The online racing simulator
is EDT EST? if so then it's UTC/GMT -5 making that 14:30 2:30 PM
O.o what about daylight savings? i think i said it was 2:30 in a different post before it changed, now its an hour back... ouch im actually confused whether it stays the same, goes back, or forward
It stays the same. with DST it would be 3:30 but UTC would still be 19:30 because it's not affected by DST
EDT is GMT -4, EST is GMT -5.

Therefore, while you are on daylight savings you will RACE at 1530, when you go back to EST, you will race at 1430.

Pretty sure thats right.
#55 - bozo
To be sure, go to http://www.lfs-league.com/ and select the 'Time zone help' option in the right hand menu, it'll give you the offset for your local time to GMT.
Yes, you are not supposed to drive over the yellow line, it's a "soft" rule.
Well, it's pretty tough to follow the yellow line on this track as it's pretty hard to spot and a bit close to the wall imo. maybe some leeway/guidelines?
Leeway is given, which is why I said it's a "soft" rule
#59 - bozo
Presumably the leeway will be greater on exit of the pits for the start of qualifying, but less so if anybody pits during the race - with the returning driver expected to keep as far the to right as possible, albeit allowing for some crossing of the yellow line due to the aforementioned issues.
Yes, collisions with drivers exiting the pits may cause a problem at some point. I was practicing online earlier, i was just starting a hotlap, when someone exited the pits, he stayed right, but we collided. It was no-ones fault, you see them late because of the wall, and once you have committed to that first left hand curve (at least in the FZ50) there's no going back. Any corrections usually result in a slam into the right side barrier, or the guy coming out of the pits.
Just remember that the driver on the track has right of way over the driver coming out of the pits.
I think this particular pit exit, should be carried on futher down the road, if you follow the pit exit EXACTLY, you have to turn left at the mouth of the pits, then eventually you go right- right up against the wall and then turn left, where the yellow lines disappear, but even then, this can only force you to turn left, as the fast oncoming cars will be on the left hand side of the track for the long right hander before the Sliproad. Just to warn anyone who may not be totally aware,

but the pit lane ENTRANCE is a RIGHT bastard too. You have to really get the car in tight on the final corner (hairpin) and even then, you have a fairly difficult corner to navigate, in the un-restricted part of the pit lane.
It's a reveresed track config, which is why the pit exit doesn't really work that well.
The way I understand it; as long as the track is clear then you can cross the yellow line with caution.
If an incident occurs from crossing the line, then it is soley the fault of the driver leaving the pits.
Quote from P1lot :The way I understand it; as long as the track is clear then you can cross the yellow line with caution.
If an incident occurs from crossing the line, then it is soley the fault of the driver leaving the pits.

In a nutshell Gav, yeah.

Lets be sensible, if someone crosses the line when no one is around, doesn't get an advantage by doing so, and doesn't infringe on anyone else, then nothing is going to happen.

However, if someone were to cross the line, and / or not give way to a "racing" driver on the track, then something will be done.

IMO, it's just common sense......
If someone exiting the pits sees the track isn't clear and sticks inside the yellow pit exit lines, and there is still a collision, who's fault is it? I always get kinda jumpy when guys just finnished a pitstop, and i think i am gonna meet them at the end of the pit straight because lately, i have had bad experiences with the pitlane and other drivers.
Drivers on the track have right of way, it's up to the driver in the pits to avoid the driver on the track, not the other way round IMO.
But with THIS track, the only way to avoid a collision on THIS pit exit (if you are the pitee) is to either speed up very fast and turn right as soon as possible, or slow down to a stop almost, and possibly to 0kph in some cases.
If you need to stop, then you need to stop.

TBH, I think you are worrying about it too much.
I'm not worrying as such, but I am just giving clarity, that is all. If you are coming out of the pits, and the guy on the racetrack behind you is on the same lap, why not does HE still get the right of way? You have to stay to the pit lines, what more can you do?
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm not worrying as such, but I am just giving clarity, that is all. If you are coming out of the pits, and the guy on the racetrack behind you is on the same lap, why not does HE still get the right of way? You have to stay to the pit lines, what more can you do?

That's just the way it is, I'm pretty sure that normally at the end of the pitlane there is a blue light which means the same as the blue flag - Give Way To Approaching Faster traffic.
#72 - bozo
Chances are nobody will pit during the race. If they do, they'll probably come out onto a clear track as they'll lose a lot of time in the pitlane anyway. If there is a car approaching at the end of the straight, just let them past before committing yourself onto the track.

No pitting allowed in qualifying, so that'll be ok.
put some cones there or somin
Quote from Bean0 :That's just the way it is, I'm pretty sure that normally at the end of the pitlane there is a blue light which means the same as the blue flag - Give Way To Approaching Faster traffic.

Yea that is a good point

Quote from bozo :Chances are nobody will pit during the race. If they do, they'll probably come out onto a clear track as they'll lose a lot of time in the pitlane anyway. If there is a car approaching at the end of the straight, just let them past before committing yourself onto the track.

No pitting allowed in qualifying, so that'll be ok.

This is a very good point, but you can't always be sure you gonna be in clear air once you pit, as you probobly quite far behind due to damage.
#75 - bozo
I have a question concerning when qualification actually starts.

When your car first appears in the pit, there is a countdown until the qualification starts. What is the significance of that countdown?

I have always assumed that is the countdown after which the qualifying period starts, and as long as you are still within the pitlane until the countdown completes, then there is no harm in exiting the pit immediately.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG