The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think?

Leave it alone
FZR
XRR
FXR
I agree, but i would also like to see you try and govern it.
I'm fine with your bias against bumpdrafting, but the fact of the matter is that it happens in real life oval racing and it happens in LFS oval racing.

Furthermore, it hasn't been banned (and has in fact been used) in other races during the IGTC season, though of course not as extensively as it might be used in the oval round.

As I said before, it will be counterproductive to bumpdraft with those who aren't ok with the idea, and also counterproductive to bumpdraft when there are still pitstops remaining. It not only produces damage to both the bumper and the bumpee, but also greatly increases the risk of a spin, etc. I imagine that it'll be used in select circumstances if at all.

If you really can't deal with this, alright, we'll see you in the next round.
#53 - Nobo
Quote from alland44 :I can guarantee, tha Team dba would participate, if it was "mano et mano" and not "teamo pushes teamo".

We on Team dba will not degrade racing, to push each other around on the tracks. Team dba will join every serious race there are, if we are "free to race" on the specified racing dates.

We want to race ! Not play around

EDIT :
Rihard owns Team dba, and I`m the team leader - Now you now :

I've been following the discussion for some time now. Sounds for me you had a bad day and put your anger down here. Why not just pull out for the race and shut up if you dont like something, instead you put down the organisation and the league here, again and again, you have layed down your point, why picking and picking on it???
If its possible with lfs physics to bump then hell yea do it if people like. But i havent seen anyone here posting he wants really planning to bump through the race.
Its still the same serious racing with bump allowed then without, simply because LFS Physics allows it, but there is still some damage and spinning risk, maybe because of little lag or inproper bump, so the one who said here he will not puch someone who doesnt want it is right and that should be the way everyone should handle it. In ESCC Race at Aston GP you could see that even the top notch players in LFS use bumperdrafting to avoid that someone can catch them on the long Start/Finish straight and i would call the racing serious there from drivers like Mooney, Sracer...
Quote from Nobo :I've been following the discussion for some time now. Sounds for me you had a bad day and put your anger down here. Why not just pull out for the race and shut up if you dont like something, instead you put down the organisation and the league here, again and again, you have layed down your point, why picking and picking on it???
If its possible with lfs physics to bump then hell yea do it if people like. But i havent seen anyone here posting he wants really planning to bump through the race.
Its still the same serious racing with bump allowed then without, simply because LFS Physics allows it, but there is still some damage and spinning risk, maybe because of little lag or inproper bump, so the one who said here he will not puch someone who doesnt want it is right and that should be the way everyone should handle it. In ESCC Race at Aston GP you could see that even the top notch players in LFS use bumperdrafting to avoid that someone can catch them on the long Start/Finish straight and i would call the racing serious there from drivers like Mooney, Sracer...

It seems that you have the bad day, my friend
I'm not into Nascar so the oval realy dosen't get me going. I'll make a quick set and balance it but I really dont need to spend hours learning the track (i can turn left pretty good i think) I'll take advantage and learn Aston North which I've really not done much on

However it's in the series I signed up for and it will be a different experience. Honestly I think it will be a very interesting race and one where strategy will be much more fun

BUT I will NOT be a very happy racer if I get bumpdrafted and spun.

Realistically though each team only has one car on the track at a time and I get the impression that bumpdrafting in the LFS community is generally seen as unsportsmanlike and we've got some of the topest drivers competing. (guys i'm not afraid to battle door to door with through corner after corner) I would actually be surprised if it's a tactic that gets used.
Quote from BenjiMC :I consider it as an example of your commitment to the league. "I dont like the combo so i wont race" is not a very good attitude to have to wards a serious league. You can race or not but i will take it onboard when Season two sign-ups open.

Edit: Watch any NASCAR race on the oval rounds you will see bump drafting is a very real part of racing.

I and dba accept your rules, You know my standpoint.
We like the combo, but we dont like the bumpdrafting, thats the case - case closed from our side.

If you dont allow us to join season 2, it`s ok with us.. It`s your league and your rules..

And it`s an oval track, but the cars are not NASCAR`s.. it`s Sportcars..

And to your information i can tell you that i had only done one league since march 2003 in LFS, were bumpdrafting was allowed and that was the Irish Championship 2007. We had the same opinion on that there and we made a gentleman rule there, so everybody could have fun..

Furthermore i din`t see anything in your rules that stated that bumpdrafting were allowed.. Maybe it was there at some point and i didn`t pay enough attention to it. But IF i had seen it, i would not had signed up in this league knowing about the bumdrafting..

But case closed and as i wrote i accept your rules - so have fun...
Quote from Richard Torp :I and dba accept your rules, You know my standpoint.
We like the combo, but we dont like the bumpdrafting, thats the case - case closed from our side.

If you dont allow us to join season 2, it`s ok with us.. It`s your league and your rules..

dba has been a solid team for the IGTC all season and I honestly think there's very little chance you won't be asked back for next season. We appreciate your participation so far, and we understand that you have a difference of opinion here--no big deal. We simply ask that you don't degrade the decisions of the admins over a simple difference of opinion.

Quote :And it`s an oval track, but the cars are not NASCAR`s.. it`s Sportcars..

And to your information i can tell you that i had only done one league since march 2003 in LFS, were bumpdrafting was allowed and that was the Irish Championship 2007. We had the same opinion on that there and we made a gentleman rule there, so everybody could have fun..

I can conversely tell you that I've never been in a league where bumpdrafting was banned. Anecdotal evidence FTW, it seems.

Quote :Furthermore i din`t see anything in your rules that stated that bumpdrafting were allowed.. Maybe it was there at some point and i didn`t pay enough attention to it. But IF i had seen it, i would not had signed up in this league knowing about the bumdrafting..

There's also nothing in the rules about it being disallowed, as we had considered it to be a non-issue. It's standard operating procedure on the oval, and used fairly regularly (in my league experience at least) when trying to make a pass on long road course straightaways. Frankly I'm a little shocked by your vehement opposition to it, especially given that most in this thread have said they won't do it with you unless you want them to. Are you more worried about those who choose to do it outpacing you, or about negative consequences from poorly executed bumpdrafting?

Quote :But case closed and as i wrote i accept your rules - so have fun...

Great, no problem here, then. We'll see you at AS North!
"Are you more worried about those who choose to do it outpacing you, or about negative consequences from poorly executed bumpdrafting?"

I don`t wanna be hit by another car, thats the case. It doesn`t matter if it called bumpdrafting or not.. Touching a car in front of me is a no go or be touched from behind..

I would love to be passed on a oval, with a clean and fair pass..and that`s without bumpdrafting...but for sure a drafting pass.

It seems that a lot mores does bumpdrafting these days in LFS, but as i told i have never been in a league were you did it, apart from the Irish. I don`t see bumpdrafting in real racing in Denmark. If you hit another car in front of you, you will get penalized..
I`m confident that we can find racers who doesn`t like bumpdrafting so (infact a lot of Scandinavians has same opinion on this as we do) we can do prober racing with in LFS, for the future.. After 4,5 years in LFS i`m sure i can do another 4,5 year without touching people..so the future is bright after all....

I didn`t try to get into disscussion about your decission, I know it could look like Allan did, but thats solved now with my latest posts..
Suggestion for the Oval round:

Because of the length of the track, the speed involved and the LFS queue slowness maybe you should allow the incoming driver to join the server one lap before the team car is on its in-lap ?
I agree with that suggestion. Makes a lotta sence to do it that way since every lap is around 39 seconds. Thanks for that one
In the rules stand: "13) Drivers must remain between the pit exit lines when exiting the pits, under all circumstances. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a DT if caught by the marshals, or a one (1) lap penalty in the final standings if protested after the race." There stand nothing about the pit entry. Can we cross the pitline when we drive in the pits? If this is allowed we can start the pit entry after T3.
ya...maybe for us non-nascar familiar drivers a little pic or two of exactly where the pit in/out lanes are. on pit exit I gotta go all the way around the left hander till the striaght right?
that's what I thought
In all likelihood we will have a layout with cones or those vertical poles to delineate where pit lane begins/where you should exit the track. This is pretty common practice for pit entry for oval events. If we go this route we'll have the layout available for practice no later than a week before the event.
I had already prepped one before i started the season that i have changed about a week ago now. I'll make a new thread wiht it so you can practice on it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG