The online racing simulator
#1 - tinyk
Round 4 During Race Discussion
Yea it's me again and sorry if this is titled wrong. Just curious, is it customary to hold up a race start in leagues while a driver reboots his comp and force everyone else to lag lap a 2nd time? Also once a race starts I thought people aren't allowed to rejoin the server and race.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk : Also once a race starts I thought people aren't allowed to rejoin the server and race.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

That is ture, they are not allowed to rejoin if they shift s/p or leave the server.

BTW what server are your drivers on?
#3 - tinyk
Quote from rc10racer :That is ture, they are not allowed to rejoin if they shift s/p or leave the server.

BTW what server are your drivers on?

Sorry. It was on server 2.

edit: yea what Michel said.
dodo is on 1st, I was on 2nd. Pulled my momo through the ffb , heard a big cracking sound and that was the end of my wheel + race.

But..omg what a mess. It seems to be VERY difficult for some people to behave during grid setting.
There are 2 admins on there so someone must of seen that problem.
#6 - tinyk
Quote from rc10racer :There are 2 admins on there so someone must of seen that problem.

N I K I gave permission for the driver to join the race after it already started. I was only curious if that was allowed and also the holding up of the race for the reboot. I'll leave it for now so we can enjoy the rest of the races

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :N I K I gave permission for the driver to join the race after it already started.

Well that i a big no no then because that is not allowed

Quote from tinyk :I was only curious if that was allowed and also the holding up of the race for the reboot.

I think that should be ok but i would let that one go if he was in the end screen and the gird was not already formed because that could happen to any of us even your own team.
It was me, I didn't ask for the race to be held up, I was quite happy to start from laps down to start with, and I was told by the admin I could join, however.........

I gave up, starting a lap down is hard enough, without having to worry about blue flags, I was VERY mindfull of the frankly pathetic penalty I got from the last race about blue flags.

Even being quicker than those I was getting blue flags off last time, and this time, it was still in the back of my mind, and in the end I felt like I was wasting my time.

I think we (Adaptive) are just about done with BOTT for this season..........
#9 - tinyk
Quote from rc10racer :Well that i a big no no then because that is not allowed

k thx for clearing that up

Quote from rc10racer :I think that should be ok but i would let that one go if he was in the end screen and the gird was not already formed because that could happen to any of us even your own team.

k I understand. I know I hold up casual races on my servers to allow it.. but wasn't sure if they allowed it during league races.
Quote from danowat :I think we (Adaptive) are just about done with BOTT for this season..........

aww please don't quit. Things get a bit rough but over all BOTT is doing well. I was only curious why N I K I was allowing some of the things he did.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
in my point of view he just started race from pits, rest of field was still in lap 1!
It's academic now anyway, but I appreciate the chance to race, I was just VERY mindful of the blue flag situation after my (pathetic) penalty from last round.

IMO the blue flag situations in LFS are rubbish, blue flag should mean a faster driver trying to pass a slower / lapped driver, not a faster driver who is trying to make up places, but anyway.....
Quote from Clownpaint :The decision to let Dan race was made by both admins. Niki was the one who had to state it in the chat though.

Who did or didn't say it was okay wasn't why I asked my question. I was only curious if people were allowed to join the server after the race has already started _and_ join the race. If they are, under what circumstances are they?

Quote from N I K I :in my point of view he just started race from pits, rest of field was still in lap 1!

Fair play... so if someone times out before lap 1 is finished... they may rejoin the server and race? At which point is it okay or not okay to do it?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
This thread is closed

Round 4 During Race Discussion
(13 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG