The online racing simulator
Winter cup season 1 Rules
Please read and digest all rules before signing up please

Rules

There will be a mix of events throughout the season, these will be single race “standard” events, which will be around, 30-45 mins, two sprint races, each race of 20mins in length, and endurance races, which will be 2 hours long.

There will be a qualification period of 15mins, and either one main race, or two main races, depending on the event

The league will always start on Thursdays at 19.30 GMT.
The idea of the league is fun but competitive racing.
You will find the results, standings and replays in the RSSC forum
All times are GMT/UTC.

1) General Rules:

Qualification : This is a ONE SHOT qualifying system, that means that once you have left the pits to start your qualification, you will not be permitted to re-enter the qualification if you pit, once you are out, that’s it, no second goes.
If you turn up after qualification has started, you will start from the back of the grid

Drive clean and fair, if you unfairly disadvantage a fellow racer you should do the honourable thing and allow said driver to pass you, this is just a gentlemans rule, and due to the nature of LFS's damage model, lag and other factors cannot be enforced fully.

1a) Car Selection:

-You must choose between the RAC (Raceabout) and the FZ50, once you have raced the first event in any car you MUST use this car for the rest of the season, the FZ50 must NOT use TC

1b) Track conditions:

- Track conditions and time CAN change, the website will be updated with a weather report at least 1 day before the event.

1c) Chatting:

- Chatting MUST be limited during the main race, only sorry or likewise being allowed.
- You can block messages in the main race, but be aware that this will also block messages that may help you in avoiding a penalty.

1d) Disconnection:

- If you got a disconnection during the qualification period you can not rejoin the qualification but you can spectate, if you didn’t manage to set a time, you will start from the back of the grid.
- If you got a disconnection during the race you can not rejoin the race but you can spectate.

1e) Reset:

- Resetting is NOT allowed, if you are stuck, or inverted you may Shift-S back to the pits.

1f) Restarts

- The race WILL NOT be restarted under ANY circumstances

1g) Yellow and Blue Flags:

- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- No overtaking during Yellow flag (except the car/s that caused the yellow Flag).
- If you accidentally passed someone under yellow, you must let him pass you again ASAP!
- Drivers must use caution and be prepared to slow down under Yellow Flag conditions.
- When the Yellow Flag disappears from your screen you can overtake again.
- When you got a Blue Flag let the faster car/s pass you easily as fast as possible

1h) Race Starts:

- Remember to close all unnecessary programs and websites in the background (like MSN, LFS World etc.) before you race! Because these things take away some of your Internet bandwidth and could cause lag (timeouts) for you and the other racers on a server.
- There are no restarts of the race - no matter what.
- Laglaps, when starting directly from qualifying there will be NO laglap, if for any reason the race has to start from the lobby screen, a laglap WILL be required

For single race events, the starting grid will be determined by the qualifying.

When there are two races, for the two race sprint events, the starting positions will be as follows.

- Race 1 starting order is the result from qualifying.
- Race 2 starting order is the result from race 1.

1i) Pit Stops:

- There is NO forced pit-stop in the race, you can of course do a pitstop if your car is damaged, needs fuel, or tyres.

1j) In game driver names

-All drivers MUST use the following format for in game driver names.

Team tag (if you have one) real name

e.g. [AR] D.Watkins

1k) Signing up

The RSWC is open to ALL S2 licence holders, when signing up please use your real name, and if you are in a team, and would like to contribute to the team championship, please state your team.

Preference will be given in the following order

1) Those drivers that completed 4 RSSC2 events AND the oval event
2) Those drivers that completed 4 RSSC2 events
3) Those drivers that completed 1 RSSC2 event
4) All other drivers.

There are 30 places available and will be filled on a first come first served basis by the above critieria

In the event that more than 30 drivers sign up, those drivers will be entered into the reserves, all reserves are welcome to turn up to an event, but will only be allowed to race if there is room.

Non-reserve drivers that do not participate in 2 con-current events, without prior notice will be demoted to reserve status, and the next available reserve driver will take their place.

2) Race Penalties summary:

- If you come too late and join after the qualifying has started = your starting position will be the back of the grid.
- Wrong Passing under Yellow (and don't give the place back immediately) = you’ll placed behind the driver you passed in the final results of that race (be warned If he DNF you also DNF because you'll be placed behind him!).

- Rejoining a race / joining an ongoing race will also end in a DSQ.
- All other things that are actually not in this list can of course be penalized by the Admins after the race (i.e. reckless driving, pushing someone out of his pit, etc.)

3) Success Ballast:

Ballast will now be based on drivers championship positions, the following places in the drivers championship will have the following ballast.

1st +50kgs;
2nd +39kgs;
3rd +32kgs;
4th +23kgs;
5th +14kgs;
6th +9kgs;

4) Points: Drivers Championship

Each and every driver in the championship will be driving for points in the drivers championship, the driver with the highest amount of points at the end of the season will be declared the “Road Sport Winter Cup Champion”

- Qualifying winner = 1 Point
- Fastest lap = 1 Point
- Race:
Position 1 = 26
Position 2 = 23
Position 3 = 20
Position 4 = 18
Position 5 = 16
Position 6 = 14
Position 7 = 13
Position 8 = 12
Position 9 = 11
Position 10 = 10
Position 11 = 9
Position 12 = 8
Position 13 = 7
Position 14 = 6
Position 15 = 5
Position 16 = 4
Position 17 = 3
Position 18 = 2
Position 19 = 1

There will be NO points for DNF or DSQ.

4b) Points: Team Championship

When you enter the “Road Sport Winter Cup”, you have the chance to enter your team in the “Road Sport Winter Cup team championship”.
Each driver that signs up with their team will score points for the team championship, the team with the highest amount of points at the end of the season will be declared the “Road Sport Winter Cup Team Champion”

If a team has more than two drivers in it, the best two results in a single event will be counted towards the team points i.e.

Adaptive have 4 drivers.

Driver A comes 3rd
Driver B comes 6th
Driver C comes 2nd
Driver D comes 10th

Adaptives team points for that round will be 14 team pts (the two best results)

1st ***** 10 points
2nd***** 8 points
3rd ***** 6 points
4th****** 5 points
5th****** 4 points
6th ***** 3 points
7th****** 2 points
8th****** 1 point

There will be NO points for DNF or DSQ.

5) The server will be open at 19.00 GMT. You must be there before 19.30 GMT.
ok all understood exept the wild card thing .

can u explain to me

o and will x10 forced view be inforced??
Wild card.

You pick a track, what ever points you get at the track you pick, you get +10 points.

view will not be forced.
And how will this work in sprint race? There are 2 races, does that mean i will get +10 from both of them?
No, just 10 pts + your total from both races
#6 - P1lot
Some questions...

Success Ballast. I understand that's +##kg (not minus as written)
Is this ballast ever removed, or do you carry and add to it as the season progresses? i.e. three 3rd positions and you're carrying 81kg.
Or is it cancelled and replaced by your finishing position ballast for the next event?

Quote : The driver then carries that ballast into the next event, if this event is a one race event, the driver must carry the ballast in qualifying.

so what happens if its a two race event?

Team championship. This sounds like it will much depend on which team has the most drivers for best chance of scoring.
How about fixed teams of two? If there is more than two racers from a team, then they split themselves up into pairs for the purpose of this team championship. Other drivers without a team-mate could pair themselves up also, so they can be part of this championship. This worked well during early Endurance League seasons in 2004.

Wildcard round. This sounds like it will make no difference apart from chosing a round where you will attend. Everyone will get +10 points - everybody's the same.
Wildcard systems are usually a multiplication of your points scored, i.e. double points for one round, so chose a round you think you will do well in.

I hope you will consider these, I'm not trying to diss your system.
Ballast is cancelled and replaced for the next event. i.e.

Round 1
Everyone starts with zero ballast
Driver A wins
Driver A then carries 45kgs into the qualification and race of round 2
If driver A wins round 2, he will again carry 45kgs into the qualification and race of round 3.
If driver A comes 2nd in round 2, he will carry 36kg's into qualification and race of round 3.
Sprint races work in exactly the same way

Does that clarify it?, I did think about culmative ballast, but lets see how this goes first.

Team Championship.

Already brought to my attention and fixed a little, best two results from each teams drivers will count for the team championship.

Wildcard round

Good point, double points sounds better.

Just like to add, that the rules are open to adjustment before the first round, it's never easy to spot everything when you are working on rules on your own, so basically, if you see something that would be good to be adjusted, say, if I feel it's a good point, I'll adjust, if not, I won't
#8 - P1lot
Quote from danowat :
Team Championship.
Already brought to my attention and fixed a little, best two results from each teams drivers will count for the team championship.

Still biased towards Adaptive Racing
Thanks for clarification on the other bits
You think?.

If people feel that way, we can drop the team champ all together, I just thought it would be nice to have something for the rest (that aren't aliens) to race for.

Basically, ANY team with 2 or more drivers in it can win the team champ, just because a team has more than 2 drivers, it doesn't mean they'll win, especially now SDI have two drivers entered...........
Wouldn't you AD guys like to pair up and race for the team championship each?
I wouldn't have a problem with that cos each pair would have an equal chance as the rest of us. Two best scores from four racers is less fair I think.

Team Championship is a great idea, it will keep interest for more people and longer. Don't drop it, please
Quote from P1lot :Wouldn't you AD guys like to pair up and race for the team championship each?
I wouldn't have a problem with that cos each pair would have an equal chance as the rest of us. Two best scores from four racers is less fair I think.

Team Championship is a great idea, it will keep interest for more people and longer. Don't drop it, please

Trouble is with that, you would have AR team 1, AR team 2, etc etc, there is more potential for having an AR dominated team championship than with a single "team".
But my point is that they would have equal chance. What does anyone else think?

I don't want to force your hand. I'll respect whatever decision you make.
I understand both your points, but I have to agree with Pilot in-that it seems to be gifting the AR drivers a bit more, they will get to win races due to the balast issues, whilst still be ahead of the slower guys but we should just let the rules take their course. If they aren't good. We will find out.
#14 - Vain
1. I don't really like the wildcard. It's a bit hit'n'miss. Either you are lucky and score an obscene amount of points or you get a disconnect and score no points - that would be up to a 50 points difference just decided by bad luck. I'd much rather like to see such random influences reduced (e.g. by allowing the worst result to be removed) than amplified.
I know that random championship-tables with wild position changes and unforseable development sounds good on paper, but it's the NASCAR-type of 'spectacular' - when are jumps and hoops of fire coming?
2. My opinion is that the points score of a team should be the average score of all team-drivers who attended the race.
Alternatively I'd support to have the team-score defined by the sum of the two lowest results of the team's drivers. In that case you *can* compete with 4 cars, but you run the risk of having two disconnects and scoring 0 points, even if the other two come in first and second. I like that because that way you think twice before entering in mass instead of class.
Generally more than 2 cars per team is bad because they reduces the number of competing teams.

Vain
I like that Idea alot Vain, about the lowest 2 scorings of teh Teams. I think that will balance everything out, if there is more than 2 cars in a team. The Wildcard thing, i don't understand it, even when it has been explained. So to make it simple, I think just keep the Drivers points scorings PURE, no 'outside' additions, just simple : a better result = more points.
Wildcard round is going to be removed, I had hoped it would mix things up a bit, but I can just see it will cause more problems than good, so it's gone.

I am unsure what I am going to do with the team championship as of yet, but I am a little unhappy with people insinuating that it was introduced to give AR bias, that is simply not the case.
#17 - Gaas
Well i was driving OPS league and team championship points were made well. System was made that it takes points of 2 best positions of drivers in team...that work very well...and i dont see advantage for teams that have more than 2 drivers :/
Quote from Gaas :Well i was driving OPS league and team championship points were made well. System was made that it takes points of 2 best positions of drivers in team...that work very well...and i dont see advantage for teams that have more than 2 drivers :/

That is what I intend to do.
I was not insinuated that you introduced this method of team championship for advantage to AD. I know you are better than that.

Consider another aspect; The drivers championship has many from several teams competing. In theory there is more chance of a team having a driver with a good championship standing since they have more drivers participating. That is fine and the reward for supporting the series.
But those drivers don't get to race in more events than other drivers and discount the worst scores. See?
Look, bottom line, I can't please everyone, it's impossible to even try to do, you did say it was biased towards Adaptive, maybe it was meant tongue in cheek, but forums are notoriusly bad at getting these things across, so lets draw a line under that.

The fairest way I can see of doing a team championship is too take the teams two best results and use that, it's straight forward to manage, means that regardless of the team numbers no team has a number advantage.

That is how it is going to be, maybe if it doesnt work well, then for the RSSC3, I'll change it
I got one question about the ballast - should not it be different for FZ5 and RAC ?

RAC weighs 800 kg and FZ5 1379 kg. So for example 45 kg in the trunk of the RAC will make it notably slower than FZ5 with 45 kg handycap - see, 845 kg RAC is 5,6 percent heavier, and 1424 kg FZ5 is "just" 3,2 percent heavier comparing to non-ballast total weight.
Well, I forgot to add driver and fuel weight , but anyway, FZ5 is in-ballast-advantage. Well, it should be rather tested, real effect may (and it would be different.
FZ5 is already ballast affected

Also, the power to weight ratio of the RAC is MUCH better than the FZ5, (RAC is 311 bhp/ton, FZ5 is 265 bhp/ton).

So in theory, the RAC is in ballast advantage because it already has a much superior power to weight ratio.
Quote from danowat :Look, bottom line, I can't please everyone, it's impossible to even try to do, you did say it was biased towards Adaptive, maybe it was meant tongue in cheek, but forums are notoriusly bad at getting these things across, so lets draw a line under that.

The fairest way I can see of doing a team championship is too take the teams two best results and use that, it's straight forward to manage, means that regardless of the team numbers no team has a number advantage.

That is how it is going to be, maybe if it doesnt work well, then for the RSSC3, I'll change it

Wouldn't it be easier to have people form 2 people teams with everyone they want to? Kinda what LXCC did, you have 2 drivers per team and reserves. The reserves could drive in the events as well but would not score points for the team, no matter how high they end up. The team would be for RSWC only, kinda like you and vain would form a team called "bunnies" and the gfresh and audimasta could be "reindeers!!!11". Or you could be simply AR1 and AR2.

This is not, after all, BOTT

I ask you to consider this because the chances are there won't be many teams having more than one racer. And not so many teams competing for the team championship, or so it looks
I guess we'll just have to see how many teams there are.

TBH, I don't like that system, "fake" teams aren't that interesting IMO.

Lets see how many teams or two or more there are, and if there isn't enough to provide a decent setting for the team championship, we'll dump it.
Can't we have an RAC FZ5 Manufacturer's Cup too? I would like to see a fight DIRECTLY between the cars on a whole. Although, it seems like for the WC there will be more FZ's than RA's.

Winter cup season 1 Rules
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG