The online racing simulator
Quote from Demon68 :Why do I get this adminmessage:

sensible first and last names. Your entry (Demon Ryder) has been removed.

Change it to "Damon Ryder"?

Quote from The Moose :Everyone of the 20,000 CTRA licence holders manage to use a 'real' name, why should it be any different for you?

I very much doubt that all 20,000 people have been to the website, never mind filling in their names. I don't have a name listed there or a nationality or anything else - like many others I'm not interested in the gold coin earning "game" at all.
Question?
If we need real sounding names how come people that contribute to UKCT don't? There is a contributer on the main members page named
"DJ Feel Boobs"
If you are going for professional I think your members should be setting an example for everyone.
We just had a whole discussion about the people at Redline having one rule for themselves and another rule for players on their system.
I seem to remember this being frowned upon by most members of LFS.
I hope that after defending CTRA and UKCT to people, you will now follow your own rules that you have set in place?

Don't mean to sound bitchy but I thought it was about being fair to all?
Oh ffs, just use something that sounds realistic, no one is forcing you to use your *real* name, just use something like, I dunno, "James Taggart" "Mario Antonelli" "Tetsuya Harada" , and not "Ruff McGruff" "El Cabong" "Hans Jerkov", "Desanka Shakich" "Arnie Hasabigwood" ect, unless one of those is your real name, in that case, you have my condolences, I guess.
Quote from Toddshooter :If we need real sounding names how come people that contribute to UKCT don't? There is a contributer on the main members page named
"DJ Feel Boobs"
If you are going for professional I think your members should be setting an example for everyone.
We just had a whole discussion about the people at Redline having one rule for themselves and another rule for players on their system.
I hope that after defending CTRA and UKCT to people, you will now follow your own rules that you have set in place?

CTRA != UKCT

The reason they want real (or real looking) names in the ranking tables is so that they don't get populated with the likes of 'Teh Pwnz0r3r' etc.

All UKCT drivers have a real name entered in their CTRA profile - Clickety

Seems that noone is more equal than any other
Quote from thisnameistaken :I very much doubt that all 20,000 people have been to the website, never mind filling in their names. I don't have a name listed there or a nationality or anything else - like many others I'm not interested in the gold coin earning "game" at all.

Ok, the point I'm making is the many thousands of CTRA racer that have registered (and it is many thousands, i got fed up pressing the 'next' button at 2000) did it.

I'm not interested in a gold coin earning game either.
I'm interested in the generally top quality racing with mostly nice people.
Quote from Toddshooter :If we need real sounding names how come people that contribute to UKCT don't? There is a contributer on the main members page named
"DJ Feel Boobs"

Hit the brakes for a second.

First your referring to UKCT which in itself is not CTRA. CTRA is made up of people outside of UKCT and UKCT should not be linked to CTRA in this manner.

That would be like saying to any other team that helps with CTRA that they cannot put weird names on their website because they are part of the CTRA.

We are not requiring people to use real names if they don't want to, but if they don'tuse real assuming names they will be removed and while you will retain all points and standings you will not be recorded on the rankings until there is an acceptable name on the list.

End of story, this is not open for debate and has been like this since the beginning of the X-system.

If you don't like that you have to use a real name to show up in the rankings then find something else to do, tough =P Just to be clear that everything in the X-system will still work for these drivers but they simply and ONLY will not be shown on the rankings list.

We are trying to provide a professional appearing service for everyone and part of that appearance is to get rid of the wacky usernames like RiCeZ0Rs which reeks of childhood antics and pimply teenagers sitting in a dark room during all hours of the day which is not what we are about.

Quote from The Moose :Ok, the point I'm making is the many thousands of CTRA racer that have registered (and it is many thousands, i got fed up pressing the 'next' button at 2000) did it.

Actually there's 2483, so it isn't many thousands. Indeed, not even close to "Every one of the 20,000 CTRA license holders", it's about a tenth of them.

I think people forget that "Licensed racers" actually means "People who visited one of the servers once".
Quote from thisnameistaken :Actually there's 2483, so it isn't many thousands. Indeed, not even close to "Every one of the 20,000 CTRA license holders", it's about a tenth of them.

I think people forget that "Licensed racers" actually means "People who visited one of the servers once".

Jeez, you still got a hangover from the other night Kev?
Quote from VoiD :I prefer licence-names. Makes searching (and finding) on CTRA much easier.

and you also prefer giving yourself comical names.
I always liked the "Karl Ranseier is dead" part in the good old german saturday night live show.
Quote from The Moose :Jeez, you still got a hangover from the other night Kev?

What? Sorry if I've got a different understanding of what the number 20,000 represents (I think it's ten times larger than you do), and I think the word "many" means more than two and a half.
#36 - SamH
Over 3,000 people have entered first/last names. You don't need to visit the website to do that. 3,000 is many thousands, especially in TrollSpeak. One, two, many, many one, many two, many many.

I don't give a flying testicle if you put in your real name or a fictional name in the system, but if you put in something stupid we'll remove it. No apology for that. If you keep doing it, despite repeated requests, it's an insult as far as I'm concerned.
Quote from Viper93 :Hit the brakes for a second.

End of story, this is not open for debate and has been like this since the beginning of the X-system.

Actually, you guys only just made it a rule (on the RULES page) after harassing a fellow team member for months. Your so-called "rule" was a SINGLE POST within a 22 page thread.

Good job guys, way to be professional!

TBH, i don't understand what is the problem with names like Demon Ryder, or Even Dick Steel. If u look objectively at things, the 2nd one is closer to reality than the first one. So if anybodys real name would indeed be Dick Steel, you would then ask them to use fictional name. And i also dont get the fuzz around all of this, as the names are written on some license, that very few people go and look at them in the first place. I would understand if it would write heavy insulting stuff like ur mooma or racial stuff, but giving a hard time to somebody that has written Demon Ryder, its just too much. now im not sure about you, but i take LFS, and any online activity as a fun thing, and this is becoming imo insulting towards people who want to have some fun. At the end, it is your system, and you are pleased to do with it what ever you like.
@PwrSlave
Dick is a nickname for a person named Richard.
Just like Bob is for Robert.

Quote from SamH :TrollSpeak.

One, two, many, lots.
Quote from The Moose :
I'm interested in the generally top quality racing with mostly nice people.

I try to be nice to you but your antlers keep scraping the paint off the side of my car when I pass you!!
#41 - SamH
Quote from SamH :Over 3,000 people have entered first/last names.

Well only 2483 are showing up in the list. Fix your list.

Quote from SamH :3,000 is many thousands, especially in TrollSpeak.

I forgot that when I patronise people it's trolling, but when other people do it it's OK. I'm forever doing that.
Quote from SamH :Terry Pratchett is god

Sadly he'll probably counting like that in a few years since he's got Alzheimer's.

Quote from Person who hasn't read any Discworld novels :I forgot that when I patronise people it's trolling, but when other people do it it's OK. I'm forever doing that.

It's a Discworld reference. Trolls in the Discworld universe count like that unless you can cool their brains properly.
WHAT?!?

When did that happen?
Quote from xaotik :It's a Discworld reference. Trolls in the Discworld universe count like that unless you can cool their brains properly.

Gah... You lot and your impenetrable nerd jargon. Sorry Sam.
Quote from March Hare :WHAT?!?

When did that happen?

It was announced sometime back. Some rare form of it apparently, since he's young really.
Quote from SamH :Terry Pratchett is god

He is? That explains a lot.

I always thought the work of god was a complete fantasy
#48 - SamH
Quote from PwrSlave :TBH, i don't understand what is the problem with names like Demon Ryder, or Even Dick Steel. If u look objectively at things, the 2nd one is closer to reality than the first one. So if anybodys real name would indeed be Dick Steel, you would then ask them to use fictional name. And i also dont get the fuzz around all of this, as the names are written on some license, that very few people go and look at them in the first place. I would understand if it would write heavy insulting stuff like ur mooma or racial stuff, but giving a hard time to somebody that has written Demon Ryder, its just too much. now im not sure about you, but i take LFS, and any online activity as a fun thing, and this is becoming imo insulting towards people who want to have some fun. At the end, it is your system, and you are pleased to do with it what ever you like.

You don't have to enter a name into the system at all. However, if you want to participate in the website's country, team and driver rankings, it is our requirement that it be a realistic name.

If you wish to participate in those website rankings, then I think our rule on naming conventions should be respected. Surely that's fair, if you intend to use the thing we've built? If it doesn't suit ANYONE, they don't have to take part in that aspect of the system, and can race happily on our servers for as long as they want.

I'll clarify again that if you don't enter realistic names (or if we remove, your first and last names because they're too silly and you don't replace them) in our system, your points are not affected. They continue to accumulate within the system while ever you race on the CTRA servers. You can continue to earn new licences and gain access to higher servers etc
Quote from Viper93 :Hit the brakes for a second.

First your referring to UKCT which in itself is not CTRA. CTRA is made up of people outside of UKCT and UKCT should not be linked to CTRA in this manner.

That would be like saying to any other team that helps with CTRA that they cannot put weird names on their website because they are part of the CTRA.

We are not requiring people to use real names if they don't want to, but if they don'tuse real assuming names they will be removed and while you will retain all points and standings you will not be recorded on the rankings until there is an acceptable name on the list.

If you don't like that you have to use a real name to show up in the rankings then find something else to do, tough =P Just to be clear that everything in the X-system will still work for these drivers but they simply and ONLY will not be shown on the rankings list.

We are trying to provide a professional appearing service for everyone and part of that appearance is to get rid of the wacky usernames like RiCeZ0Rs which reeks of childhood antics and pimply teenagers sitting in a dark room during all hours of the day which is not what we are about.

Fair enough! I didn't know they were not connected. At the bottom of your CTRA page it has UKCT side by side with CTRA. So I just thought they were all linked. MY BAD SORRY!
Quote from Toddshooter :Fair enough! I didn't know they were not connected. At the bottom of your CTRA page it has UKCT side by side with CTRA. So I just thought they were all linked. MY BAD SORRY!

It's ok, I am sorry I became overexcited, again... maybe I should have Sam remove my posting privileges =)

I do see your point Todd but the CTRA has never been about fake names and userhandles, those can be left for the FPS games.

You can still race and everything on the CTRA servers but you cannot participate in the rankings, this is all.

My question to people, what is the problem with real names?
This thread is closed

Sensible first and last names ???
(91 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG