The online racing simulator
Round 5 : Kyoto Ring National : Post-traumatic stress discussion
Discuss your tyres. Go!
R: F::thumbsdow
#3 - P1lot
I nursed mine by bathing them in warm yaks milk every second lap, while easing their tension away with a lode stone massage. All the while gentle whale music was played in the background.

Then it was back on for a thrashing trying to keep up with the leaders! They lasted
well i have a lot to say so get the popcorn : i started 2nd from last and fineshed 15th tyres all gone .
Mine went like this. Ahem...

Hey baby. Oh what's that?

You brought three of your friends? All so soft and firm. Ohh you make me wanna inflate you a bit but I keep myself under control this time.

You knew I was into rubber? Oh yeah...

Mmm... that's cool. You and... me... and her... and her... and her... We'll make our own sweet love square. With me in the middle. Driving you all hard... and soft...

And I'll caress all of you - at once.

I'll make you hot - very hot - very very very hot indeed - but I'll cool you down too on those looong sultry straights. Yeah baby, that's it.

Making love... making loooove for 21 laps.
Big load of ****
Quote from spankmeyer :Mine went like this. Ahem...

You brought three of your friends? All so soft and firm. Ohh you make me wanna inflate you a bit but I keep myself under control this time.

Mmm... that's cool. You and... me... and her... and her... and her... We'll make our own sweet love square. With me in the middle. Driving you all hard... and soft...

I'll make you hot - very hot - very very very hot indeed - but I'll cool you down too on those looong sultry straights. Yeah baby, that's it.

Lmfao :twirl:
Quote from spankmeyer :Mine went like this. Ahem...

LMAO, you are totally insane spanky
lol

I had a harder time trying to get rid of spankmeyer than with my tyres... they were ok... oh and try not to race when it's near 38°C/100°F, it's kinda hard to concentrate
Well i started 17th (last) i didn't care about my laps times at all i just wanted to finish with my tires not burned to ashes and i didn't , finishing in 12th place(thank god:schwitz with very bad times though coz i haven't practiced at all...
On a more serious note I had a good race overall. I had successfully repaired my G25 shifter and it kept gears in so i was good to go.

Qualified as expected right in the middle of the field.

For some mysterious reason my made-from-scratch-in-15-minutes set had really good brake balance and I managed to squeeze just nicely through T1 in the inside line and secure a good position. The FZ in front of me was having lot of slidey slidey and I kept pressuring him until he went wide in braking near the second split.

Quote from de Souza :lol

I had a harder time trying to get rid of spankmeyer than with my tyres... they were ok... oh and try not to race when it's near 38°C/100°F, it's kinda hard to concentrate

I tried to catch you like a loonie but you kept your cool. I got rather near during the last laps but I just couldn't find the speed to get in draft. Congratulations!

Trivia: I didn't monitor my tyre temps at all during the race. I was too afraid and thought 'what I don't know can't harm me'.
Quote from spankmeyer :The FZ in front of me was having lot of slidey slidey and I kept pressuring him until he went wide in braking near the second split.

#13 - bozo
Not such a good race for me. Wasn't doing too badly in 14th after 2 laps, then I managed to drive straight into the rear of Bean0 after he'd passed me on the banking at the start of lap 3. Said hello to the wall, and the resultant damage led me to pit at the end of the lap. After that it was a quiet drive.

I'm amazed that I'd been driving with 50g of ballast until just before qualifying. That explains why I felt I was so slow :bike: during practice. My set originated from one that I got from Hannu a little while ago, but never raced with it (I think) because I didn't find it very quick!
Bit of a let down for me from last round where i was on the lead pace. I was 2 secs down on pace this time, but fortunately so were some others.
I was worried about my tyres as were most, and i think everyone's pace in the first few laps reflected that. I managed to nurse my tyres through the whole race, keeping the rears in the low 70's, fronts never really heated up.
I was slowly picking up places due to others misfortune, i was in 9th place, being patient was paying off. But i was slowly being closed down my a guy from CeRT who made a move on me into and through T1/T2. I think he was lagging though as he just appeared to barge through which unsettled my car and i ended up in the gravel, he disco'd seconds later. I finished 11th.

I'm glad that ones out of the way really, looking forward to next round.
It was quite a fun race, although it was tough, but it was a nice challange none the less.

I went into the race with no practice again, but I wasn't that far off the pace and ended up qualifying mid field.

I was a little worried about the tyres, but they only really became a big issue towards the end of the race, the last lap was a nightmare, and I was glad no one was close enough to take advantage of my drifto last lap.

The race started quite well, and I was having some very enjoyable midfield "pack" racing, untill on lap 2 or 3 I think Nial had a bit of a moment infront of me, and I just couldn't avoid him, which caused the person behind me to hit me and knocked me back about 30 seconds, almost into last.

I had a good few laps trying to close the gap, and then had some very enjoyable racing with Bean0 .

All in all, not a top event, but it was fun, and I managed to score some points, so it's not all bad, looking forward to the enduro event at Westhill now
Yeah, hmmm, i wonder if we could squeeze 48 laps out of a single tank over there?....

Round 6 pre race discussion thread?
Poor qually for me, didn't really get a good lap in and ended up near the back of the grid.
Race went ok though, I knew my tyres would last as long as I didn't have too many sideways moments.

I thought Dan had pitted and ended up behind me, didn't realise he'd had an off, so didn't defend as hard as I could have thinking his tyres were fresh. I was hoping to close him down and maybe pick him off on the last lap, but I clipped the speedbump in the fast sweeping section which sent me off the track and lost a few seconds and never caught him after that.

Some great battles in the pack though, coming onto the straight 3 abreast at times.

Not really looking forwards to the next one, Westhill isn't exactly my favourite track.
Aye, I thought you were going to catch me up and get past me , but some good racing anyway.

I think thats one of the good things, you seem to have good racing where ever you are in the field, there is always someone or a few people to "race" against.

I like Westhill, I think it is poorly represented by the LFS populus as "boring", but I think it's anything but, I love the way it flows.
Especially in "The Whale", it is actually quite challenging to do a consistantly fast pace round there.

EDIT: I'm working on a house like 4 doors down from mine, so i nipped home for some dinner and a nose on the forums
Quote from GFresh : But i was slowly being closed down my a guy from CeRT who made a move on me into and through T1/T2. I think he was lagging though as he just appeared to barge through which unsettled my car and i ended up in the gravel...

My internet was good until race. I thought it will get better but no. That must have been at the moment when i saw nothing, just "LAG xx.xx". Sorry for that accident.

Asi i just wrote, it was terrible race. I clipped two more cars because of my lags and disco was liberation from my troubles.

I'm thinking about ending this season, because with such a connection it's nonsense to drive in serious league.
Don't worry about it fella, sh*t happens and it could have easily been the other way around as i too have a poor net connection
Teh stats are MIA.
Pretty sure I sent all the bumpf to Gfresh.............
You know, i thought i'd forgotten something this weekend....

EDIT: Hmmm, Bumpf no-where to be seen.....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG