The online racing simulator
I seem to be #99 as well and i am supposed to carry #111 and it says i am a privateer?
Quote :Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator.

Reactivate me dagnammit !!!!
can i book myself also in? Or can i only book in when im in the league for sure?
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :I seem to be #99 as well and i am supposed to carry #111 and it says i am a privateer?

Done, and i've fixed Celtic again, the db was set to store a 2 digit value, which is how the site would have been if Dru hadnt allowed 3 digits in this series

Quote from Bean0 :Reactivate me dagnammit !!!!

Done, not sure why you've been deactivated

Quote from Scrabby :can i book myself also in? Or can i only book in when im in the league for sure?

If your not already booked in as of ~2 weeks ago, then booking in has already closed for the time being.
There *may* be vacancies if people drop out, but the series runs on 50 people, 30 of which have to qualify for the last 10 places on the grid, 20 who book their place based on the previous weeks results. So if people drop out, you might be able to join the qualification event before each round, but thats not my call to make and im not sure if additional people will be allowed in, its not like theres a shortage (30 people fighting for 10 places).
Quote from PaulC2K :Done, and i've fixed Celtic again, the db was set to store a 2 digit value, which is how the site would have been if Dru hadnt allowed 3 digits in this series

It's all about Dru
yeah, that bas***d
#57 - mr_x
I can't login at all. I put my username and password in, press login, and it just refreshes the page with my username and password still entered.
I was able to log in OK. Input my data - Name, team name, tag etc. Clicked submit but it didn't take me anywhere. Just stayed on that page. Seems OK though so I take it that that is what it's mean't to do. Can't see my name on the entrant list. Does it take a while to update ?

EDIT - Scratch that - I haven't booked in yet - doh!

EDIT2 - Agh, I made a right horlocks of that - Paul can you edit my race number to 6 please? Everything else is fine.
Chris, have you tried the login test i put a link to a few posts back?
Its working for me in both IE6 and FF, dont have Opera installed and obviously cant have IE7 with IE6.
After tonights pre-season test races i'll implement a better rejected login script, should help detect where the faults are coming from.

Quint, same as above, its working for me in both browsers, so im not really sure where the problem is coming from.
Looking at the code, by any chance did you enter nothing for the team & tag values? Im guessing so as theres a loophole there i've just spotted, if you've submitted an entry but one of the 3 boxes is empty then it wont submit it to the db, which is obviously wrong, particularly when there isnt an action performed as a result of it. Thats been removed now, so if you did leave one of those blank give it a whirl now. If you didnt, let me know as it must be something else.
#60 - mr_x
sorry Paul didn't see that post... tested it now and i get:

try_username = mr_x
try_password = ******** (starred out by me )
password wrong

I'm running on Firefox. and the password matches exactly the one I have in the activation email.
Have you logged into the forum yet? That converts the pw to something the site can then read (there was an update to the forum software which modified the way in which the pw is stored, its now considerably more complex and the website uses the complex version) thats the only thing that i can imagine is stopping it.
The times of the events state 21:00 UTC the forum states 20:00 GMT. I tried making a match with a timeconversion tool and it tells me GMT=UTC? So did the time change or are they wrong in the new website.
Quint, im not sure if the file had been uploaded tbh, it wasnt until i closed the software down that i noticed it wasnt saved, and chances are werent uploaded either.
#64 - mr_x
Quote from PaulC2K :Have you logged into the forum yet? That converts the pw to something the site can then read (there was an update to the forum software which modified the way in which the pw is stored, its now considerably more complex and the website uses the complex version) thats the only thing that i can imagine is stopping it.

tried logging in and was told i needed to activate account. Pressed the button to re-send email and got this message:

Information
Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator.

edit: works now on lfsevents
i still getting this error when i try to login to book-in on the website

"Could not successfully run query (INSERT INTO `users` (`user_id` ,`username` ) VALUES ('85', 'Psymonhilly')) because: Duplicate entry '85' for key 1" :S

can log in and out on the furoms fine
i have tried it in 3 browsers and get the same everytime.
thanks for your patience and help Paul... successfully signed in...
Quote from Psymonhilly :i still getting this error when i try to login to book-in on the website

"Could not successfully run query (INSERT INTO `users` (`user_id` ,`username` ) VALUES ('85', 'Psymonhilly')) because: Duplicate entry '85' for key 1" :S

can log in and out on the forums fine
i have tried it in 3 browsers and get the same everytime.

It'll work this time, your username somehow was blank, so when you were logging in it was finding your username/pw from the forum, and validating it, then looking to find your username in the site db, as it couldnt find it (how its blank, i dont know) it wanted to create it, which it couldnt do because there was already an account with the same User_ID (found from the forum db). I've put your name in there and you shouldnt be harrased by the stupid thing again

Also, i've been through the recently added users, there were 4-5 users which for some reason had been disabled, i *think* this may have gone back to when the db went all weird and gave everyone sky-high user_id's. Every account created since mid-Oct has been enabled, so it may allow a few people in who've had problems.

Anyone that registered using the site method needs to visit the forum to log in first, then log in via the website. Those that registered via the forum should be able to go straight into the site fine now.
Clicked standings while logged in -

Warning: Division by zero in /home/events/public_html/standings.php on line 165

Warning: rsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/events/public_html/standings.php on line 208
thx paul works fine and i'm awaiting approval WOOT
your a star paul just put all the blame on pecker
Guessing you somehow got to a page that didnt carry the relevent info to the standings page. If it doesnt get told what series then it cant do anything, i guess i could do with throwing in a load of checks so if that information isnt included it just stops there and gives a warning that it cant do stuff if it dont get given stuff.

Im still miles behind on the stuff i was hoping to do the 2 weeks between the site 'beta opening' and the series starting up. There are a few aspects of the public area which dont function fully, a few have been re-built to take in the mpr-parsing and new event structure i changed/created just a few weeks back, so some things work, some things dont, however none of them are finished, and as stupid as it might sound, im not too fussed about errors like the above right now, its handy being told about them just so i know i need to do things to prevent those errors, but the site is far from finished, its only open to allow people to book in and check a few things, i just wish that the 1 aspect i thought was finished wasnt what would cause so many problems for everyone and stop me working on the rest of it to fix stuff that should have worked from the offset

Psy, sounds like a great plan to me
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :The times of the events state 21:00 UTC the forum states 20:00 GMT. I tried making a match with a timeconversion tool and it tells me GMT=UTC? So did the time change or are they wrong in the new website.

So i bump it again because there is a inconsistency.
There was no inconsistency at the time, but due to the summertime ending at the weekend GMT is the same as UTC, it should be 20:00UTC now if its 8pm UK that the races are starting.
Quote from PaulC2K :There was no inconsistency at the time, but due to the summertime ending at the weekend GMT is the same as UTC, it should be 20:00UTC now if its 8pm UK that the races are starting.

GMT and UTC are always the same, we have just stopped using BST (GMT/UTC+1).
We are now using BWT (so to speak)
Quote from Bean0 :GMT and UTC are always the same, we have just stopped using BST (GMT/UTC+1).

Right, but as the site uses UTC to try and avoid confusion, and 8pm UK being 21:00UTC as of last week, it was all correct, but that was because we were under British Summer Time then. They're not always the same time, they're different during the summer. UTC doesnt change just to screw with peoples internal clock

Im borking with the db at the moment, deleting the pre-season stuff out of the database and modifying the main season slightly and seeing as its currently an inactive site asside from what im playing with im taking a moment to tidy that seasons db stuff up seeing as i can

Baby-R Booking in
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG