The online racing simulator
24 hr race, Febuary(ish) :: (possibly)
I cant remember who the original organisers of these 24 hour races were, Congrats to the great event they did. I would like to give it a shot.

I just want to find out initially if there will be anybody interested and if anybody has any ideas

My thoughts are:

3 different classes. (dont know which 3... thats what i want to find out )

upto 3 cars per team... Multiple servers if needed.

if multiple servers, then the possibility of different tracks. (again, this is down to popularity ect.)

I would love to make a massive event out of this, with the possibility of prizes at the end of it.

Please post your ideas and if you / your team would be interested in such an event.
I believe the organizers of those races were from ZockerTempel Racing. ORION et al.

With 3 cars per team, you would definitely need multiple servers.

As for classes, what I would go with (and the default suggestion, I think) would be GT1, GT2 (a la MoE, etc), and nGTR. To change it up and do something different, you could do XFG/XRG, TBO, and LRF.

Using multiple tracks doesn't make much sense to me, since you can have all on the same track and use the tracker system to determine position across multiple servers.

CoRe would certainly be interested.
I don't understand why people gun for multi-class races. Doesn't that just mean you'll be racing against less opponents? If you're going to fill a server, wouldn't it be better to have all the drivers capable of competing with eachother?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't understand why people gun for multi-class races. Doesn't that just mean you'll be racing against less opponents? If you're going to fill a server, wouldn't it be better to have all the drivers capable of competing with eachother?

i personally have never really gone for multiple class... But there is a good point to it..

Lets say.. your a slow driver... choose the right class and you have a chance to win something. Means that races are well mixed up. Do you know how good it feels to beat somebody who is in a better car than you?!!. it feels preety damn good.

Its still completely an idea stage. so all is welcome. I take it you wont be interested in competing anyway kev?.

@DeadWolf.

Thanks for the ideas . And i agree with the same track stuff. I feel that will be the main concencus between people. but you never know. Will leave it as an idea for now. BTW. who would i need to speak to about the tracker system.. its not something i have ever looked at using before.
I don't understand why people gun for multi-class races. Doesn't that just mean you'll be racing against less opponents? If you're going to fill a server, wouldn't it be better to have all the drivers capable of competing with eachother?

I agree and would rather see a full grid of 1 class only. But despites outcome:

We would be interested as well.
I would deventlly have intrest, I know enough people who would like to join so if its coming contact me in time
Quote from franky500 :Lets say.. your a slow driver... choose the right class and you have a chance to win something. Means that races are well mixed up. Do you know how good it feels to beat somebody who is in a better car than you?!!. it feels preety damn good.

Well if you beat someone who's driving a superior car it just means that driver is either a terrible driver or he/she got caught up in a bad accident (or a few dozen bad accidents in the case of a 24hr race!). I wouldn't take much pleasure from it either way.

Quote from franky500 :I take it you wont be interested in competing anyway kev?.

Sadly I can't find much time for racing at all, never mind 24 hours of it all in one go. And I'm not in a team so... not likely, no. I just wanted to hear about why people like having multiple classes in a race because I've never seen the attraction.
Sounds like an interesting idea. For classes I'd probably go down the road cars route myself, LRF, TBO and FR would be good. Or just the GTRs, the unadulterated ones.

Maybe FE Black? That's an overlooked track.

I'm not in a team and a rubbish driver, but if you are covering this I could commentate ... (not the graveyard shift though :P)
Id love to see this franky it would be a Realy good event

+ 1

Also if this does go ahead Count me in 100%
For me the appeal of multi-class racing is that it provides more constant action over the duration of the race. When I have the choice, I usually (as in the last 24hr race) choose the mid-level car, not because I couldn't compete in the quicker cars, but because I enjoy both passing and being passed all the time. Having cars of varying ability on the track makes for a much more interesting racing experience. And it also allows for, as franky said, varying goals to be set for each competitor.

Take for example Husky in the last 24hr race. He chose the TBO class (the slowest class on track) despite being one of the fastest guys in LFS. He did this because he wanted to run the entire 24hr solo, and because that was the car that would allow him to do it.

Point being that the beauty of multiclass enduro racing is that there are many, many races going on on-track. There's the overall race, there's the race in-class, there's the race to lap the slower classes most effectively, there's the race to be lapped while losing the least time, and there are guys out there who are racing against themselves or against the track and getting as much out of it as the guys going for the win.

In a nutshell, that's why the last 24hr race, for all its problems, remains my favorite LFS experience, and why I support multiclass in general.
#11 - Nobo
Hello Franky500!

The MoE 24h-Race is on 19th of january and its not that much time untill febuary anyway, maybe a date later in the year would be better for that, to have enough time in front to make everything clear and well organised and make this a massive event!

The last years the german community organized the community 24h races. But this time there isnt really a planning commision for the next year yet. Noone really wants to do the lead admin. So maybe there can be some cooperation and help. I will post about your thread in the german community and lets see if they some come here.
The last two 24hour races were definately by far my best experience in my lfs-time.

I would definately up to help if there is a 24hour event going to happen next year. Either as server admin, live-judge, in rules and event-planning commision or wherever you need manpower.

Personally i would go for 3 classes again and for a community race i wouldnt use a killer track like fe4, because skill in the community divers and not just the "pros" like in MoE.
I would throw in a Aston config tbh, especially in a multi-class community race. Ah yeah and stay with one track for all servers so you have 1 result.

There is already a list in the german forum what would be needed to plan such an event. Its not complete, but i'll translate and quote it.

Quote :

Main Admin

Server

Backup Server

TS-Voice Server

LFS 24h-Event Homepage

News-Writer (englisch, german, multilanguage)

Tracker (to keep the results)

Rules (Commision to find and apply the rules/race-date/qualification-date/car-classes/gridordering...)

Serveradmins (for protests and special circumstances )

Forum communication (promotion)

Processing the application + Application form (some sort of script)

High-Res Skin-Depot

Number-Plates/Windshields

Prizes

Stream

I'd be down for this. Get a few mates into it aswell
if any help is needed with the website for this event than i can do one.

same for logos or any other graphics stuff
F2F maybe intrested but only if BF1 is used, also how would you go about changing sets as if there are say 4 drivers to one car every driver has different sets so how would that work?
BF1 in a 24hr race is a silly, silly idea, IMO.
if this does go ahead.. the bf1 wont be in it. that much i do know
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :F2F maybe intrested but only if BF1 is used, also how would you go about changing sets as if there are say 4 drivers to one car every driver has different sets so how would that work?

The day we see a 24 hour Formula 1 race is the day pigs grow wings and fly.
Yes, I woukd be highly interested in participating in the next 24 hour race as well. I wish that it happens after I can sort out a new computer and find some local people for a team... which probably means about a month of practice time for them, as well as getting skins ready, plannig stints, etc. so January 19th would be a bit tough. The main thing is, I could probably get with a team and communicate through the net, but I want to have people actually there right next to you to make the experience better.. kind of like this:

http://lfs24h.blogspot.com/200 ... aus-aus-game-is-over.html

That link from last years race, as well as the Top Gear special, and feeling like I'm ready for it is pretty much my reason.

also, I will refuse to run if the race will be of a single class. That reasoning is a bit daft for a 24 hour endurance race, and also very boring...

Well, good luck guys!
No one's suggesting the 19th for this race. That's the MoE 24hr race, which is for league member teams only.
for those talking about dates already.. im going to be planning for 8 weeks after the day its announced (again, assuming that i do go ahead with it.. Which IS likely.) Dont expect anything before Febuary 25th for a race date.
I have said it in the german 24h race forum where a discussion started about a new event, that I offer my help for a 24h race event on the technical part. This means setup a central website where all the event info is hosted, and also the signup takes place. (I also own a root server where this site could be hosted)

Another part would be a live tracker for the event. I already startet to port my software to be easier extendable, and one of my next goals is to create a live tracker for a single server. Tracker for multiple servers that is needed should also be not do difficult.

A race at the end of february is a tight schedule, to get all the stuff working, because I think the tools should work perfect, and after the race the result should be known and not calculated in the next days by analyzing the lap logs.

You can have a look on liveforspeed.at to see how I do the results for our events. The F1C part of the site is also translation in english: http://liveforspeed.at/?q=en/f1challenge
I would like to participate, I hope more news.
Im in if I can find a team to compete with.
id easily wanna do it whole reason i was askin about settin up a server actually however im in the same boat as racer_hero i need to find a team/someone else to compete with if not ill just do the 24 hours myself

24 hr race, Febuary(ish) :: (possibly)
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG