Celebration race

Tuesday January 8, 2008

Westhill International

RB4/FXO/XRT

2 x 12 laps

Random start

Starting time 20 UTC/GMT

Server: Unity-racing.com
Password will be sent to you by PM, if you write in this thread or if you have already participated

Ps. New people can join, because it´s not a part of the pointgiving league. It´s just celebration of the end of the league and the winners!
[TDRT]J.Rantajoki / [TDRT] R.Kolz ( 1 car )

We´ll be there. Hope some others as well...
I will be there hopefully with some other Uníty drivers too, so we can make one car with 2 or 3 drivers in. Need to talk to them.
We need people to say, what they want to this race, because it´s a 2 hours race and it´s allowed to be 2 in a car or more.

ARE YOU AWARE OF THAT?

So we want to know, who will try/know to make a car and with how many. Tell all kind of problems. They need to be solved before the race.
Also communication, when you f.ex, want to shift driver etc.

It´s a mini Endurance. will be funny if many comes!!!!..but not something you just do without preparation
#5 - Gil07
I'd love to take part, but I've got almost no time for preparation... So I'm probably out of this one I'll try though...
Note I have changed the race to 2 x 12 laps instead, because it seemed to be too much for people with 2 hours.
Count me in Kenn :P
#9 - Gil07
I won't make it on time, sorry guys
I know it's late to sign up, bot I have just found out that i could right now
Weeeel.. well well..
Thanks for the races all, had fun.. but didnt do well.

Race report:

Race1:
A bit of a nightmare.. Never really driven the car.. had about 30-40 minute practice and setup build time.. didnt test with full fuel.. didnt test anything else than clean hotlapping really.. well.. race 1 i had good chance to be the fastest on the field but unfortunately starting from back.. and climbing to second.. then battling with the leader made me lock tires few times, do couple minor mistakes.. which all went on the tires.. so after i handed the car to Kolz i was down on 4th..

Race2:

Kolz started this race, and made some changes to setup. Car felt little odd after i jumped in..
No excuses though.. just bad driving.. too inexperienced with LFS and different cars in it.. must test more in race conditions since hotlapping is never good enough practice for races..

Race3:

Since i was planning to race hard, i chose normal tyre compound, this made the car very slippery.. i was expecting that but unfortunately tried to take it very easy but still wasnt enough.. dropped down quite fast from 2nd and eventually wrecked the
car, which was a shame.

Well.. practice practice.. thats what i need.. after all ive had the game only for 3-4? weeks and havent exactly played the demo much. (Ive done other sims for many years though)
Congrats to our team for reasonable effort, and thanks for all racers.
Thx for all Guys who have participated in Unity Mini League and Unity Midi League. It has been great and exciting fun. We have now 2 winners, Speedway in the Mini league and R.Kolz in the Midi League. It will be remembered.

Unity racing series will be set on hold for a while and instead we, me an Franke, are planning to make a new series. We have some new things to implement as for example restrictions to some of the cars, but also other things. It will be much as exciting and challenging and it will start the 29th of january and will be running at tuesdays too.

Ínfo about that later. We still have some few things to fix yet.

Until we are starting the new league, we will arrange some fun races meanwhile.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG