The online racing simulator
Round 6 Westhill International - Post-race discussion
Please discuss the race here
My best race in this season so far.
8th in quali, 10th in race, although it could be bit better, but i got hit by someone in last turn of lap 2. But no problem, at least my race was really interresting.
EDIT: I almost forgot: I hate Westhill so much!
Had a reasonable start. Saw everyone braking into T1, I backed off a little, and pushed into 15th place I think it was. Beano and Bozo had a bad consertina effect, because Baker had slowed up for some reason, Beano stabbed on the brakes, Bozo tried to go left to Avoid him, and collect me, making us both spin.

I recovered pretty well, doing alot of 1:55's, Overtook Jack, then Beano after he made a mistake, on the final bend of the chicane complex (the part with the tyrewall) going sideways, then trying to countersteer it, but ended up on the left hand side of the track in the grass, went past, he stayed in sight for a bit, then dropped of, got overtaken by bozo, and then made a mistake to go behind Jack, but then retake the position again (well from what the MAP told me:P) then on to the 1:54's which was all of a sudden really, Bozo was threatening all the time, but i thought everytime he got close, I was able to respond and keep the gap pretty big, although he was closing it down quite rapidly at first. Tobsen had tyre trouble, as he came into distance lap 9 - 10. Started catching him, pulling Bozo along with me laps 12 - 13, then Tobsen had bad oversteer laps 14-15, I almost knocked him off the road coming into the chicane complex on the last lap and he was just holding his line, I had no option but to back off, Tried to gain more speed into the chicane, made a mistake on the exit going onto the backstraight, managed to gain alot of grounds on him underbraking, but made a mistake on the 2nd corner after the backstraight. So he was able to bridge the gap once more. Tobsen got 13th. I got 14th. And Bozo in 15th. The first race I have completed, due to my LFS crashing randomly, guess this time , my luck was in
#4 - P1lot
Had everyone practiced more for this, or was I just slower?
Started 10th and was mostly surrounded by FZ5s, I hate following them into blind corners!
Got up to 8th, then touched the grass approaching the slow esses - down to 10th again. Swapped positions many times and finished 9th.
Quite a nice race for me, gained one position at the start and had because of the speed of ghost and the mistake(?) of hyper no fighting during the race.
Quite satisfied with my pace, made no major mistakes, 2nd was the best i could do by my own.
unfortunately i can't take part in the last race, because i'm on vacation.
good luck to all for the grand final.
my qually time was poor because for all but one lap, my PC would freeze up mid corner. I was even in the gravel at one point. 7th should of been 5th or 4th on the grid but oh well, i knew my race pace would be great anyway in comparison, as it usually is the case with me.

Race starts and i immediately get rid of 6th place Mr Watkins, however he would return to try and steal the glory from me. Tried catching the guys in front but messed up and bye bye says Mr Watkins. however not for long as i get back passed him. Then onwards to his team mates who i picked off one by one. I passed one around the outside on turn 2 which i was proud of . A few laps from the end Dan must of got his head in the game and caught me up. for the next 5 laps we had a nice close fight until the very final corner. He passed me in the small left to long right hander after the middle sector because my mom was shouting at me and i lost concentration... But i was pissed off because of what she was shouting for so i made sure i would get him back. The final corner is the best and only place for me to do this. I go left, he covers it, i go right, he brakes too late, i cut back inside, he goes wide i etch forward on the inside as he uses the outside line to it's fullest and we then go side by side for the rest of the straight and cross the line with 0.03 between us. Gladly for me, i was the one in front

Great race with the AR guys.
Qualification:
PB in 1st lap, pole position.

Race:
Start -> finish. Almost perfect performance except laps 13-14, when I explored Westhill grass. MrSkill was 6-7 secs behind, so this did mean nothing. Championship standings looks great now. I'm looking forward to KYGP, one of my favourite tracks.

Sorry for my english
Firstly,a bad point, I was a little disapointed with the turn out, but thats the way it goes I guess .

Other than that, I had a blinding race, one of the most enjoyable LFS races I think I have ever had.

I got plently of practice, and I really like Westhill, so I was well up for this, didn't do too well in qual, which seems to happen a lot to me .

Race was really good, after showing my two teams mate ahead of me a bit to much curtesy, Benji slipped past, I got past K.Doughty when he made a mistake, and then past Freddy, who also made a mistake, and spent the rest of the race trying to get past Benji, in the end we were 0.03secs off each other at the finish line.

That was pure racing IMO, top notch stuff.

Grats to Ghost, I bet he can almost taste the championship now .

See you all at Kyoto for the final round, also, don't forget, there is a special oval event after that
Glad I finnished ONE of the races, now I can say safely, that I was part of the championship
Quali:
A good time for me, a high 51 was what I though was the best I could get and, again, on final lap. 2nd on the grid wasn't looking too bad for the race.

Race:
In the start I lost one place because that RAC is so much better off the line . I just made sure that no one else gets by and after few corners started putting pressure to mrskill who had passed me in the start and was at the time a bit slower. I got really close to him but made a small error and ended up little on the grass and lost a second or two but managed to keep my position. Tried to catch up and imho I was catching up only to make other similar small error again. Two wheels in the grass on corner exit, losing a lot momentum with dirty tires.

I knew before the race that my consistancy wasn't really good so I focused into getting my lines well and to get to the speed and consistancy from there to catch up mrskill once more. Unfortunately few laps later I forgot to look for my braking marker into T1 and got wide, almost hitting the wall and collecting lots of snake poo. After that there was really no time to do any catching up so I just focused keeping it on the track. 3rd position was not what I was loonking for although I must admit that mrskill was faster later in the race. Without my errors I feel that we would have had quite a race with mrskill
great race, I'm proud of my performance..
and yours Tobsen, you did a great job to keep infront of me, as i was trying hard, but not hard enough to make a MAJOR mistake.
it all went wroooong , all of it
I should have done more training laps, my first 1:52.xx in qualy and again PB in race ...

First laps were really enjoyable - very close racing with 2 RACs (Kid and Pilot ). But they had a small contact and I could gain some distance. Then it was almost hotlapping, trying not to overheat my tyres and reaching the finishline.

I'll try to do some more training for next race - cya all on KY GP
Quote from Kid222 :i got hit by someone in last turn of lap 2.

That would have been me, apologies again for that.

Lack of practice meant I was off the pace here, it's probably my least favourite track in LFS as well. I managed to pick up a couple of places in the first few corners, but ended up in last place after my error and subsequent contact with Kid on lap 2. A few more spins throughout the race as well meant that I wasn't really going to improve on that.

Will hopefully be able to get more time on track before the last round.
The bloody woman got her new job yesterday afternoon and got all emotional that she's gonna be spending two weeks out of every three at sea and won't be able to see me/family/etc. Needed comforting. Apologies for missing yet again.

On the plus side, she'll be at sea two out of every three weeks, so I'll have time for LFS.
No worries mate, hopefully you can make the final round
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#18 - bozo
Quote from BlueFlame :Bozo was threatening all the time, but i thought everytime he got close, I was able to respond and keep the gap pretty big, although he was closing it down quite rapidly at first.

You were doing very well to stay ahead. Over the last 5 laps or so I was closing you down, but nowhere near fast enough to put any pressure on you.

T2 incident on the first lap was a bit of a shame, but I don't think anybody is really to blame on looking at the replay. I was nudging Beano as he slowed rapidly (due to Baker ahead of him slowing rapidly) and pulled left to avoid driving him off the road, and collected BlueFlame instead, who had zoomed up the inside.
Erm, just like to point out that Bean0 and Baker are both me
I must check the replay again then, bozo and beano
I the first lap accident wasn't nice, I had alot of pace, but, I suppose in a malicious way, I'm glad it happened, otherwise Bozo would of been infront, Bozo you were fast but, for some reason, I was more consistant, I found out why, also, I did have a headstart because my recovery from the T1 crash was pretty quick

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG