The online racing simulator
#1 - Cawwa
Race 4 Aston GP January 16 Post race discusion
Post your comments here
bah my worse race to date in the series engine died after a short time and i lost a good amount of top end speed (5-10mph) and slowly turned my car into a GT2 with Nos
last few laps was fun and i struggled past xenoa and slowly tried to catch sidi
Qualified 5th with a 2.40.xx and was satisfied about it.

Slept a little at the rolling start (expected a /RCM) but kept 5th position. After an incident lap 1 in the chikane beteewn NIKI and Di Fabio I found myself on 3th position. The two XRR´s in front of me were slowly pulling away and and Di Fabio´s FZR got closer to me on 4th position. For a long time it looked to me like in the front of the field one was fighting for 1st place and 3th place but Di Fabio, close behind me, did a minor mistake about lap 10 and once more saw myself 5 secs. in front of him. After my pitstop lap 17 I as well realized some minor engine damage on my FXR ,3-4 km/h lower top speed. I´ve checked the replay and have no idea why this had to happen.
As a result my laptimes dropped from about 2.41-2.42 mins. down to 2.42-2.43 mins. for the last 18 laps whicj IMO cost me a possible second place.
Di Fabio once more closed the gap, overtook me, but unfortunately for him he pitspeeded, got a DT and at the end I finished 3th place.
Victory to Jonesy, once more great driving. Very good pit strategy,race and second place to DeFine. Congratulations.
"grabs popcorn and awaits the new LFS lemans GT1 champion to say a few words"
Thanks for organising this, and sorry to Niki for the incident on lap 1.

Nice race Kolz, when I made that mistake I think I damaged my engine in T1 on the next lap; my first sectors were a lot slower after that. It was a shame as I wanted to see how my pace was towards the end of the stint.

My pitstop was a joke really. I forgot to engage the pit limiter and then didn't bother after I stopped the car. I haven't driven the XRR before until recently; and you can't actually see what gear you're in as the wheel blocks the dashboard. I had been trying to get away from the pits in 4th gear or something! After a few seconds I got the car moving, and forgetting that I hadn't engaged the limiter I got a stop-go penalty.

I had a nice battle with Define later in the race. Sorry for almost taking you out when I pitted, I had to change my pit settings and drifted over to the left slightly while I was doing it!

Thanks to the admins for organising it too .
#6 - Cawwa

Race 4 Aston GP January 16 Post race discusion
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG