The online racing simulator
Quote from SparkyDave :4/ Fog lights .

<much gnashing of teeth>

I'd say >50% of UK drivers don't know how or when to use fogs. There seem to be:
  • I'll put them on because they look cool, so I'll look cool! Look at me! Please!
  • I'll put them on because it's foggy (but then forget to turn them off again for three months).
  • I don't know they're on because my son put them on (see 1).
  • It's so foggy you can't see your hand, but I won't put them on.
  • It's a tiny bit misty, or my windscreen has misted up. I'll put the fog lights on in case.
  • The water spray is so bad that you can just see what looks like small, very low clouds, but I won't put them on.
  • We're sat in a traffic jam in the rain, so I'll put them on and keep my foot on the brakes. I'm sure the driver behind doesn't really need their retinas.
As I drive not an inconsiderable amount of miles myself, you do see some very, er, "creative" interpretations of the highway code.
Quote from Christofire :<much gnashing of teeth>

I'd say >50% of UK drivers don't know how or when to use fogs. There seem to be:
  • I'll put them on because they look cool, so I'll look cool! Look at me! Please!
  • I'll put them on because it's foggy (but then forget to turn them off again for three months).
  • I don't know they're on because my son put them on (see 1).
  • It's so foggy you can't see your hand, but I won't put them on.
  • It's a tiny bit misty, or my windscreen has misted up. I'll put the fog lights on in case.
  • The water spray is so bad that you can just see what looks like small, very low clouds, but I won't put them on.
  • We're sat in a traffic jam in the rain, so I'll put them on and keep my foot on the brakes. I'm sure the driver behind doesn't really need their retinas.
As I drive not an inconsiderable amount of miles myself, you do see some very, er, "creative" interpretations of the highway code.

You forgot:
  • Ooooh, I wonder what this button does?
lol the only time it is good,safe and lawful to use them other than in fog is in extremly heavy rain were visibility is similar to heavy fog, and even when i was like 8 i could spot people breaking the road laws, in the truck me and my father would look out and sopt as many different traffic offences and rule breaking we could
Back to the indicators...
Quote from zeugnimod :Also he only signals to the left once AFAIK so if the light doesn't flash a second time you know that he isn't going to turn left.

How about with the newer cars today, they tend to have the system that when you touch the indicator once it flashes three times.
I used to signal somebody if they wanted to pass, but not anymore just because of this.

Quote from Jakg :I know in Ireland using the Hazards as a way of saying "Thanks" is popular, though, but it doesn't confuse other road users.

Seen this happen here in finland also, a bit funny when first the guy ahead indicates to the right (its ok to pass), then the other car passes using indicators to switch lanes and after returning to the correct lane he indicates once to the left saing "thanks" and the other responds with the hazards "your welcome".
lol
#56 - SamH
Jouman, what's the indicator sequence for "your passenger looks hot.. wouldn't mind a piece of that!"?
even better in a truck when the certian hot passenger is a passenger in a soft top lol, lift landrovers are also a good place to be lol
Quote from SamH :Jouman, what's the indicator sequence for "your passenger looks hot.. wouldn't mind a piece of that!"?

The indicator isn't enough. You'll need couple of horns in there too.
horn - horn - right - left and hazards. I think that should do the trick
big airhorns on trucks are good for that too, they also soucnd a little bit like cooorrrrrr
as in cccoooooorrrrrrr shes hot lol
#60 - SamH
hehehe!
we have indicators in LFS? HTF did I miss that. someone please explain.
Quote from NoPistons :we have indicators in LFS? HTF did I miss that. someone please explain.

the top number keys on your KB
7= left
8= right
9= hazzards
0= off

SD.
very cool, I had no idea. no way I am gonna remember that while racing, but god to know, for when I crash, and need to limp back to the pits.

It's down there somewhere. Wouldn't mind racing one of them around BW Rallyx.

Not the best pic of the little lady. But I don't actually take pictures of my work vehicles as a matter of course.
nice little hardtop 110, is it a diesel or petrol and what year, im gonna try and guess what engine it has
I'd put my money on the TD5.
same, very popular with utility companies, i was gonna say its either the td5 or magbe 300tdi but i didnt want to look like an idiot if it was petrol,lol
Quote from SparkyDave :IIRC Scawen drives a beamer

UK Drivers worst habits, my top 6:
1/ No indications what so ever, bad lane discipline
2/ Speeding/tailgating (younger drivers)
3/ Too slow on clear roads (older drivers)
4/ Fog lights on when its just raining
5/ No lights on at all in heavy rain/snow etc
6/ Middle lane driving (mway 3 lane)

SD.

France driver does all of that (often lol)
and you could also add:

7/ Driving close (very close) to the car ahead
that is the same as tailgating, meaning sit on the tail of someones elses car (the car in front)
Oh ok thanks, that's my english lesson :-)
i can see why it confused you, with it being put with speeding
so far as i was driving through europe on some holidays i always
thought that every country i´ve "driven in" has better drivers and more secure driving in common as we have here in germany

ah maybe except italy

but i must admit that i´m more like one of the "bad guys", as i
like to drive fast and think most people should better stay at home
and watch tv instead of trying to show how slow a 200hp car can
be driven
#73 - SamH
I'm surprised the yanks haven't questioned "tailgating". To them, that's sitting in a parking lot at a football game with a grill and a few beers
Hi Ho! and all that.

What's it about when someone joins a CTRA server and is instantly kicked?
#75 - Jakg
They dont have the license to join that server.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG