The online racing simulator
#1 - bozo
Round 2 : South City Long Rev : Pre-race discussion
I've done a few laps off-line, and this circuit is rather more challenging than I was expecting in the RAC. The first corner will take some practicing to learn a safe speed and line. Likewise the run down towards turn 3, with that nasty bump in the road just before the braking zone. I'm still hoping the nimble RAC will outperform the FZ5 here though.

I see the server has been changed for this circuit, but is password protected. Any reason?
i thought that on this track rac would be faster but i was wrong it is slower that the huge boat called fz5.I done some laps too and this track looks easier that i thought.But it is sure that the race will be tough
This is my favourite track, but not in the FZ50, i gotta learn how to get round in something other than the LX's.
Anyone know of any good Boating for Beginners books?
Ok, pass removed .

As for the combo, it's bloody awesome IMO, really tough in the big floaty wardrobe, I remember racing the FXO here in the ESL UK, and that was a hell of a race!!.

I reckon the RAC should be better here, I am looking forward to seeing how the ballast mixes things up.

Should be a good race IMO.
Quote from danowat : .

I reckon the RAC should be better

yes but fz5 has better time 1:48:00 and rac 1:48:24
but who nows some one might beat it
oh
ive gotten a set 2 weeks prior to race time. no changing 4 minutes before start

turn 2 is amazingly fun in fz5. cant wait to see how racing is going to be. /me plans on not coming last or "dnf" in the case of last races standings
Very interresting track, T1 carnage possibility is very high here.

Done few laps offline today with PB 1:51,33, so i'll be aiming for higher mid-field.
#9 - bozo
I'm sure there will be some DNF, but there needn't be. I've had a great session this evening with some very fair drivers. If you respect the other drivers, and don't try aggressive manoeuvres up the inside, the racing can be close and very intense.

I would strongly recommend joining quite a few practice races though, so that you know where the sensible overtaking places are.
i think quallify last and make my way up after t1 cos i do not want to be caught up in that

is it possible to start with your qually tires on cos that would make things very interesting
Interesting combo, I am lapping 1:52:00, 1:51 will be easy, however, I reckon raw speed will only figure in qualifying, and this is where the race will be won and lost.

It is going to be VERY difficult to pass, and I reckon we'll see a fair few retirements through barrier-car interfaces
i agree, Reversed tracks aren't usually overtaking friendly, a reverse street circuit is like fitting 2 elephants into a mini. I have done about 5 laps on the combo. My old SO set for RSSC2 is pretty agile so i'm feeling quite good. No idea on braking zones or anything here since it's my first time on the track apart from the AR event in the LX which i crashed out in . i think i'll like this track though.
T1 is VERY tough in the FZ, you are normally carring a lot of speed into here, and the line is very unforgiving, I think its one of those corners that if you hit it right everytime, you will be fine, one lapse of concentration, and you've had it, big time.

Also, T3/4/5 section is trickey, the first downhill bit after the little straight is nasty as the car actually lifts off the ground here, and you can get very sideways if you aren't carefull.

Finally, the bit after/on the train lines is nasty, again, like T1, if you hit the line right everytime, you are fine, one lapse and you've had it.

I think it's gonna be interesting.
I absolutely LOVE that T3/4/5 section

EDIT: oh yeah, lap times. Did a few laps earlier and popped in a 51.60 on my 2nd lap, so it's going ok at the moment.
I maybe up for some practice tonight, probably around 6-7pm UK time
I could probably manage some practice tonight.
I am not going to participate in this next race, and maybe even the next one; my g25 broke and im not comfortable with the mouse enough to race. I said i might not be in next one because its been 5 days since logitech has even EMAILED me about it. still no response. im worried

Good luck to everyone with this race, i was looking forward to racing on south city. I might be there and spectate though.
Shame that mate
Quote from MijnWraak :I am not going to participate in this next race, and maybe even the next one; my g25 broke and im not comfortable with the mouse enough to race. I said i might not be in next one because its been 5 days since logitech has even EMAILED me about it. still no response. im worried

Good luck to everyone with this race, i was looking forward to racing on south city. I might be there and spectate though.

my g25 is broken
too mate
ive had nooooo practise ,so im here to enjoy my self ,but guna try as hard as i can
Slow in / Fast out, and, no sliding.

the FZ is one of those cars that atcually goes faster, the slower you drive it, if that makes any sense, it's easy to over-drive it, and make it slower
All info sent out, Ant, clear ya bloody pm box........again........
I am in the 1.51's. Still don't have a good periferale brake marker for the first corner though.
There doesn't seem to be one, not sure braking is a good idea there, seems to be better to just lift.
After getting some laps in last night, I've improved from doing 52/3s to 51/2s with the odd 50.x thrown in with race fuel load...I'm pretty happy with that, should hopefully be competetive with the midfielders.

I'm getting all 4 tyres off the ground where the straight starts to turn right and go downhill, is this normal for other people, or does my setup need fiddling with to keep the tyres on the road ?

Round 2 : South City Long Rev : Pre-race discussion
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG