The online racing simulator
Race start time possible problem
Hi,

I signed up for this league and Im looking forward to compete, but the following race is the same day as another league I am competing in.

FAQ says:

Race starting times are random, and the Pool Manager will decide those times when she makes the pools, which is either Friday or Saturday of the race week. However, the starting times will be on Sunday somewhere between 16:00 and 22:00 GMT.
So this means I will not know what my pool's start time is until the same weekend of the race. I would hate to send my hotlap and then having to send a mail to the pool manager telling her I can't race , but is there really any other way to sort this out?
#2 - bbman
If you don't send a hotlap, you're not gonna race... But then, even if it would be possible to race both, you weren't allowed to...
The other league I have on sundays is not using LFS, its something completely different and it runs from 20:00 to 21:00 CET.

Yeah, if I dont send a hotlap I wont run, the thing is that I DO want to run, if this league's race time does not conflict with the other league I'm in, but I wont be able to know what time LFS race starts until the day before
well, last time we asked the other way (making grids and putting them on site like 3-5 days earlier than now) didn't get much support.

People didn't want to close the deal almost a week before raceday, because something might come up.

And event that wouldn't really solve your problem. Question is, is it too much trouble to send our Pool Manager an e-mail ?
Of course no problem sending an e-mail, just didnt want to cause trouble if I dont race after having sent the hot lap.

But it seems its the only way to go, so...so be it
You're being mysterious about that other league, in another game, tell us!

Solar Hydro
LOL no problem in telling you.

We're using Nascar Heat, and although the sim has its years on its back, its still well driven online mostly for two reasons: the vast amount of mods available (~300 and still coming) and its awesome online code, which makes online racing a hell of fun.

The mod we're using is the Group C mod, which simulates GTP prototypes from the '85-'88 era, which are quite a challenge.

A couple of screenshots:

Silk cut jags leading the field in Le Mans:

http://www.cholerix.net/score/pics/gtp/gcsc_ss_01.jpg

Toyota 88C:

http://www.cholerix.net/score/pics/gtp/gcsc_ss_07.jpg

And a bit of history about the cars, taken from the series site:

The mod features some of the most awesome sportscars ever: GT/GroupC sportscar prototypes from the turbo era in the second half of the 80's. These cars were unbelievably fast groundeffect cars, able to go extremly high cornering speeds.

Group C/GTP cars were dominating most sportscar racing series and have been the most powerful cars apart from F1 in 1982-1990. On the climax of success, in 1987-1990, Group C and GTP races were highly competitive events, fought out by many different manufactorer's cars.

The era of these cars was ended by FIA when Group C races began to attract more manufactorers and spectators than F1. A change of rule led to development of some of the strangest alien-like racecars ever in 91/92 and to the definite end of Group C/GTP in 1992.

* The mod features 9 GTP/Group C car types that all have been run for at least 2 years in the second half on the 80's
* A total of 29 car paints from IMSA and Group C World Championship races in 1988 comes with the mod Additional 3rd party car paints are available on the download page

More info: www.cholerix.net
Good post; I was interested in motorracing back then, so I know the cars ;-)

Solar (old fart) Hydro
Quote from BurnOut69 :Of course no problem sending an e-mail, just didnt want to cause trouble if I dont race after having sent the hot lap.

But it seems its the only way to go, so...so be it

Actually there is another way..

You can send me an email during the week and tell me which time would be possible for you to race in OLFSL. I do grant these requests whenever possible, and so far it has been about 98%. This way you don't have to delete your hotlap later.

So if you know when the other thing is, you can ask me to schedule your pool so that you can participate in both leagues.

And if it was an LFS league, I certainly would not have a problem with it. OLFSL is open for all who want to race with us, even if they race in another league. We don't have a problem with that.
Just so this thing is clear..

--
Mrs FienDi
Pool Manager/PR Manager
The Original LFS League

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG