The online racing simulator
Quote from smidge :Makes it very hard to drive.

Sure it does. I don't see your equipment too slow to run it.. though I can't tell you how to get higher framerate. Have you tried to reduce user, dust and mirror LOD and removed shadows and so on ?

Also, don't keep OLFSL site open in background.
Yes, I tried reducing everything I found in a menu, but it doesnt help, since the problem seems to be in too many objects showing at one time Because when i turn my car to face away from the cones, the frm rate rises instantly.

I cant believe that everyone finds it normal to drive, since i had such problems where there were too much cones since i can remember, I thought it is a common LFS problem.
Quote from smidge :Yes, I tried reducing everything I found in a menu, but it doesnt help, since the problem seems to be in too many objects showing at one time Because when i turn my car to face away from the cones, the frm rate rises instantly.

I cant believe that everyone finds it normal to drive, since i had such problems where there were too much cones since i can remember, I thought it is a common LFS problem.

Does your gfx card support hardware vertex shading? I had problems with my GF2 .. though I've always thought that LFS likes more of CPU power.

Could you perhaps attach an screenshot of your settings, maybe I could help - you know I'm used to reduce it all to minimum when I had my 1.2Ghz Duron
yes i think it does... not sure tho, but i've had it always on

Im starting to think something bad has happened to my system, today i noticed that even on racing tracks i get only 30-40 fps, which is like 10 less than usually, but i was never paying attention.

Anyway here's the pic.. i doubt anything can be reduced more
Attached images
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
I get about a 10 FPS drop if I use 24-bit Z-buffer depth instead of 16-bit (so naturally I stick to the latter). Maybe it'll have the same effect on your system.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I get about a 10 FPS drop if I use 24-bit Z-buffer depth instead of 16-bit (so naturally I stick to the latter). Maybe it'll have the same effect on your system.

Yeah.. go to 16-bit absolutely
Sorry guys I took long to reply

Yeah the Z-buffer was the solution. Now I am getting 50+ fps on the track and 30+ on the skillc. layout.

Its so stupid that I tried reducing everything but didnt bother to try the 16bit Z-buffer :banghead:

Thanx for your help
Did not submit a hotlap for the event cause I cannot compete at raceday. The wife insists on holidays and forbids me to take even a laptop with me . It's for my psychic health she says illepall .
Quote from HeerBommel :It's for my psychic health she says illepall .

What's that.. something edible?
Quote from Mrs FienDi :What's that.. something edible?

Could be! We plan to visit a few interesting restaurants .

It seems that walking in the cold between leafless trees prevents 'CRD' (computer related dementia). I hope it is not too late for me :yikes:.
Guys, does the event gonna happen?

No info on the site of the league, do u know any certain information? i dont eve know what server, time, etc.

Or i`ve just missed something?
No no, you haven't missed anything. The event is on - will be arranged on Sunday as planned. The timeframe is the regular 16-22 GMT and grids will be out tomorrow evening at latest - that's the normal OLFSL system.

---edit--
P.s. I was planning to put something in the site about this, should have done so I see

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG