The online racing simulator
Round 5 Blackwood Reverse - Post-race discussion
Not good race at all. Qualified 11th, but in race everything went wrong. I've dropped lot of positions, had few contacts and in the end lagged and when other cars appeared again i was next to Danowat, touched him a bit, but it was enough to flip me on roof. But definately not his fault.
Well, looking forward to next event.
I had a relatively good quali with a slight disappointment in the end as on my fastest lap I ran out of fuel 100 meters before finish line, resulting in a mid-field start pos. (Lucky the T1 isn't very scary here after start.)

Race was quite heated but I survived without bigger hassles - only remember J. Picard bumping me gently to go faster.

I lost a place or two after avoiding an accident in front of me. Steered off the racing line and someone had a better line through the wreckage.
Quote from spankmeyer :Steered off the racing line and someone had a better line through the wreckage.

That would have been me, good racing with you for a few laps
Had a good race thinking about the lack of training i had. Raced mostly alone, defending my 5th place. Had a little moment in lap two though, in turn two i touched Benji who the bumped MrSkill (not P1lot as i said after the race race) making him spin. Really sorry about that MrSkill

Other than that, nothing really exciting happened on my part. Happy with 5th though and looking forward to the next round!
My qualli was poor considering i beat it within 5 laps of the race start. Some confusion ahead meant i could capitalise and get up to 5th, then a bump bumped me into the car ahead, they spun and i got 4th. I was settling back down to catch Lehnert but couldn't catch up just too fast for me .
Quote from GFresh :That would have been me, good racing with you for a few laps

You bastard. We had good racing going on! Your strange T1 brake point messed up my pace completely on one lap, nearly sending me spinning to a wall, and you got away.
Quote from spankmeyer :You bastard. We had good racing going on! Your strange T1 brake point messed up my pace completely on one lap, nearly sending me spinning to a wall, and you got away.

Yeah, it's a weird one that, i find touching the brake early and dropping a cog before the brow of the hill tends to keep me a little more stable into the lower end of the chicane, without losing any pace.
#8 - P1lot
I was pleased with qualifying 4th. Just as the race was about to start, I think I hit a keyboard button which minimized LFS. I got it back just in time but had lost AntiAliasing, I was not used to racing with such blocky graphics, it all looked very different!

In the race I was pushing for 3rd on lap 2 but colided with J.Pickard which sent him off. I felt it necessary to wait for him and allow him to pass me, but that proved harder than expected. There was a crash ahead that I passed by but J.Pickard got delayed by it. Then I was going slow to let him catch up, but too slow and I impeded him through the esses. Finally when he had passed I had lost 7 places.

Then 2 corners later I tap him again He managed to carry on but I spun and started again from 18th position.

So sincere apologies to J.Pickard for those silly mistakes.

A couple more incidents and then I finally worked my way back up to 10th. I want to do it again to make amends
if you drop at the right time you don't have to brake. on one of my qualli laps i drifted the second bend.
Q: 1, so why I shouldn't be satisfied? But Hyper was very very close...

R: Typical RAC start, I used better RAC's acceleration to gain 2s gap from Hyper. First laps were great, but between 8-15 I did some mistakes and Hyper was quite close, around 1s. So I tryed to stabilise my lap times (quite succesfully) and finished 1st with 2 secs gap. I'm looking forward to Westhill.
I had a shit of a race, and I was really looking forward to this round..........

Qually was bad, couldnt get nearly my PB, lots of traffic, nerves etc etc.

Got off to a decent start untill I was punted off at T4, sent all the way back the back of the pack, then proceeded to pick my way through the pack.

Had a small infraction with Kid which resulted in him ending up inverted , 2 laps from the end, maybe due to suspension damage from the lap 1 collision, my front left tyre blew, meaning I had to pit.

Managed to claim 18th, after getting past bozo (who did some interesting defensive manueouvers )

So all in all a shocking event for me......

Roll on Westhill
That was the first race in the RSCC for me.
Unfortunately it was nearly over after one lap. No complaints to you audi, those type of accidents happen and sorry to willi who lost also many places because he couldn't avoid me.

Had some nice fights with pickard, even we both lost concentration after the first lap accidents.

Hope I can make it to Westhill and have a better race there.
The quali was quite something. First it was a bit hard to find a good spot and then when a spot opened I managed to screw it up somehow. Until there was time only for one more try. I tried to get as good time as possible without risking it to much. Had some pressure too and usually I'm at best with some pressure. Did a new pb and wasn't too far away from being 1st. 2nd place was a lot more than I expected .

The race was quite lonely after the first laps, probably better for me as I had only little practise and basically no recent race experience on that track. The only racing I basically had was between me and Picard who I managed to overbrake by putting that whale in right position at the end of the back straight covering his braking marker . He overbraked and went over the curbs, got some dirt on wheels and couldn't get a proper turn-in. Me passes. After that I saw someone going off in the T1 and from the replay I saw it was Picard which basically meant that I could start hotlapping to catch Ghost. Couldn't do it, simply my lap times were not stable enough to really put any pressure on him. Tried to get a good time on last lap though, got a good 1st split but basically messed it up in the next corner.

Sorry tobsen about that bump, I really thought you were going faster but you weren't so I bumped you causing you to lose control. Extremely sorry for that - it was really all my fault

EDIT: thanks Dan for the setup. It's really nice, no changes needed
Everyones gotta start somewhere, aslong as you are clean and respect others you are always welcome.
Disconnected on the last lap :weeping::banghead: grrrr damn it.

Had poor quali no where near my pb, made up a few places in lap 1. Sorry to willi who got blocked by a spining RAC i saw you slow down so i braked but you had to stop & i bumped you. Got a lucky break & found myself in 6th place going ok till i made a mistake & was passed then was caught & passed by mr doughty. Was happy sitting in 8th. Pickard caught me but lost it at the chicane & I had a good race with spank for a while there.

On the last lap my luck ran out & my connection dropped. Pretty pissed about that as this is the best I have done in any LFS championship since I started playing . oh well always next time
Not much to say really. Lack of practise and set-up work saw me towards the back of the grid for qually. Ended up T-boning Danowat at turn 4 - I didn't take him out initially, but in the crowd of cars it was difficult to see him sitting sideways in the track and I didnt' realise until too late.

Was up to 17th on lap 17, and had been shaping up to pass Bozo for a few laps, then my internet connection gave up on me - what a waste.

Good run though, was enjoying it up until then. Looking forward to the next one
I had hoped for some close racing on this track, but this time it was to close. 3 times I had contact with other cars resulting in little suspenstion damage. Also the crash in t2/lap2 made me a little bit frustrated - dropped to place 21 - but thats racing ...

cya on Westhill
Very little practice beforehand for me, I think this showed as I managed to set a couple of PBs in the race itself.

I picked the wrong way trying to avoid the TeazR/Danowat incident and ended up pretty much last, then was right up the arse of Tobsen getting a tow and was caught out when he braked a lot earlier than I expected for the chicane, the resulting contact cost us both a lot of time and I hold my hands up regarding fault.

Had a good battle in the later stages with Dom, thought he was going to sail past me on the straight on the final lap, but I got a better exit from the left hander and managed to pull out just enough to be able to stay ahead.

Will hopefully have more time to practice for the next one, Westhill isn't exactly my favourite track though.
#19 - bozo
Well, not a great race for me. Was going nice and steady in 16th, but got hit, spun, then couldn't get same rhythm going again.

Interestingly, my best splits all came on the same lap - pity it wasn't during qualifying!

I was 10kph slower down the straight than most drivers ... so I can definitely blame my setup for coming 19th! Nearly held off Dan in the last couple of laps after his pitstop, but could only watch as he sailed past on the back straight.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG