The online racing simulator
Round 2 aftermath
alright,

First of all Thank you guys for coming and racing round 2, it has been big fun again! Both qualifications and both races were quite nice to watch, no cutters or very big accidents luckily.

We apollogize for the series of restarts in race 2, there has been some weird kind of server lag leading to several disconnects.
The rules state that there will be no restart but since both admins have been kicked, we've both lost connection to the grid ordering tool and none of us was able to take a complete replay nor keep track of drivers leaving the track, we were forced to do a restart.

If one admin had remained, the race would have carried on no matter how many racers would have lagged out.

We hope this doesn't happen anymore, it's always sad to see people lag out!
Hope to see you all next week!!!

greetz

der butz
#2 - mr_x
Quote from mr_x :I'd hope not on SO Classic.

You know, cutters you cut metal with.

Anyway, the second race was rubbish. Rubbish, no more comments.
well...i had few grat starts at first race...but when we had real start , well that kinda sucked...i lost many places (otherwise to previous starts where i gained them) and was in 12th place on 20th lap when my mouse decided to turn right on straight(somekind of optical mouse bug i think) and i visited wall with full speed and made few rolls wich ended with DNF.
Second race was better I was in 9th or 10th when i started to battle with niels...we swapped places every second and that slowed us down, so guy behind me catched us up then i got panic to lose another spot and made a mistake so niels got away and guy behind me got passed....so i finished 12th. Good race though
Quote from Blackout :You know, cutters you cut metal with.

Anyway, the second race was rubbish. Rubbish, no more comments.

Yeah, was a shame it was spoiled for a lot of people because of the accident, i wanted another good scrap with you. I watched the replay a couple of times, and it seems it all comes down to 1 person not being given the room to come back onto the racing line having been slow out of T1 and people passing him, and before he can get back on the racing line the corners come and its too late for him to make the corner, he clips the wall and it pushed him into someone else, then the pileup behind makes things real messy.

To be fair he was making the right move, but the onflow of traffic into a bottleneck corner just turned a polite bit of driving all messy.

Much nicer track to drive, as much as i liked FE2R, but then the chicane didnt really cause me any problems as it probably did for a few.
Also nice to have the grid sorter working as it should, made things much quicker for race 2, should speed things up for everyone, keep the racing more frequent especially on the upcoming 3 race rounds so theres less messing and waiting for things to be done manually by each driver
I like the rest between races. Gives me time to have a pee, have a smoke, get a drink and generally wind down after the first race so I'm in no mad rush to re-start the second race

Why don't some of you lot relax a bit after the first race, Got a plane to catch or something ?
Quote from Swiss_Tony :
Why don't some of you lot relax a bit after the first race, Got a plane to catch or something ?

ppl live in different timezones thatswhy i think....for me races ended around midnight and many of us have to go to work early (I had free day from work so i made it to bed 4 am)
Quote from Swiss_Tony :I like the rest between races. Gives me time to have a pee, have a smoke, get a drink and generally wind down after the first race so I'm in no mad rush to re-start the second race

Aye I like the rest aswell. But I think it should be told how long the rest will be between the 2 races. I dont leave my wheel bcus I dont wanna miss the start. But like last night doing 2x28 laps on SO was intensive. Was fun but the little rest between races will be good. Well rest is there but nobody seems to know how long
what can I say,
thx for crashing me 3 times

Hope that we are driving more fair next time

(Reint Jan
#10 - Dru
Racing in the streets of SO can be hectic.

For all tohse people who did not finish or collect points, pick yourselves back up, dust yourselves off and get back in your car and get ready for Round 3 at Aston Cadet Reverse

BTW,

Thanks to all those who made it such a great race.

From my point of view, i thank the admins, they had a difficult decision to deal with but ultimately they made the right decision and they have my full backing.

To the drivers of race 2.

Franke,Chapman,Celtic and Richy - thanks for the great clean racing, loved every lap of the second race, particulalry the 3/4 lap batttles with the 2 HR guys - clean racing and racing at it's best - it's amazing how good the racing can be when you can race and trust the drivers.

I would have had great battles with the mercury boys... they just did not stay close enuff to me to allow me to race with them

to JakG - stop scoring so many points - your meant to be the rollmeister and your the only driver in the top 7 places would ain't had a DNF yet

And oh yes,

I would like to thank PAul for his actions in race 1.

He had been in a 7 lap battle with Blackout for 3rd place and had been catching him very slowly.

A back marker interfered with Blackout (recovering from a crash the backmarker) and paul shot past. The following straight Paul slowed down to allow Blackout to regain his correct place and then they raced to the finish - nice work boys
#11 - Jakg
Ironically i've yet to roll, i was a little distracted in race 2 (i was on the phone :X) and somehow it helped. Couldn't keep Rooble from scratching my doors, though...

EDIT - Any word on when the results are published for the championship?
28 laps and it was like the end of world...1st lap, 4,5 cars side by side trying to get the corner first , what is wrong with you people wanting to climb 10 places after T1, and then comes the chicane were i was out in both races, there's no room for 2 at the chicane and yet there was people trying to force the inside, outside...no respect at all.
well i held myself back at t1 when it got a bit tight I pulled back so they can go ahead and crash... Just for that i can come from back and manouver(dunno how to spell it lol) trough...it worked for me that night so i hadn't crashed at T1 not once (perhaps didn't got even a scratch)
good race for me! i had a hunch i was maybe going to do ok, I put in a lot of practice laps as did some of the other HR guys, and got in a lot of practice races, so had a little knowledge of the multiple lines and battling round some of the corners. Every warm up I had did I was getting reasonable qualifying times in. I practiced in my qually set until I could do a reasonable mid 53 lap consistently, and was racing at the same pace in the race, as I was in qualifying. I found my line early, got into a rhythm and nothing seemed to stand in my way. apart from the fuel tank great racing by all involved. a couple of times I had to defend or commit to a pass I really wasnt sure I could make. tried to squeeze for every inch of road I could get but leaving room at the same time. A few double ups in the chicane scared me and the crash in the second race was just as scarey but someone nudged me from behind that sent me through a gap and up the hill leaving the carnage behind me! Nice.

i could of had better results if I didnt run out of fuel before the final corner but I dont mind I still coasted across the finish line, my own fault, should of had 14 in there, thought I had 14 in there but turns out I only had 12.
Removed by Dru.

Thanks for all the suggestions but we are happy with the schedule and will not be changing it for reasons already spoken about.
#16 - BURN
Quote from PaulC2K :Yeah, was a shame it was spoiled for a lot of people because of the accident, i wanted another good scrap with you. I watched the replay a couple of times, and it seems it all comes down to 1 person...

that would be me... i usually dont have much trouble in the chicane, but this time i felt a bit under pressure and sadly touched the wall and...
I just tryed to give enough room...

I`m really sorry for the drivers who`s race was ruined with that accident!
#17 - Dru
Quote from BURN :that would be me... i usually dont have much trouble in the chicane, but this time i felt a bit under pressure and sadly touched the wall and...

You don't have to apologise mate - as you said it was a racing accident. I think sometimes people are too quick to judge and point blame here or there...

Quote from BURN :that would be me... i usually dont have much trouble in the chicane, but this time i felt a bit under pressure and sadly touched the wall and...

dude dont worry the other racing we had was class, clearly a racing incident, possibly the cause of the mess but not really to blame, it could happen to anyone really, thanking my lucky stars it wasnt me this time!

this is a bad case of murphy's law. the beauty of south city's chicane is this tension, this whole "if i get it wrong now, the **** will really hit the fan" factor is part of the rush! without it, it wouldnt be the same feeling when bombing into it. at times i was 2 up through there, so it is possible with careful steering, allowing room for the other AND adjusting your speed to cope with the 2 up situation thru the chicane. its a slow lap if it happens, you need to back off, you cant stick to your usual line you HAVE to both take a totally new line and speed through there. if there is a days of thunder moment in the chicane, your race is in the hands of the gods, aim for the spinning car and youll miss it. welcome to south city (i lub it)

about the 4 up in T1, it works out well because of the general rules of racing that everyone follows, if someone on the inside has overlap they have right of way. dont let yourself be stuck on the outside. racing tactics come into play here. we had fun in practice doing some dives up the insides and defensive moves because the track is like that, you need to think some strategy too. its a street circuit, your car being a moving block is your #1 tool. but always do it in a way that is safe for both drivers to race without incident, defend, but dont defend over the top (easier said than done!) which puts you both at risk, just do small amounts to help you, if someone is clearly going to pass you it aint worth it sometimes.

practice time and results seem very similar, peeps should try to get on the ZWR server during the week, or anywhere running baby-r's at that combo, should you be lucky enough to have the spare time. practice qualifying and racing and you will be well prepared for lots of situations that may arise. i put in a tonne of hours and still wish i had more time to practice racing there, its really important if you ask me.

bring on round 3, will be some interesting chicane moments here too!
Bah I thought race will be on next week..
Richy is absolutely right concerning practice and other things :-)

Seen from the cameraman's view round 2 was very scary to watch. ukct.John and me peed our pants when we saw 30 people approaching T1 the first time!
On the other hand especially the first laps have been a pleasure to watch, everyone of you tried to avoid contact, most of the time it was a very fair race.

Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys race again!

greetz

der butz
Quote from RevengeR :Bah I thought race will be on next week..

Jeez Rev I was wondering where you was

Ahh well at least you've made it interesting
Just a reminder for Rev: Next week there is another race, its weekly
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Just a reminder for Rev: Next week there is another race, its weekly

Thanks dude. I think I'll remember it now
Rollmeister Hall of Fame
The frustration after two "lagrolls" in South City drove me in to this. I so badly wanted to beat you guys in something. But no. Even the crown of the Rollmeister couldn't be granted to me, and it was taken away by Mr. Nightfly from the sunny shores of Estonia. So here it is, the Rollmeisters Hall of Fame:

Rollmeisters -class:
Pos. # Real Name LFS Username Rolls / Rollable Races %
1 27 Üllar Mikk -nightfly- 4/5 80 %
2 12 Roger Salama sokke 3/5 60 %
2 21 Jonathon Pickard RC10racer 3/5 60 %
2 33 Marco Hoekstra badeend 3/5 60 %
2 46 Simon Hill Psymonhilly 3/5 60 %
2 78 Bob Neill Ast 3/5 60 %
WhoopsiDaisies:
4 Stuart Baker Bean0 2/5 40 %
11 Noe Rocha fujiwara 2/5 40 %
7 20 Adam Whittaker Adam5k1 2/5 40 %
23 Daniel Foster Zero-Down 2/5 40 %
32 Reint Jan Hoiting hotmail 2/5 40 %
74 Danny Quarton Leifde 2/4 50 %
43 Andy Kirschetorte StableX 2/3 67 %
73 C.J. Ice CJ Ice 2/3 67 %
59 Kevin Corsius Scrabby 2/2 100 %
SundayShufflers:
16 5 Justin Parker dru 1/5 20 %
10 Matti Pesonen Blackout 1/5 20 %
55 Thilo Falkenberg TFalke55 1/5 20 %
67 Niels Mul niels1 1/5 20 %
86 Sebastian Franke Rooble 1/5 20 %
88 Chris English mr_x 1/5 20 %
111 Marco van Dongen SpikeyMarcoD 1/5 20 %
37 Jack McIntyre mcintyrej 1/4 25 %
77 Paul Chapman PaulC2K 1/4 25 %
3 James Stonestreet james12s 1/2 50 %
9 Niall McEvoy niall09 1/2 50 %
99 Alan zadro Thunderhead 1/2 50 %
16 Erik Jan Land hrtburnout 1/1 100 %
28 Neil Hind Quint999 1/1 100 %
71 Patrick Schülter Paddi4 1/1 100 %

*If there are errors in the table, please do report them (with some proper proofs).

So how is it, some Rollmeister decals to Mr. Mikk's UF Baby-R to the "Cadet Chaos"?

Anyway, I know my Christmas bonus this year is gonna end up being some lagless equipment "under the hood" instead of this economy PC three years ago.

Just so its clear, i wasnt suggesting it was a moment of stupidity or anything, i think if you hadnt done what you'd already done leading up to the event it would have caused a crash involving more people, instead you tried to keep it clean but were put in a situation were you couldnt do anything about it, i wasnt suggesting you were at fault in any way, more infact that your actions were commendable and unfortunately despite the sensible driving you got shafted pretty much, but it was a selfless act non the less. Not sure if that message came across in the original message, if it did, no harm in saying it again, hopefully it'll sink in with a few others too

Round 2 aftermath
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG