The online racing simulator
#26 - bozo
Sounds risky, and according to lfsworld stats your fuel usage would indicate 102.24%.

Mind you, you could always do a splash and dash if the fuel did run low. The last bit is also downhill ...
Quote from danowat :My fuel prediction is 100.8%, thinking if I take one or two laps easy I can avoid a pitstop......

There's always the possibility of being lapped as well.
Well, if the FZ5's are gonna stay at any kind of decent pace, then a stop for tyres is a given i think. And in this case, you could go out at the start with a 100% fuel load, then when you come in for tyres, just put in something like 5% fuel, that wont cost much time.
Server is passworded again?

EDIT: It's on a side cart combo too.
Yeah, it's setup for tomorrows MRT league race.....

Attached images
oh noes.jpg
Can we have clarification on how we should consider the pit entry and exit? Should we avoid crossing any pit lane lines, or only on the exit?

I can imagine there will be close side by side action coming on to the start/finish straight. Are we allowed to stray into the pit entry lane if we're not coming into the pits? (In my LFS the pit entry lane suddenly appears when I'm almost upon it)
Yeah, it does "clip" a little (the pitlane line).

I would say that the yellow line should be avoided at all costs, of course, mistakes will happen, but any obvious yellow line cutting will be deemed as a breach.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :what yellow lines? am i blind or have i practised the wrong combo again?

we1r it is...no?

Westhill International Reverse

IIRC we3r
It's We1r. And the pitlane lines are white in this case
lol woops.

anywho, anyone got a decent setup for the track? race_s isnt cutting it for me thanks
#38 - bozo
Quote from danowat :I would say that the yellow line should be avoided at all costs, of course, mistakes will happen, but any obvious yellow line cutting will be deemed as a breach.

Could you please announce this just prior to the start of the race when everyone is paying attention? At the last race I saw at least 1 driver ignore the yellow line on pit exit to get straight onto the banking, despite your announcement before the race.
It's the same "rule" as in every other event, and every other time someone asks.

It's a soft rule, and tbh, a rule that everyone should really abide by, regardless, you do not cross the pitline, it's there for a reason.

But I will clarify before each of the remaining events.
Quote from bozo :Could you please announce this just prior to the start of the race when everyone is paying attention? At the last race I saw at least 1 driver ignore the yellow line on pit exit to get straight onto the banking, despite your announcement before the race.

Lol im confused.

"Could you please announce this just prior to the start of the race when everyone is paying attention"

"I saw at least 1 driver ignore ... despite your announcement before the race."
#41 - bozo
@MijnWraak, what I said makes sense to me

At the last event, Dan stated that drivers should not cross the pit exit line amidst a lot of chatter during the practice before the quali started. I noticed it, but I could see that not everybody would have seen it. I just wanted this communication to be stated in a way that everybody would receive.

@Dan, I've only raised this because when we were at South City you were very relaxed about the pit line being crossed, I think because the exit was so narrow. It'll avoid any issues if we know cars exiting the pits will stay over to the right on this track.
-
Cant make race tommorrow, family emergency :chairfall (no one fell of a chair... thats me getting happy for race and then.. aparantly falling off a chair?:shrug i cannot get a ride to make the race in time. sorry for late cancelation

Good luck in the race everybody.
All info sent out, see you all tonight fellas
I so haven't had the time to do the required preparation for this race, i'm gonna have to wing it and see how it go's...
I will probably skip this one. There is small possibility that i will come, but im not sure.
Have good race guys.
Sorry cant make this one, my kleenex delivery is coming tonight.
#47 - bozo
I'm looking forward to the challenge of completing 48 laps without incident ... well, 47, given that I'm sure to be lapped. I'm getting consistently into the 1:56s on race fuel. I'm hoping that'll be enough to stay in contention with the back of the pack.

Does anybody know if the RAC tyres will last the whole distance?
#48 - Vain
Unfortunately I can't participate - again...

I feel the need to explain my lack of participation lately: I'm a member in a university commitee that assembles about bi-weekly on thursday evenings and unfortunately it has picked up the same schedule as RSWC lately. I hope I can make it change back to how it was before soon.

Have fun and torture some rubber for me .

Vain
-
i did 20 laps offline last night got down to 1.58.8 but , if i do my eco driving i might avoid a pit aswell.
I'm gonna skip one more race :\. I've been pretty busy and couldn't put any laps down on this combo.
I think it would be pretty pointless to try and do an endurance race with no practice.

Shame really, becouse I really like the feeling of this league and people running in it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG