The online racing simulator
Round 2 : South City Long Rev :Post-Race discussion
This was my worst race ever my fps dropped to 15 and i could not drive at all this was totally not may day
i started at the back (suprise , suprise ) and got up to 17th at 1 point due to retiements , then on the last lap broke the entire left suspension and i fineshed 19th
oh bad race for me, sorry for all bumps
Average race for me. I qualified on the 4th place, so I started from 4th place. First three racers dissapeared after few laps and I was followed by P1LOT. Really nice laps there, but fell behind and next 14-15 laps were just hotlapping to finish and fighting with flatspot on front right tyre.
I took too much damage, and, well when you are last with no motive to continue, you ain't gonna trundle around with 3 wheels, pit and then crash again. So I just called it a day, pissed me off, that pretty much everyone in my family, came into my room, asking me questions, so i didn't want to lose concentration and take anyone out either.

Driving Standards from a few drivers is ok, but maybe it is just SO, but alot of bumping going on. Niki, i have to say it, but you rammed me and Bozo out of the way in Qualifying, was there any need for this?
Was really enjoying the race with Bean0 and Tobsen, but caught Dan having a bit of a spin around turn 2 and went into the wall trying to avoid him. Dropped to the very back from then on whilst I stopped for repairs.

Good race though. Lap one was pretty hairy
#7 - Veiti
...what a shame. I made a lot of mistakes but could keep 9th position with a lot of room infront and behind me. Unfortunately my front right tyre went flat in 21st lap, so I ended on 16th place. I am really disappointed.
Qualified 9th, but someone must left before race, because i was 8th on start. After T1 two guys collided and i moved to 6th, then after few laps P1lot spun and i was 5th until 5 or 6 laps before finish. Then Evolution passed me while my connection was playing with my nerves. So i finished 6th.
Very good race, didn't expect so good result, so i'm very sattisfied.
#9 - Bean0
Really enjoyed tonights race.

Took it pretty cautiously on the first lap and dodged around a couple of accidents, then had a few laps nose to tail with Elk and Tobsen. Managed to pass both including swapping positions with Elkdanger a couple of times, and then had a couple of laps to calm down.

Patrick had made his way up through the field and was now right on my bumper, but although he was obviously faster I held him behind for maybe 2 or 3 laps before he got the jump coming onto the 2nd straight and passed me.

I then got an excellent view of the battle ahead between him and Wimpie. On the penultimate lap we were 3 wide on the start-finish straight and both myself and Patrick passed Wimpie at the first slow right hander.

Definitely my best race so far in the series, can't wait for the next one.

I did the stats again ...
Attached files
RSWC2_Stats.rar - 863.5 KB - 124 views
#10 - Vain
First of all, sorry to Dave and BlackEye. Dave ended up sideways at the hairpin and I couldn't avoid tapping his rear. BlackEye was pushed wide into the hairpin because of a passing maneuver and came back to the ideal line almost perpendicular to my line. I didn't expect any collision until it was way too late to react on both incidents, sorry.

About my race:
My practice for this round was 10 laps last week. Despite that I managed to qualify quite well, but that was because I forgot to use ballast. Thus I started from the back of the grid.
The battles were very nice and the track made it extremely difficult to pass. All the drivers I encountered did a superb job defending. Great credits for that.
Wimpie seemed a little bit angered about having me in his rear view mirrors for half the race, or rather most of my front bumper's paint on his rear bumper, but I enjoyed the battle. I'd like to say sorry for all the major contact in that fight, that wasn't my intention and was on at least two occasions caused by lag. I'm rather confident I always backed off appropriately when I hit you accidentally. I think it was a nice fight and I hope you can look back at the race as positively as I do.

Nice race.

Vain
Had a good race with plenty of nice fights until I got fked in the ass by collision detection bug flipping my car over. Suspension completely messed up for good, I decided to disconnect to save time. What a great mood for the rest of the evening.
Quote from Vain :First of all, sorry to Dave and BlackEye. Dave ended up sideways at the hairpin and I couldn't avoid tapping his rear. BlackEye was pushed wide into the hairpin because of a passing maneuver and came back to the ideal line almost perpendicular to my line. I didn't expect any collision until it was way too late to react on both incidents, sorry.
Vain

It wasn't entierly your foult. I was praying there not to scrub against the barrier and didn't really realize you were so close.
Once I saw you it was too late.
Then I stoped but I didn't know whom I've hit, ended up on 21st-22nd place, can't remember thh.

Quote from Tobsen00 :
Last but not least i have to thank the croat (i think it was) who followed me like a shadow during half of the race. Hard and fair, like it should be.

Was great fun racing there all the way, thnx . I've had good practice with bozo and lococost, but lococost got pretty fast soon .

I've also bumped a little few guys , but luckily there was no big flying coused by lag

Great race overall for me, but I feel sorry for those bumps. And I need to find a way to calm myself in larger grids.
I started qually, had FPS Issues straight away, crashed and broke my suspension on my front left and didn't bother to start the race because i knew it would just be worse and i'd end up ruining other peoples races.
I initially forgot about the ballast, then remembered luckily before I had done a lap. Shortly afterwards I forgot I was in a boat and wrecked the suspension.

At the race start, there was a collision just after T1 which gave me some damage, and after that it was a downward spiral.

Anyway, congrats to Hannu.
I had a decent enough race actually. I started 9th i think after a fairly decent qually, and managed to jump up to 6th after a post T1 incident on the first lap. I was lapping at a decent pace but not as fast as i knew i could, and i was starting to come under some pressure by one of the SNRT guys (I think). After a nice battle for a couple of laps he got the better of me though and got past.
I was holding 7th place but i had a little incident with Mr Funke a couple of laps from the end and finished in 8th place.

Overall though, it was a fun race, but i'm glad that one is out of the way

Cheers for the stats Bean0. Stats and replays are up on the site, just waiting on Dan doing the results.
From an organisational point of view, it was a shambles, TBH, I am a little dissapointed.

The pitting rule has been inplace since the beginning of RSSC2, and has been clarified numerous times, but still it is being ignored, anyone found doing it from now on will be placed at the back of the grid.

Obviously the ballast thing is new, so people are going to forget, however, anyone that does forget will be placed at the rear of the grid.

As for the race, I had to cut my qualification period short because I was clarifying rules, as for the race, went ok, fairly uneventfull, but for some reason my sodding computer drops FPS, when it never used to, which results in my G25 going funny, I think it's related to the G25, because it never happened with my DFP.

As for results and standings, I am hanging fire till I have time to rake over the replays, please bear with me.

Thanks to Bean0 for the extended stats, I appreciate it, saves me a job

Roll on round 3, lets hope it runs a little better......
Copy of my report from team forum
Quote :...South City Long Reversed which should have been an advantage for my RAC. I didn't finish!
I qualified 5th in some tight times. From the start the first 3 were pulling away and I was all over the back of eraser_svk for the next 8 laps. I would apply occasional pressure but it's hard to pass.
Unfortunately I clipped a barrier which made me hit the opposite one harder then spin 3 times. I was lucky not to receive any damage but had lost quite a few places.

I resumed to follow a gaggle of FZ50s for a lap or 2. I slid a little bit and nudged a barrier, but the over zelous impact detection decided to launch me into orbit. I landed on my wheels but with practically a dead car. Race over

I crawled round to the pits and started from last. With renewed purpose from my anger I posted pb after pb, including the fastest lap of the race at that time (later pipped by the winner). I threw caution to wind since I had nothing to lose - hit a barrier, landed on my roof and died.

More concentration needed next time.

http://www.triple7racing.net/c ... 9/boardseen,boardseen#new
No worries about the stats guys, it's easy enough to fire up the app and set the replay going just before I pop out for my traditional post-race cigar.

Quote from GFresh :i was starting to come under some pressure by one of the SNRT guys (I think). After a nice battle for a couple of laps he got the better of me though and got past.

Yes you are right, it was me. I had a great fight, no bad luck and mistakes this time, just a fair and close race. Finishing 5th overall is a great result for me and I'm really happy. Can't wait till Round 3!
It's not easy driving 22 laps on SO with a RAC up your behind
In the first few laps I managed to pull a small gap between ghost and Hannu who were battling it our for themselfs. Hannu won and soon closed the gap on me. After that it was just holding on, hoping to not make any mistake and waiting for Hannu to make one, it didnt happen, we were side by side a couple of times, but using the FZ's advantages I managed to regain a couple of times. I managed to keep Hannu behind me for 13 laps, but then before the slowest 1st gear corner he suddenly was beside me on the inside, don't know how he did that as I didnt make a mistake or anything, but there he was, very nice move and once he got passed me I wasn't able to hold on. Worse yet, Ghost seemed to have picked up the pace and was eager to make a move too. In lap 18 I clipped the outside just before the 'jump' and slided outside along the railing. Ghost couldn't avoid me and we crashed, Ghost passed me, but waited for me to repass, what a sport , I passed him, but he seemed not to catch up so I decided to slow down and at least let him get right up behind me before we continued fighting. Unfortunately I slowed down a bit too much, Ghost got beside me and we touched again, I regained my position right infront of him, I hope Ghost thinks this was fair, had mixed feeling about it myself... The fight continued and we finished within a sec of each other. In all had a great race, All the time I was thinking the RAC was going to hit me because my lines just aren't the same as the RACs, but Hannu and Ghost just didn't, great job guys! good race!
Very hard race for me. Almost without training, I did only a few laps hour before the race. Another thing was +18kg for my RAC (mainly acceleration was reduced). Apologies to Lococost for several hits, I really wasn't in good condition. But I'm satisfied, 3rd place is good. Congrats to Hannu and Lococost (and enjoy your ballast next round) .

Round 2 : South City Long Rev :Post Race discussion
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG