The online racing simulator

Poll : Please choose an option.

#1: Original 4hr race distance
#2: 500mi (263 lap, 2hr50m) race distance
Oval Round Race Length Poll
Hello racers.

Following the test race, we decided it would be a good idea to let you all decide how long the upcoming oval race will be. While all rounds of the IGTC so far have been 4 hours in length, we feel that it's at least a possibility that this might not be the most appropriate format for an oval race.

We're offering here two possibilities.

#1: We run the originally-scheduled 4 hour distance.
#2: We run a shortened 500-mile distance, at 263 laps. With laptimes around 39 seconds, this means a race of about 170 minutes (2 hours 50 minutes) assuming no SC periods. With SC periods it could vary a bit.

Please vote for your preferred choice. Thanks!
If it's "only" a 500 mile race, then driver changes are inappropriate.

Stick to the plan, if you require multiple drivers, 4 hours.
Yeah, it's an endurance series with driver swaps, leave it at 4 hours.
Interesting that Leidfe and I are the only two who posted our reasoning, but we are outnumbered in the poll...
Another few reasons for keeping it the same - the main appeal of the series is the four hour races and that is what I signed up for, 4 hours, not 500 miles. For my team, at least, it makes it very easy to sort out drivers, each does an hour stint but with 500 miles, well, we can work round it but meh, I'd prefer the four hours. Also, I hate to say it but doing 500 miles makes it very "NASCAR-ish" but the idea of endurance racing and the series is generally a European style (if you get my meaning :shrug

And yeah, those wimps who voted but didn't post, show your face

EDIT: It's Leifde not Leidfe (My name is Danny btw, please call me that, I kinda don't like my username)
BOO!

I voted for 4 hours simply because thats what the league was designed to be, a 4 hour endurance series. Everyone signed up for that so there should be no diversion from the original plans.
Agreed. All the other races are 4 hours, this one should be no different.
Quote from BenjiMC :BOO!

I voted for 4 hours simply because thats what the league was designed to be, a 4 hour endurance series. Everyone signed up for that so there should be no diversion from the original plans.

Right

Voted for 4h.
Quote from Forbin :Agreed. All the other races are 4 hours, this one should be no different.

Meaniehead. (AFAIK he's not racing this one and I probably am)

I just voted for 500 because I don't really want to spend 4 hours on an oval, but meh.
4 Hours. Why even think of changing?
Quote from rcpilot :Meaniehead. (AFAIK he's not racing this one and I probably am)

I just voted for 500 because I don't really want to spend 4 hours on an oval, but meh.

You can't do more than 3 hours of an event, .

I don't see the use of shortening the event, if its still a multi-driver afair.
4hrs here
4h thats why we are here
4 hours pls
Alright, seems pretty well decided.

Thanks, everybody!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG