The online racing simulator
1st Qualifying 12h of Kyoto - including Quali results
Tonight is the first qualifying for the 12h of Kyoto!

It starts at 21:00 CET (summertime right now, 19:00 UCT) and takes place at the server:

"Masters of Endurance"

The password has been mailt to the address you used for applying. If you did not receice a mail, pls check in at #moe in Gamesurge.

Pls use the following naming on the server:

Your team's number in Blue if you are GT1, in Red if you are GT2 and then your real name.

Example:

10 - P. Kempermann or
10 - P. Kempermann
#2 - xenoa
Need a pass...boss is away =D
edit: delete this msg pls
Results of first quali session below.

Replay can be found here.
Attached images
12hkyo_q1.jpg
Just have a question about on how much cutting is allowed... I find it hard to see where the limit is and the rules (http://www.mastersofendurance.eu/?p=rules) don't say anything about this topic.

The same goes also for the chicane before Start / Finish.
Attached images
foo.jpg
#5 - Cawwa
Yes a good question. I guess the answer should be two wheels on track and curbs is counted as track.

When you are entering the oval you also have the yellow line (marking the pit entering for Kyoto National). Is it allowed to cross that one with all four wheels? A lot of speed to gain if you do.
If it is HLVC valid, then it should be counted as good lap IMO.
#7 - Koopa
Quote from three_jump :Just have a question about on how much cutting is allowed... I find it hard to see where the limit is and the rules (http://www.mastersofendurance.eu/?p=rules) don't say anything about this topic.

The same goes also for the chicane before Start / Finish.

Lolzz thats one from my team... Imo as far as i can see this is totally allowed...

Rite enough fun

On crappy circuits like this, well, only this track section i mean... You always will get problems like this. I think we cant delete the possibility that in 12 hours of racing that you will miss the track sometimes... Most of us try todo our best to make that corner, others USE this to go faster...

Thing is for the qualifying you can control it, in a 12 hour race there is no way that you can keep an eye on things like this.

Anyways imo this is on the edge but valid...

If you want to delete all this stuff, make a big chicane, with solid fences, were ppl really need to slow down... Otherwise leave it and take the corner as fast as possible.

I hope the devellopers will remove dodgy track sections like this someday...
I think it would help to put a few cones (no big buggy barricades) there so it becomes more clearer (and make it easier to judge as well)
#9 - Cawwa
When we run that 24h race there it was direct judging. Ppl got DT for repeatingly violations, not for a single "accident" of course. Dunno how many judges there where though.
Quote from Cawwa :entering the oval you also have the yellow line (marking the pit entering for Kyoto National). Is it allowed to cross that one with all four wheels? A lot of speed to gain if you do.

I don't think the admins will have a problem with that yellow line since the pits are not in use. Plus I don't think it makes a big difference in speed, only appears so.
Well, one of the admins from that 24h race is now an admin in MoE, so you never know ...

And there is speed to gain when letting the car out, which you can carry a long way till the chicane.
I'd really prefer it if we didn't run on the flat part of the oval.
We don't mind crossing the yellow line on the exit of that long left hander.

However, the chicane (as pictured above) is a different story:
From the pictures you posted above, the XRR seems to be okay, the lower of the two pictures could be in breach of the rules when it continues further, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

The FXR is hardly within the limits anymore. Make it clear that two wheels are on the curbs by actually driving over and not _just_ touching them, pls.
Quote from Hoellsen :The FXR is hardly within the limits anymore. Make it clear that two wheels are on the curbs by actually driving over and not _just_ touching them, pls.

Even when this means that only the right tires are touching them?
That's ok for me.
Two wheels are two wheels. Doesn't matter which side. If it were the left wheels on the curb, it would mean there are four wheels on the track.
I don't think there will be a problem with cutting in the race, because of the damage that can occur to your suspension if hit it the wrong way, at worst you can gain about 80% damage on just 1 side so it's really to big a risk to take.

As for the qualifying, I watched the replay and some of the qualifying session and some of the cutting in the chicane I saw going on was just crazy, I'm sure I saw some people knocking the cones on the very left whch are way over a car width away.

If teams don't get penialised for these things then there is no choice in the qualifying but to do it. If it only gained 1 or 2 tenths then I guess it wouldn't be such an issue, but 4 tenths and upwords is just a joke.
A first quick look at the pole lap brings immediate results - INFINITY's laps will be deleted. This is blatant overdoing it, as we can show by this vid.

We will investigate further on this and check the other quick laps. INFINITY will have a chance to repost a quali time on Friday. If other teams want to come forward and make a statement about the cleanliness of their laps, we are willing to let other laps from Sunday's session count if they can name the lap in which they didn't cut. Other than that if we find laps similar to the one above, we will delete all times as well.
srry , but the video isnt working for me,
i tryed to view it with windows media player , winDVD(with the right codec and some free avi player)

i hope it is working for some one else

{EDIT: IT IS WORKING ALLREADY}

reint jan
vid is working fine here
Quote from three_jump :vid is working fine here

what for a player are you using.

{EDIT: IT IS WORKING ALLREADY} thx Three jump

reint jan
normal windows mediaplayer, latest divX installed, nothing more
nice cutting, lol
#23 - Dru
good to see that nothing escapes the eyes of the admins and marshalls
Why not using a layout then? Will you check every lap in the race in every car? This way there will always be arguement whether a cutting is just legal or over the limit and nobody needs this.

Anyway Mot3c had a 2:10,68 and a 2:10,91 without the last turn cutting and with the same amount of chicane cutting as many others.
This thread is closed

1st Qualifying 12h of Kyoto - including Quali results
(111 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG