The online racing simulator
Favorite Season 1 Race/Moments?
I just loved the 4 hours of Fern Bay. Our team was struggling up until the day of the race on getting our line-up. The FZR was setup beautifully from my teamates, but unfortunately no one else in the FZR squad could make the race. I struggled to keep the car on the road and stay smooth and focused for the 4 hours on my own (subsequently leading to a rulechange ). My FXR Teamates kept me company and help on Ventrillo, but the race was not without incident. The tight and unforgiving track led to an exciting and demanding race. A few safety car incidents, many DNFs, Mechanical Failures, and cars running out of gas led to a pretty decent finish for our team. It was a big team effort.

The season undoutably provided some of the best lfs racing I've ever seen. I was rarely unimpressed by some of the blazing speed of some teams. AS3, despite being a really overused combo, provided some great racing. AS_North was a sweet season closer as well.

I'd have to say the tighter, twistier tracks were my favorite. South City and Fern Bay being tops. Looking forward to the new Blackwood in Season 2.

Hope to see everyone return, and lots of new faces. Happy Holidays everyone!
If favorite moments are the ones I remember the most, then I'll mention the races at South City, Fern Bay and Aston.

There were plenty of action to be seen on South City (this was the very reason for the implementation of the safety car :P ) - and even though it was nerve wrecking at the time, looking back at it now brings back good memories - I don't want to re-live this particular memory though

Fern Bay was very tight for cP One - we took a change and went with a strategy that in perfect condition wouldn't let us complete the race, unless we made a final pit stop in the very end. But we took a chance, predicted some SC periods and did some calculations - I personally ended up driving quiet economical, but was still able to take home the win.. wee

Me and my crew didn't score well at the Aston race because of several disconnects, but it had one of those ego booster moments when I overtook car after a car and went from 4th last me thinks to last to 3rd within 2 laps - unfortunately I had a disconnect right after that.. grrrrrreat :rolleyes:
Quote from r4ptor :
Me and my crew didn't score well at the Aston race because of several disconnects, but it had one of those ego booster moments when I overtook car after a car and went from 4th last me thinks to last to 3rd within 2 laps - unfortunately I had a disconnect right after that.. grrrrrreat :rolleyes:

That was a remarkably sweet drive, only to get booted from the server after...

It was a lot of fun racing with you guys this past year, on the few occasions we could somewhat keep up...

Hope to see you again in season 2, Happy New Year!
Hmm my Favourite moment from IGTC...

As a competitor i really liked the first round on Blackwood. Even though the team i was in back then didn't finish because someone forgot to put fuel in the car. It was a real shame because i handed the car over from the first stint and i was around 4th or 5th then i got it back and was back into 8th or 9th i think. But i passed the next few cars and got into 5th place and felt some incredible pace(found out why after 30 mins :shrug but i was catching the next car at something like 1 second per lap and just as i got onto the back straight i was all out. I was disappointed for not finishing but for some reason still felt satisfied, maybe because it was my first endurance race with my team mates there and i still had the second team to cheer for .

As an organiser one of the most interesting races to watch was the Westhill round. Neither of the our cars made it to the start but there was an awesome battle on the track between LOTA Endurance (CoRe #1) and DR. They were truly in a class of their own battling for the win. They were both on a similar strategy and often found themselves pitting together. Near the end there was an SC period which meant it was all to play for. They both pitted and switched to R2's for the final 15 minutes in the Safety car period. They swapped places a few times but in the end LOTA came away with the win thanks to a pretty big couple of mistakes by DR including a crash on the final lap.
I guess my favorite moment was CoRe's 1-2 finish at Aston North, even if it eventually got nullified via penalties. Getting 1-2 in the race and finishing well enough to get 1-2 in points was a great feeling.

Aside from that, the WE1 race (CoRe's first race and first win in IGTC) was a blast, too. Putting the effort together the night before the race and pulling off the win was one of my proudest moments. Sure, we got some help from DR's problems but we definitely had the pace to be there at the end.
#6 - Gil07
I loved Aston North... Was the only "real one" I got to do, oval doesn't count Loved the fact that when I got into a rythm, the person that was driving the next stint didn't show up so I could continue driving Shame my connection dropped after that and all my progress was nullified
Aston North was my best moment as well. It was the first time in a long while that I'd competitively run the FZR, so I was a bit nervous. We got that drive through for not having a proper skin (my fault), which I completed early after starting the race. I hastily did a skin that had numbers on all four sides, but didn't get it to rcpilot in time to avoid the penalty.

On top of that, my Ventrilo outbound comms fizzed out a few minutes before the race, so I could only hear my teammates. I was yelling into the mic knowing full well they wouldn't hear me. After some help by mistakes from others and some fantastic driving by rcpilot, the FZR team was able to get back to the front and we came away with the 1-2 CoRe finish for the race and the season.

Oh, and by the way, we (I) accidentally started the race with the same skin we had on in qualifying....so technically, we should have gotten another DT, but no one caught it. muuhhahahahahaaaaa

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG