The online racing simulator
Round 4 Fern Bay Green - Post-race discussion
Quali: 3rd, only one lap completed (mistake in chicane, jump and roof)

Race: Normal start, during lap 3 I passed M.Lehnert and started to pursuit P1lot. But on lap 8 (I'm not sure, doesn't matter), I did same mistake as in quali. I'm dissapointed, but... 3 races ahead without this bloody chicane.
Round 4 Fern Bay Green - Post-race discussion
Most of you guys are still racing atm, but i'm not The few laps i got consisted of: ramming someone out , having some great racing with the guys at the back, and flipping the car over at the T1 hairpin.

Regarding the ramming off, it was in lap 1, where kid and i had some nice side-by-side racing. In turn 6 (i think) i did a stupid maneuver, trying to stay on the inside line of kid through the turn. this would have worked in a fox, but not in a FZ5. I got a little slide and bumped pretty harsch into KID who was sent into the wall, screwing up his susp. Really really sorry, it was stupid.

Hope you other guys had a better one
threads merged
for once i dident qualify last but after t1 i was then there was a time out and 2 cars pitted moving me up to 16 then i got lapeed by pilot and then i was keeping up with him so i got up to 15th thast were i ended but points are points
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from audimasta :
Regarding the ramming off, it was in lap 1, where kid and i had some nice side-by-side racing. In turn 6 (i think) i did a stupid maneuver, trying to stay on the inside line of kid through the turn. this would have worked in a fox, but not in a FZ5. I got a little slide and bumped pretty harsch into KID who was sent into the wall, screwing up his susp. Really really sorry, it was stupid.

I think it was my fault, you've had inside line and enough overlap, i'd to slow down and let you through... so here comes my: sorry.
After that and necessary pit i've started good pursuit and finished 11. Could have been better, i was looking for top10 after 9th in quali. Not best race but best result in this season for me so far.
See you next time.
PS: thanks to speedway for sharing his setup.
talkin bout cats ive got used to mine climing on me cos i have no door for my comp room cos its in my livin room its when the bloody thing bites .
#7 - Vain
I drove a westhill set, the same one I'm always using, but didn't care to modify it at all. I ended up not using 6th gear due to that.
I hoped to get involved in a multi-car battle, but Willi gave me his position for free when he couldn't decide which line to take into T1. After that I lost contact with speedway because I almost did a serious mistake at the chicane somewhere around lap 7. Later I got back to him. Eventually he made enough mistakes and I went past to take what now was second in lap 20.

Vain
Did better than expected, qually was tough, I think the top 10 were seperated by less than a second, I managed to qualify 15th.
In the race I had some great fun tussling with Bean0, and was pushing hard to try and catch Highsider and Spanky, didnt manage it, but something happened to Highsider, not sure what, I didnt even see him, so I managed to bring home an 8th place, which I was pretty happy with.
Good race fellas, REALLY impressed with the restraint into T1, you all showed a hell of a lot of respect for each other, you should all be proud.
Grats to Gav for the win, Grats to Vain for the 2nd place, and taking the lead in the drivers championship.
See you all in a fortnight .
Managed to do my first laps on the combo yesterday evening due to certain family issues, so I had very cold feet before the event.

I was lucky enough to have clear air during quali and got myself the 10th place on the grid. My quali came to an abrupt end when I barrel rolled my FZ5 tragically in the chicane.

I lost 1-2 two places in the start, but then it was a white-knuckle race for many laps as I was surrounded by cars. J. Pickard overtook me before the chicane but moments after he kindly took himself and several tyres out and pushed eject to spectate.

Dano kept harassing me from behind while I was busy overtaking some poor RAC.

Rest of the race went smoothly and was in between cruise control and damage control modes.
yay, the one race i coulda won my GF decides to piss me about... maybe next time.
yay for GF's!!!!
Qualifying went as expected for me, 12th place.
Race start went very well, anticipated the lights and got a great start which pushed me up the field by about 3 or 4 places by T2.
I think i was in 8th place, on the 8th lap i was harassing the guy in front coming up to T1, and i got a funny deflection off the first curb which pushed me into the second curb.
This damaged my front right, and i was understeering terribly for the rest of the lap, losing places. I attempted to go into the pits on the same lap, but understeered past the pit entrance, so i had to limp round for a further lap. I finally got into the pits, and exited just into last place, so i set about gaining some positions back.
I managed to finish in my original grid position, 12th.

Overall though, i highly enjoyable race
I was very fortunate in this event. I beat my pb by 0.4sec to grab pole at the death (I'm sure Ghost would have been there if he had more than 1 lap).
Then Lehnert and Ghost were battling in the early laps, allowing me breathing space ahead. I would have settled for 3rd, but them two had the misfortune of rolling & disconnecting.
My first league win, I think

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG