The online racing simulator
Quote from Toddshooter :If we need real sounding names how come people that contribute to UKCT don't? There is a contributer on the main members page named
"DJ Feel Boobs"

Ok, to be fair that was a little joke on my birthday (over 1 month ago), but it has slipped through the cracks and hasn't been corrected.
#52 - Dru
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok, to be fair that was a little joke on my birthday (over 1 month ago), but it has slipped through the cracks and hasn't been corrected.

lol....which crack? ah.. best i don't ask actually....
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok, to be fair that was a little joke on my birthday (over 1 month ago), but it has slipped through the cracks and hasn't been corrected.

HUMMMMM..... Proffesional?
#54 - SamH
damn cheek
Quote from SamH :damn cheek

I was thinking more like "Foot in Mouth"

After all it is a game.
#56 - VoiD
Quote from BBO@BSR :and you also prefer giving yourself comical names.
I always liked the "Karl Ranseier is dead" part in the good old german saturday night live show.

gotcha

I´m a bit paranoid. My real name is "Detlev Suhrbier". But that sounds too stupid.
Quote from VoiD : gotcha

I´m a bit paranoid. My real name is "Detlev Suhrbier". But that sounds too stupid.

What did you say... Delly Sunburn?
#58 - VoiD
Quote from JO53PHS :What did you say... Delly Sunburn?

Naa, ..."Detlev"!
Try to spell the "t" very soft like a "d", erase "lly" and add a soft "tlev". Sounds stupid enough..?
is Leeroy Jenkens a sensible name?
Ahaa Detlev..finally we have refound the ex boyfriend and heroïne dealer of poor little Christiane F.
No wonder u are a bit paranoid
Quote from atlantian :is Leeroy Jenkens a sensible name?

You shouldn't haffto worry, CTRA isn't for demo drivers.
#62 - VoiD
Quote from Noccy :...finally we have refound the ex boyfriend and heroïne dealer of poor little Christiane F.
No wonder u are a bit paranoid

He wasn´t a dealer. Only a poor a\o/foked heroin-adict. Doing some small business to survive...:ashamed:
#63 - VoiD
Quote from atlantian :is Leeroy Jenkens a sensible name?

Sounds good and respectfull, but feels like "John Smith".
you seriously don't know leeroy jenkens?!?!
#65 - VoiD
there´s something going on in my mind about that name, but I can´t catch it.
Maybe he was the 4th President of USA or the creator of South Park, I´m not sure...

Plz enlight me!
:munching_
#69 - Dru
Quote from atlantian :you seriously don't know leeroy jenkens?!?!

Is he a member of a team in LFS?

Ok,

lets play 20 question's to find out who he is.....

No.1.

Is he famous?
Yes

Number 2.

Is he a race car driver?
Quote from Viper93 :Hit the brakes for a second.

End of story, this is not open for debate and has been like this since the beginning of the X-system.

If you don't like that you have to use a real name to show up in the rankings then find something else to do, tough =P Just to be clear that everything in the X-system will still work for these drivers but they simply and ONLY will not be shown on the rankings list.

We are trying to provide a professional appearing service for everyone and part of that appearance is to get rid of the wacky usernames like RiCeZ0Rs which reeks of childhood antics and pimply teenagers sitting in a dark room during all hours of the day which is not what we are about.

LOL your user name is Viper ffs!

There is no need to shout either. Also please re-read your post to yourself and see if it doesn't sound like your getting slightly dictatorish like. You should also remember that the system is what it is because of LFS racer community, I'm sure many of whom have given ideas to the successful running of the system.
#73 - SamH
Quote from AlienT. :LOL your user name is Viper ffs!

http://www.raceauthority.com/stats/Christopher Raemisch
It's Chris Raemisch in the CTRA system. This is the point of this thread.
Quote from AlienT. :There is no need to shout either. Also please re-read your post to yourself and see if it doesn't sound like your getting slightly dictatorish like. You should also remember that the system is what it is because of LFS racer community, I'm sure many of whom have given ideas to the successful running of the system.

Occasionally it does seem like it is necessary to shout. Most especially when repeating the same thing at the same audio level has absolutely no impact whatsoever. Admins always sound dictatorish, that's par for the course. Most certainly the community is what drives us to do what we do with the CTRA. Yes, occasionally there are frustrations on the way, but we never lose sight of the fact that what we do is appreciated by the majority of people who take part in it.

I'm regularly reminded that the people who race on our system recognise our determination to provide and continue to develop a fun place to race, with firm and reasonable rules that apply to everyone equally, no matter who they are or who they know, a POSITIVE place to be. We are transparent where it matters, certainly regarding admin decisions and penalties. You can challenge us, publicly or privately, on almost ANY decision we make, from server setups to menu options to penalties to website content. Sure, the last word is ours, but we work hard to make good admin calls and are quick to fix any bad calls when they come to light. We like what we do because the community makes us feel good about it all.

So, back on topic.. we ask for a simple thing: If you're going to enter names in the system, please make them realistic and not comical. It's not asking much, in the great scheme of things, but it's important to us, and after all the effort we've gone to so far, it really would be nice to respect that one small detail. Right?
Quote from SamH :It's not asking much, in the great scheme of things, but it's important to us, and after all the effort we've gone to so far, it really would be nice to respect that one small detail. Right?

Absolutely right. I can't believe such a big fuss is being made over something so small.
Quote from AlienT. :LOL your user name is Viper ffs!

There is no need to shout either. Also please re-read your post to yourself and see if it doesn't sound like your getting slightly dictatorish like. You should also remember that the system is what it is because of LFS racer community, I'm sure many of whom have given ideas to the successful running of the system.

My LFS account name is Viper93 but if you have ever raced me in the last year the only name I go by is my real name, this includes the CTRA and STCC.

It's not a dictatorship, if it was we wouldn't have listened the first time. This has been thought of between the admins and discussed when we first brought the system online and we are not going to change it now because people want to use their online nicknames, which sometimes tend to get very rude.

Sure I shouted, but who wouldn't after their face started turning blue because people are not listening to the first couple responses saying that it's not changable. What else can we do when all other messages saying that this isn't changing are not sinking in? What else can we do when we get a small amount of people saying to change it.

besides it's not manditory, you don't have to put your name in, I don't see the big deal. Just let your online friends know your real name (if they really were your friends wouldn't you have already told them?) and then they can see where you are in the system.

I don't know why all of the sudden this came up, real names have been in use since the beginning of the X-System.
This thread is closed

Sensible first and last names ???
(91 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG