The online racing simulator
Round 5 : Kyoto Ring National : Pre race discussion
Should be an interesting race, it's another track that "should" favour the FZ5, but it never seems to be that simple
Apologies for not turning up to the last couple of races; I've been in the middle of moving house, and not had the time.

I'm all moved now though, so should be able to make this one :-)
Done a few laps practice, it's gonna be an interesting one I think, it seems the patch Y changes have changed the way this combo feels quite a bit.
#4 - Bean0
Feels good in the FZ, probably just me going at granny pace though.
Having tyre issues though, need to try and ge them to last a little longer.
#5 - bozo
As ever I am looking for some way to make my RAC go round the track quicker. A better driver would be one solution (before anyone else suggests it). I can't even rely on other racers falling off the track this time, as there isn't much danger around here once you know where the corners are.

I guess I'll just have to practice more, and hope I bump into somebody with a half-decent setup.
Going for a spin in 15 mins.
Teh server is worng.
I'll change it now
Hot daymn, it's going to be a hard race. Got under 27 with half of race fuel but I'm pushing it already. Tyres seem ok except... The T1 sweeper will bust my nuts as there my set has a tendency to go into a horrible wide-ass oversteer causing the rear tyres to shoot up to 80+ degrees if I mess up there.
Practice tonight?
MRT league tonight.......
Skip the pussy side cart racing and get some manly action.
Some of us actually like pussy side car racing, and at the same time feel quite manly about it
Oh this is torture on the tyres, how am I going to last 21 laps?
Gentle, gentle catchy monkey

All pm's sent, please let me know if you haven't got the info.
#16 - Vain
I have to skip this round because of a meeting on thursday.

Hopefully I can attend the next round. See you then.

Vain
Looks like i will have that tyre heating problem.. again.

Can someone tell me, what do i have to do, when my tyres are getting hot after 5 laps? I have 190kPa in front, 225 at rear, but it's not helping at all.
Or if i may ask for someone's FZ5 setup... i would be grateful.
Server is on the wrong combo.

Just found an empty one elsewhere for some praccy, managed 15 laps before some asshats joined the wrong way and drifted into me head on...I can see why they drifting lot get so much stick now.

Still, tyres seem better now
lmao @ asshats
Anyone tried "Road Normals" instead of "Road Supers" on this combo?, the hard, less grippy normals may be better over the softer, stickier supers.

Just a thought, I haven't had time to practice at all, regardless of trying different setup configs..........
Things didn’t go well yesterday. My car broke down and is now left with the mechanics. And then last night a short power failure seems to have killed my computer’s PSU.
So, I will try my best to rush and get one after work, and fit it in time for tonight’s race. Apologies in advance if I don’t make it.
#22 - bozo
I take it you're talking FZ50 Dan, as I'm not having any problems with Supers on the RAC. Mind you, that could be because I'm not going very fast

I've come to the conclusion that my driving style does not suit the RAC. I'm so far off the pace. I've noticed from replays that decent drivers like Misko slide the car into a corner, but stabilise the car through the corner to get the power on early. I just don't seem to be able to carry the same speed through the corner.

I still enjoy the challenge of driving the RAC, but it would be so much better if I could at least hope to compete for those midfield positions!
Quote from P1lot :Things didn’t go well yesterday. My car broke down and is now left with the mechanics. And then last night a short power failure seems to have killed my computer’s PSU.
So, I will try my best to rush and get one after work, and fit it in time for tonight’s race. Apologies in advance if I don’t make it.

Thats some crappy luck Gav, see ya tonight if you manage it
Just wondering what times ye are all doing?

After some 9 or so laps, ive managed low 1:57s.

Also, [DR] Server 2 is set to the combo if anyone wants to practice
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Warm up n' shakedown time, guys!

Round 5 : Kyoto Ring National : Pre race discussion
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG