unfortunately I saw Ghost take a spin at the first chicane when he was approaching to lap me. I had the blue flag showing, but he was too far behind coming up to the chicane for me to pull over. I decided to get through the chicane and let him pass on the next straight before the following chicane. As I exited the chicane I saw him spin onto the grass. I hope that he wasn't distracted by me.

Anyhow, it was an excellent event. I'm glad there's only one race of this length in the season though. Fun as it was, it was very tiring.
Yeah, I think that one enduro race is enough, but its very nice to have a mix of sprint, normal length and enduro length races.
Good race yesterday, though i was tired to death and falling asleep behind wheel.
I haven't practiced for this combo, so thanks to speedway for setup, it helped me alot.

9th place in quali was therefore good.

But i lost it on start. Dan was a sitting duck, so i had to slow down and dropped to last. Thanks to him, i had a great race. In first laps i was racing with him and Bean0. Then jwardy went out in t1 and slowed others down, so i had clean air ahead and behind. I catched my race pace and drafted past GFresh. Then i got behind Wimpie. He was very hard to overtake, holding defensive line, so i couldn't do almost nothing. After few laps i got past him. In lap 21 i catched bozo and made quick deal with him on top speed. Others were so far and faster than me, so i settled on 8th and kept my pace until pitstop in lap 28. There i changed all tyres, but that was epic mistake, which has shown later in last laps. Got out of pits ahead of bozo, P1lot and Spanky. P1lot was much faster and i struggled to keep him behind. I did mistake in chicane while we were side by side, crashed into tyres and lost position to him and also Spanky. I got past Spankmeyer almost immediately in T1. Then i catched Wimpie (again). Sorry for that little push in lap 34, i was braking bit later. In lap 36 i drafted him on finish straight, but one lap later i missed my brake point there and went wide. Meanwhile Spanky got past Wimpie, so i lost position only to him. I catched him quickly and had great fight with him. But few laps before finish i cooked LF tyre (that new rubber was really not good idea), so Spanky got away. And then, while braking into T1, in last lap, my RF tyre decided to blow up. Thankfully Bean0 was far behind, so i managed to bring it home on 9th place.

So where i started, there i finished. Great race with no practice and no setup, i enjoyed it from start to finish.
Amazing race, definitely the most fun I've had in LFS for a long time.

Qually went ok for me, set a PB and ended up towards the rear of the grid as per usual.

Like Dan, I forgot to select first gear and got an utterly crap start. Hugged the inside into T1 in a vain attempt to mimise the damage but got passed by a few people.

I think it was Kid and JWardy that I had a bit of a fight with in the early laps, and then I found myself behind Dan. For a good 10 laps at least we had an truly epic battle, neither of us giving the other any breathing space but 100% hard and fair racing. Dan put a wheel on the grass coming out of T1 which allowed me to pass him, and I think he got involved in another fight enabling me to pull away a little. I hope our battle helped ease the pain you were feeling after the not-so-good MRT event the other day

I was originally planning just to splash'n'dash and keep the same tyres, but blew my front left on lap 45 braking under the bridge into the chicane. Luckily this didn't throw me off the track and I limped back to the pits hoping only that tyre would be changed, but to my horror all 4 were replaced and I could only watch as I lost 4 positions whilst stationary.

I saw that I was catching Bozo and Wimpie so went balls out on my new fresh rubber knowing that they only had to last 3 laps, and managed to overtake both to get back up to 10th at the finish.

Hannu's pace was remarkable, congratulations on a well deserved win.
Quote from de Souza :Can we skip this one please?

Ok... had a good start, then bumped Bozo and spun... back in last, made a big mistake every 5 laps, had some fight with the OrBs (literally, sorry jwardy), and that's it

Oh, at the end I was "ZOMG I'm gonna pass Dave!" but he was with tyre problems looks like it wasnt a good day for him as well

At least I got a few more points...

Lol thats racing for you .
@Bean0, I think you are my nemisis, I seem to remember have some good battles with you at Kyoto too

And yeah, Hannu is a machine, so much pace and consistancy.
From my post at team forum
Quote :In the dying seconds of the qualifying I pipped hannu's time by 0.05 seconds (pb) to gain pole.

Nevertheless, hannu had a better start and was ahead after T1. Going side by side also meant Ghost_CZ had squeezed through by the next turn. I had decided on carrying 80% fuel and was on cold tyres, so wasn’t worried at this stage. I got up to speed over the next lap and regained 2nd position on lap 3, and started pulling away. Hannu was pulling away in front, I was maintaining a similar gap to 3rd. Things were looking good.

On lap 8 just before the second split my screens went black, NOOOooooo!
I initially thought ‘Not another powercut?’ but realised the lights were still on. A couple of seconds passed and I realised my PC was still on… I moved my mouse and the screens came back on. Had this been the screensaver switching the monitors off? It hadn’t happened before, I moved the mouse every few laps from then on.
The screen came back to life showing me pointing towards a barrier, I don’t know where, only now I lifted my foot off the throttle. Apologies to anyone I might have affected. Checking F10 I was amazed to see that there was no damage, however the clutch damage bar was bright red. By the time I joined the track again, the last driver had passed and my car sounded like a Yugo CVT – had the same performance also

It took 5 laps of granny driving to get the clutch temperature back down to orange where I could resume with full throttle racing. I was now over 20 seconds behind the last guy (position 17), and I reckon I lost 70 seconds for this incident. I decided to race on.

Over the next 12 laps I had passed some stragglers and had come upon –willi- in 12th. It took 3 laps to get past him, despite my speed here I can’t pass for toffee!
After a quiet few laps I next caught Dan and Bean0 fighting with each other. It’s not easy passing those FZ50 lardarses and I must admit to getting frustrated. After passing Dan I was next trying on Bean0, but with Dan right behind. At one point I aimed to go left of Bean0 approaching a corner but he closed the door at the very last second, I had to stab the brakes to avoid a collision. So Dan bumps me because of this and I’m fishtailing for control while he takes the position back. Enough of this, time to pit and get that extra fuel.

Rejoining in 12th on lap 29 and I quickly get back to 10th position. Then another long spell of clear track and quick times. I don’t know if I had picked up any engine damage in my incident, but the times were not too far off. On Lap 40 I caught Dan again and made the pass stick since Bean0 wasn’t immediately in front. Past Bean0 on lap 42, and thought I would end up 6th. But I was catching [GR]Evolution, so there was a chance. Lap 47 he went wide at the chicane and I did an ambitious dive to the right, unfortunately we swapped paint which spun me. I thought I would have had another lap to try but hannu had just lapped me so it ended there, with 6th position for me.

A disappointment for all my effort, but not bad I suppose following the incident.

Stupidity!

I managed to grab 6th place in quali with my alternate moniker thus after switching it to the proper one I was in the back of the grid.

In hindsight I don't think it would have made much difference as I had plenty of faster drivers/better tacticians behind me - and I think I had a lot more interesting race in the end.

And the lights go green!

WTF Moment #1

Guess one of the Adaptive dudes must've fallen asleep waiting for the start. Spontaneous laughter erupted as I flew past a few guys on the main straight.

WTF Moment #2

Spontaneous cries of help erupted as lap 1 turned out to go not-so-well as people kept passing me like I was driving a Punto. I kept checking the pedal bars, all looked good so I thought someone had put water in my gas tank.

Then I went gung-ho and drove like I had stolen the Punto.

WTF Moment #3

I had just passed Bozo when Hannu started to whack me in the face with a blue flag on a stick. I could hear the manic screams of 'JUMALAUTA NYT SAATANA HETI POIS EESTÄ!' so I gave him plenty of room.

In fact I gave him so much room the blue flag notification lagged and I thought some other RAC was lapping me too. Bozo got a free ticked around me and I felt very stupid indeed.

I did manage to pass him (again) a few laps after. Some lag must've felt a role as we shared some paint causing him to lose surprisingly lot of speed.

WTF Moment #4

'I thought I passed that dude earlier already?'

I had really great battles with Wimpie, Kid, Bozo, Dano - The usual suspects.

I want full stats nao!
Just for you Spankster, the extended stats, I'll try and sort points etc out this weekend.
Attached files
RSWC Rd6.zip - 1.3 MB - 223 views
There was no .css file
I apologize for my absence there... I had to participate on "necessary" event

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG