The online racing simulator
South City Sprint 2 : Post race discussion
Not a great race, shouldn't have used a different set in race 2, that'll learn me

Dissapointed with the turn out, but there you go, sorry for any bumps, and sorry for the bad accident in lap 1 on race 2, totally my fault
2 ,5th places wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gd race guys
#3 - FL!P
My first race was not too bad, but the second was great! Until [noobs]F.Funke crashed me in lap 23 while I was in P4, forcing me to retire!
I qualified 7th. I was disappointed with my time but a pb-like time would only have put me in 6th position anyway, so the position wasn't that bad.

Race 1 was pretty boring. Stoney apparently stalled at the start so I gained a position. Some laps later, Enersen flipped so I was in 5th. About half-way through the race I made the mandatory mistake which allowed jwardy to pass me. I tried to catch him again, but without success and I finished 6th.

This put me in 5th for the start of race 2. However, in the last turn of lap 1 there was a massive pile-up and I ended up in 9th, I think. I already gave up all hope for a good finish. Makri... (sorry, can't remember the full name ) passed me in the next lap but I already knew that he would crash sooner or later because he was driving very aggressively. He did, as well as several other cars in front of me and I suddenly found myself in 4th position only 4 seconds behind Flip. I catched him and we had a very good race for 4 or 5 laps. Really hard to pass. But I finally did it some laps before the end and drove home on the podium in 3rd position which I am very happy with considering the start of the race.
Quote from danowat :Not a great race, shouldn't have used a different set in race 2, that'll learn me

Ooops!. My fault! Well i thought it was a nice setup anyways Also sorry for the little move i did on you in the second race. Recovered from a spin and went straight out to the racing line when you came in blistering speeds.

First race went pretty shite for me, got a 3rd place after qual which was very nice, but did a mitake after some laps which sent me upside down, and me out of the race. Second race went better, slowly worked myself upwards through the grid after starting last. That worked fine until the last turn on the last lap, where i lost control, and went upside down. AGAIN!! The crash was fun though. Got dizzy.

This was most probably the last mrt challenge race for me since i'm leaving for the army in 5 days. So good luck to everyone in the next races!
Quote from zeugnimod :Stoney apparently stalled at the start so I gained a position.

Sorry about that, everything about that start was going perfectly. Till I realised the car wasn't in gear!

Fairly disappointed with the actions of some on the track, particularly those overtaking. There isn't much room on this track, and when lapping, its helpful to those being lapped if the lapping driver is actually awake.

To those I took out, im very sorry. To those who took themselves out while overtaking me.. not my fault, but im sorry for those too.

The guy with the big long name with the black tag and yellow name who touched me for position in race two.. I was happy to see you finish lower down the order.
#7 - Mauni
In qualification i got 39.00 which gave me 5th place. Not bad with that amount of traffic on road.

In first race I had no problems in start and Audimasta bunnied me to new pb with constant good splits. After some laps he hugged the wall and I couldn't avoid him so he flipped as I hit his nose. Sorry for that .
Rest of the race I tried to catch Rabbit while Speedway harrashing me from behind. Nothing dramatic happened and I finished third.

Second race, 8th position. I managed to clear those few lap one incidents and ended up second pretty soon. Overtaking Fl!p gave me some headache and Rabbit was on my tail this time. I managed to pass him, but couple of laps later it was my time hug wall and lose position to Rabbit. Remaining 20 laps I just held my second position with sligthly damaged suspension as third was tennish seconds behind.

Good race chaps. I was again lucky to dodge most incidents.
#8 - bozo
Quote from mkinnov8 :To those who took themselves out while overtaking me.. not my fault, but im sorry for those too.

That's the spirit

Race 1 was interesting. Towards the end of lap 1 I was behind GFresh when he made a slight error in the final turn. I bumped him, which spun us both. Waited for him to recover, and everyone else to pass as otherwise I would have hit somebody when recovering. Then had a great race catching everybody that I could from 14th position. Thanks to a few errors by others and that unfortunate disconnect of GFresh, I ended up in 7th.

Race 2 started well. From 4th I was up to second, following Dan into the final chicane. For some reason (must have been that new setup) he turned way too early and hit the barrier. I couldn't avoid the contact, and ended up stalled in that narrow bit before the final corner. Got hit a couple of times, and when I finally got away again I was way down the field and with a wonky car. Let a few racers past quite easily in the next few laps as I couldn't really keep the car straight, but adapted my driving and got the car home. I think I finished 6th, with very tired arms from all the steering I had to do!

I thought it was a good event overall. Accidents are to be expected around here.
Quote from mkinnov8 :
The guy with the big long name with the black tag and yellow name who touched me for position in race two.. I was happy to see you finish lower down the order.

It's probobly that Greek guy, hes crazy
I'll try and get the standings, stats, replays sorted out ASAP
Quote from BlueFlame :It's probobly that Greek guy, hes crazy

lol, i am a bit while racing. Although it wasn't my fault this time... That happens to those who are consistenly try to block the way on the straight.
So what if im in the way you will just push to pass.. Cos thats how it works.

Thats fine with me, I just like to know how and to what standard others are racing, you know, so I can adapt myself and do the same back to you.

Thankfully, I didnt have to lower my racing to your level, you did that all by yourself later in the race.
Quote from mkinnov8 :So what if im in the way you will just push to pass.. Cos thats how it works.

Thats fine with me, I just like to know how and to what standard others are racing, you know, so I can adapt myself and do the same back to you.

Thankfully, I didnt have to lower my racing to your level, you did that all by yourself later in the race.

Look my friend, i didn't meant to take you out. It wasn't my intention. I was in a rash to catch up for the lost time. I tried to overtake from your left side and you went left, so i decided to overtake from the right side as you defended (I assume) your place but you changed your line as well. I was coming already with a higher speed so what i was supposed to do? Anyway, i don't want to argue with anyone here or even have a bad reputation for my name. Don't forget it's a game we play for fun. I don't want to make things worse so I apologize for spinning you off. I'm looking forward to a race without incidents next time...

Evolution
I dont mean to cause any fuss, I dont mean to give your name a bad reputation, that is not my intention. I do appreciated that your intention was not to take me out of the race. I was defending, but not blocking.

My answer to what was you suppost to do, would generally be "brake and be aware of those around you", which is what everyone else on track should be doing. But it does get awful tiring having to plan your race around the moves and reactions of others. I appreciate that too.

I know we play for fun, but where is the fun in getting taken out? Where is the fun? Is in general a question ive been asking myself a lot lately. Surely the challenge in the AR MRT Challenge is the challenge of racing.. not the challenge of getting out of the way all the time.

Anyway, none of this really matters. You and I are at oppersite sides of the championship scale, you are winning, I am not. But, and this goes for anyone, unless there is "blue flag" on my screen and I am holding others up, I shouldnt be expected to move out of the way for faster cars.

Im also not saying that you said nor implied that.
Quote from mkinnov8 :I dont mean to cause any fuss, I dont mean to give your name a bad reputation, that is not my intention. I do appreciated that your intention was not to take me out of the race. I was defending, but not blocking.

My answer to what was you suppost to do, would generally be "brake and be aware of those around you", which is what everyone else on track should be doing. But it does get awful tiring having to plan your race around the moves and reactions of others. I appreciate that too.

I know we play for fun, but where is the fun in getting taken out? Where is the fun? Is in general a question ive been asking myself a lot lately. Surely the challenge in the AR MRT Challenge is the challenge of racing.. not the challenge of getting out of the way all the time.

Anyway, none of this really matters. You and I are at oppersite sides of the championship scale, you are winning, I am not. But, and this goes for anyone, unless there is "blue flag" on my screen and I am holding others up, I shouldnt be expected to move out of the way for faster cars.

Im also not saying that you said nor implied that.

Thanks for the understanding. I know it's not fun to be taken out. I will try to be more careful next time. And you are right, you are in the same race no matter what, unless you see a blue flag . See you again in the track mate .
In response to [GR]Evolution & mkinnov8's little fracas;

The nature of the MRT5 makes everything to do with racecraft even harder than normal, you are constantly on edge whilst driving it, and thats just "how it is"
More mistakes or accidents that appear to be caused by bad judgement happen in this car because of this. Also i don't think there is one guy in this or any of our leagues that would go out on track and purposefully take out someone, everyone seems to be very genuine.
Everyone is very genuine from what I can tell. And yes the MRT is probably the "twitchiest" car we have, but its something that I enjoy personally. I mean no trouble whatsoever, thanks to [GR]Evolution for understanding
Quote from GFresh :In response to [GR]Evolution & mkinnov8's little fracas;

The nature of the MRT5 makes everything to do with racecraft even harder than normal, you are constantly on edge whilst driving it, and thats just "how it is"
More mistakes or accidents that appear to be caused by bad judgement happen in this car because of this. Also i don't think there is one guy in this or any of our leagues that would go out on track and purposefully take out someone, everyone seems to be very genuine.

Quote from mkinnov8 :Everyone is very genuine from what I can tell. And yes the MRT is probably the "twitchiest" car we have, but its something that I enjoy personally. I mean no trouble whatsoever, thanks to [GR]Evolution for understanding

Quote from GFresh :In response to [GR]Evolution & mkinnov8's little fracas;

Well said that man
Any chance of results and updated championship standings?
Yeah, I'll try and get it all sorted tomorrow.

Want to see how many positions i gained.
Website is updated with stats, but i'm missing the 3 replay files, could someone please post them up here so i can put them on the site.
Thanks.
awww me2 need replays....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG