The online racing simulator
About the CTRAX replay service
Wanted to report a wrecking and decided to check if I chose the correct replay. So pushed the send me the replay to my email, got the email but then clicking the link I just get this comment: "PAGE NOT FOUND. HAVE A HELP PAGE INSTEAD" . So am I doing something wrong or is this feature working at all?
#2 - Bean0
It's worked fine for me in the past, can you post the link from the email here ?
#4 - Bean0
Just noticed the same thing myself and was about to post about it. Thanks for the quick response though.

Edit:
Checked the replay and it was the correct one so this time i've sent the right replay.
Any idea what to do with a earlier report which had a wrong replay in it, just noticed this when looking around in the check a report section where you can find the replay of earlier reports.
If you did not submit the report you should be able to delete it using the CTRA management software in-game.
Yeah just started looking deeper in to this system. I submitted this report before you needed to do anything in the MyCTRA to submit a report. So that one is ancient history
Quote from Jouman :Here is the link. Dunno if its the right one though.

http://www.raceauthority.com/r ... AS2R+04+Sep+2007+0843.mpr

What email client are you using? I have the same problem. I reported it a few weeks ago in another thread somewhere, but apparently it must have something to do with the email client or possibly the internet browser rather than X-system itself, since the links are working for other people

I just replace the + with %20 or spaces.
#9 - Bean0
I have no problems using Thunderbird, and opening the link in Firefox.
Just checked using the online Gmail system (Firefox again), and the link is broken though.
Ah, so perhaps it has to do with Gmail then. That's what I'm using...
I reckon it's all down to the spaces in the filename.

If they were replaced with hyphens or underscores the problem would be solved once and for all.
Well I'm using just hotmail in a browser. Mozilla Firefox version 2.0.0.6
Quote from Bean0 :I reckon it's all down to the spaces in the filename.

If they were replaced with hyphens or underscores the problem would be solved once and for all.

I like new replay system
I like the new system because I almost wasted the admins time with the wrong race replay. If I didn't have to take a minute to replay it and cool off I would have just sent it and thought it would be looked after. I was wrong. the driver I told I was going to report was right I had the wrong race. I will say that I did have the right racer though and his constant spaming of me there after was a good indication of what he was like. Everyone on the server had to block messages because he wouldn't shut up. I was hoping someone else would report him. I spectated in his car a few times and he is definitly a crasher. I will keep my eyes open for him in the future, seeing as he likes to post crashing videos on You Tube maybe he has a fetish.
Oh well it takes all kinds I guess. I'll just miss two races next time and make sure I save the right replay!!
Rant over for now
#15 - FL!P
You still can find the correct replay (if you haven't deleted your original report yet). Find the report in your MyCTRA page, click on Edit, and you'll be able to select another replay. The one you're looking for is probably the next one after the one you got. Once you've selected it and saved the changes, you can download it and check if it's the right one.
I already deleted it oh well let bygones be bygones I guess. Except now hes PMing me and we will see if he keeps hounding me. Thank god for ignore lists.
If you ignore it, it's potentially another CTRA racer that's got to get wrecked by him before we get a replay.

If it's worth reporting, report it. The only way we can keep the servers clean is with your help.
I'm not ignoring the wrecking I'm ignoring the private email he is now sending me!
the download works for me if anyone wants me to post it up here.
#20 - SamH
I note that in the CTRA development checklist, Becky has added a new to-do. The space in MPR filenames will be replaced with an under_score. I'm not sure when this will happen, but it's on the to-do list. Most people don't have any problem with the spaces, but it does look like a combination of Firefox and GMail causes problems. Other scenarios may also have problems, so the easiest way to solve it system-wide is to make the change at our end.
Quote from SamH :I note that in the CTRA development checklist, Becky has added a new to-do. The space in MPR filenames will be replaced with an under_score. I'm not sure when this will happen, but it's on the to-do list. Most people don't have any problem with the spaces, but it does look like a combination of Firefox and GMail causes problems. Other scenarios may also have problems, so the easiest way to solve it system-wide is to make the change at our end.

Just FYI really, I just tested Gmail/IE7 and it failed due to the link being filled with plus signs.
#22 - FL!P
Quote from Bean0 :Just FYI really, I just tested Gmail/IE7 and it failed due to the link being filled with plus signs.

Yeah, I got the same from Safari on Mac. The problem really seems to be at Gmail.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG