The online racing simulator
Quote from hrtburnout :Sorry Looney (N. Drew) for cutting your path. I didn't intend to do so.

No worries mate, thats racing.
Sorry for not being there....BOTT practice....
You really should but a 18+ cert on your server Dru...

"Those" Moo guys were having a threesome right infront of my eyes...
Attached images
Orgy.jpg
Sorry i couldn't be there, gurl practice... :P
#180 - Dru
so, what did people think about the modified layout?

we hope to use it as a guide.

Any qualiy laps where the cones on T1 are knocked over will be voided.

If you consistantly hit the cones over in the race or pass people as a result of going wide and not giving back the place will be seen as advantageous. and will result in a penalty.

Please discuss.

I think its great and hats off to the people who helped you make it >_<

Its horrible when you have a split second to think..."Did I get that corner?...Didn't I cut that corner?" Its nice to know where you stand without letting the driver past unnessecarily, or keep racing when you should of let him past.

Great job to you and the guys who helped make it.
I didn't even notice there was some sort of layout.
I guess it works then.
Nice testing session last night, put my mind at rest about FE Green Reversed setup, because it was actually very good over a race distance
layout was great worked well i thought
was there many cutting going on in the test?
#185 - Dru
a few people ran wide - not deliberately i think.

however a few people under passing only made the corner after passing by cutting (ie was much tighter to the corner and then could not make it.

Effectively you should know if the cones go through you that it's a big cut, if you don't think you've hit them, then you probalby haven't

Thanks to all who attended - it was great

Same time, same place next week
Quote from TFalke55 :if Dru has his eyes and ears everywhere he will know that I will be there!

how i love my father, he disconnected the house. Actually there is only an interime solution...

sry that i couldn't join you racing
Without having people Shift+U'd at the points in question, how can you identify if someone has cut at those points of the track, and even then, how do you void the time they put in if they dont realise or carry on regardless?

Red zone areas would be a little extreme, but would solve the problem in an instance, no additional eyes required, no ifs buts or maybes about it, if you enter those areas then your clearly off the track.

I saw a couple of people driving through cones and carry on and put in a faster times yesterday, one of which clearly knew it but carried on regardless. Clipping one and not noticing because your focused on whats ahead is one thing, but whatever extent it is, how do you stop people from blatently ignoring the cones as they're a movable object with no deterent unless you spot them, and even then how do you null a submitted time, you cant remove it and take the next best time.

I agree with the reason the layout is there, theres no problems with that, however what i dont understand is that you've decided to act against people who cut by placing something down to clearly identify who's pushing their luck, but i dont understand what actions can be taken to right the wrong. How do you police the cutting rule? Currently you know who's cutting, but how do you identify it when it needs to be, and what action gets taken.
#188 - Dru
Quote from PaulC2K :Without having people Shift+U'd at the points in question, how can you identify if someone has cut at those points of the track, and even then, how do you void the time they put in if they dont realise or carry on regardless?

Red zone areas would be a little extreme, but would solve the problem in an instance, no additional eyes required, no ifs buts or maybes about it, if you enter those areas then your clearly off the track.

I saw a couple of people driving through cones and carry on and put in a faster times yesterday, one of which clearly knew it but carried on regardless. Clipping one and not noticing because your focused on whats ahead is one thing, but whatever extent it is, how do you stop people from blatently ignoring the cones as they're a movable object with no deterent unless you spot them, and even then how do you null a submitted time, you cant remove it and take the next best time.

I agree with the reason the layout is there, theres no problems with that, however what i dont understand is that you've decided to act against people who cut by placing something down to clearly identify who's pushing their luck, but i dont understand what actions can be taken to right the wrong. How do you police the cutting rule? Currently you know who's cutting, but how do you identify it when it needs to be, and what action gets taken.

Simple.

We have at least 2 admins at all times shift-U'd in the pre-qualy and quali

At FE2r this will be the 2 main cut points/

any driver seen cutting will have the time removed remember for pre-quali and quali we can do the same.

remember if we keep on track of things then we will do it - anything not caught will get a post race penalty or the option of qualifying is we put actual BARRIERS down
then there is no way cutting can occur.

Eitherway with a full admin team on board we can get it done
Don't forget the post the people who have got in and who has to do the pre quali and who is doing nothing lol

You said you would do it in a moment 19 hours ago :P
Quote from Dru :Simple.
We have at least 2 admins at all times shift-U'd in the pre-qualy and quali

At FE2r this will be the 2 main cut points/

any driver seen cutting will have the time removed remember for pre-quali and quali we can do the same.

remember if we keep on track of things then we will do it - anything not caught will get a post race penalty or the option of qualifying is we put actual BARRIERS down
then there is no way cutting can occur.

Eitherway with a full admin team on board we can get it done

Cool, good to know there will be eyes there to check
Not trying to be a PITA or owt, but i still dont understand the 'will have the time removed' how do you do that?
Unless there is an external tracker which you can drop laps you know to be illegal and you'll be left with a list of clean results, how do remove someones dodgy lap once its been layed down?

Also, i thought the golden ticket folk were being notified on Monday? (i want an everlasting gobstopper!!)
Were still 2 weeks away from the first race, so i dont think theres any worry about when the list is made available, as long as people are told within like 48hrs it shouldnt be an issue really. At least thats how it is to me.
#191 - Dru
Quote from PaulC2K :Cool, good to know there will be eyes there to check
Not trying to be a PITA or owt, but i still dont understand the 'will have the time removed' how do you do that?
Unless there is an external tracker which you can drop laps you know to be illegal and you'll be left with a list of clean results, how do remove someones dodgy lap once its been layed down?

Also, i thought the golden ticket folk were being notified on Monday? (i want an everlasting gobstopper!!)
Were still 2 weeks away from the first race, so i dont think theres any worry about when the list is made available, as long as people are told within like 48hrs it shouldnt be an issue really. At least thats how it is to me.

Order being sorted now

Monday we release the list
#192 - Dru
Updated first page with tongihts practice race details.

2 Weeks left until the season opener it will be a good way to guage yourslef and find out how much spped you may need to find to get into the race and come away with some championship points when we start in 2 weeks time

See you there

Regards,

Dru.
Sorry to the people at T1 on the last race.

The guy infront braked a little earlier that I expected, I hit him which caused a sort of mini pile up

Really sorry
Nice races everyone... hmm althoght i really replaced Jakg in the first two races measured with my roll-overs... I could not concentrate on racing, was somewhere in "teenage trouble land"
so the only good one was the third (first on AS2r), but can you comment on how fair my moves were??? I can not rate it, because in my point of view it was fair.

here to the replays of this evenig's official testings:
http://rapidshare.com/files/65 ... tTestEvent_Oct25.zip.html

I better ask now before there will be trouble in the league.
ernnn.... that wasnt a good practise session. Was taking out several times. Once your in front its a lot better then at the rear. racers not knowing what the UFR is doing in corners makes a lot of crashes.

I havent finished a race not once. But that is also the downside of the UFR baby. Once your way back there is no way you can get back becus of the close racing. During the league and you crashed i think you better resign and wait your turn again,
I had fun tonight, I didn't do so well in the races. Everyone, including me, needs to be more careful with this car or else it will be (and has been) chaos.
NOES!

How did i miss this...!

I was too busy getting my Hand Waxed

Don't Ask
#198 - Dru
Quote from niels1 :ernnn.... that wasnt a good practise session. Was taking out several times. Once your in front its a lot better then at the rear. racers not knowing what the UFR is doing in corners makes a lot of crashes.

I havent finished a race not once. But that is also the downside of the UFR baby. Once your way back there is no way you can get back becus of the close racing. During the league and you crashed i think you better resign and wait your turn again,

I've looked at yours and Stables races..

Out of 3 of the 4 'first races' of the pairings your races ended 3 times through personal error and once becuase of another driver.

IN the second races you were all taken out by pack racing and people hitting each other in the mad dash around the first corners.

I would say as an observation that the first 3 corners are the worst, as you are getting people spread out then the racing is fine.

People at the back of the grid need to be more clever, they need to know that they can not make up 10 places in a corner and that patience will also see them get out of trouble.

The pack racing was very close in those first corners.

As i say it's unfortunate that you 2 were taken out both times but really, it was by your own errors in the first place you were down the back of the grid

Chin up there are 2 weeks left, ust work on the consistancy and find a race pace you can handle without making mistakes and you'll be fine (along with the same luck everybody esle is wanting )

Regards,

Dru
#199 - Dru
Quote from niels1 :ernnn.... that wasnt a good practise session. Was taking out several times. Once your in front its a lot better then at the rear. racers not knowing what the UFR is doing in corners makes a lot of crashes.

Also i have to say that 2 HR guys taking each other out whilst racing 2nd and 3rd was hilarious........

only becuase you were runnig side by side down the main striaght at aston..... lol
#200 - Dru
Quote from TFalke55 :Nice races everyone... but can you comment on how fair my moves were??? I can not rate it, because in my point of view it was fair.

I better ask now before there will be trouble in the league.

Falke, i just reviewed all 4 races from your car in replay, what are you talking about?

Your races were fine, ok so you rolled and spun a bit but you had lots of clean fights with people.

Only once did you go for a move that neither of you backed out of and touched.... i don't think there is anything wrong with your moves.....

..only work on your lies a bit and remember slow in fast out

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG