The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :Moose, theres only way we can free you of the CTRA Addiction.

COLD TURKEY!

meh, it was my first race of the day

.....and i prefer chicken thanks
System down on Race 1
system down on ss1 ss2 and bump ab jump....16.40 bst
race2: server up, scripts down
SYSTEM STILL DOWN
bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump
I can't connect to the server at the moment because i'm in the middle of a cascade failure on my RAID array and all my bandwidth is being rinced with backing up, RDC just wont work and the backup is my priority. I have emailed Sam, but he's busy filming today so may not reply instantly.

Sorry guys.
Quote from Becky Rose :I can't connect to the server at the moment because i'm in the middle of a cascade failure on my RAID array and all my bandwidth is being rinced with backing up

Sorry to read that, I hate when it happens! Good luck restoring everything!
I just picked up Becky's email and relaunched the X-System. Game on
The failure of the RAID isn't the only thing to befall my PC unfortunately, I said cascade and I meant it! lol. Yesterday I lost one of my graphics cards so I am already without SLi, today I loose the RAID array I got it working this morning and carried on after backing up the latest versions of all the mission critical stuff, then it fell over again . So now i'm backing up all the STCC stuff, I dont dare power off so i'm backing up to one of the servers over the net (slow going!).

Then i'm going to risk the power off put another hard disk or two in and copy everything else over. I'd hate to loose all my Banshee stuff and have to rebuild it all again from the various scratched DVD's with numerous different versions etc. Lord knows where they are since I moved house anyway.
Ouch!
All servers just went down 4:00pm uk time
i guess they update it to server version X11 right now, so the crashing should finally stop
Hope so.
The CTRA is now being upgraded to X11, Scawens bug in the first version was causing a crash, Becky's just getting the sytem back up now.

EDIT - It seems there is an InSim bug which stops the CTRA system and LFS Lapper from working They are now temporarily DOWN
It seems there's a glitch with the new LFS version, we're holding off until we have news from Scawen as to whether this is a 5 minute thing or not. Stay tuned.
Scawen has identified the problem and we're expecting a fix soon.
Servers are back up
Down again
Um, actually, that was me. Windows RDC has a small issue with closing all connections when somebody logs on with a poor connection. Recently my connection has been playing up so when I log onto the server sometimes it boots everyone off. I'll try to do this less often now we have the new LFS which should not need so much monitoring.
I forgive you
#123 - Dru
so when is it back up?
It should not have gone down, only closed current connections. I will double check.
#125 - Dru
well it is down at the mo 17.30-17.50 hope its back up soon me gotta go hunt down a moose

Post HERE If the X-System is down
(769 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG