The online racing simulator
Round 6 Objections Thread
(32 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Lotesdelere :We're still waiting for a ruling about one of the points of our objection #1:
The dangerous exit from the garage, ignoring the drivers rolling on the pitlane who have the right of way.
Subon had to brake and to steer to the right to avoid contact.

We're still discussing this one and we should have a verdict on it shortly.

Quote :Not to mention that when Mogster pitted he stopped at the beginning of the pitlane, I believe in the 5th box. But when Scipy joined the track he spawned in the 2nd garage closest to the pit exit line.
Because of this behaviour Cyber saved the time rolling on the pitlane, about 8-9 seconds thus should have exited the pits behind Subon and Forbin.

This, however, is just down to the nature of LFS disconnects/rejoins--not a lot to be done about it. I'm not sure off the top of my head how long it took for Scipy to reconnect once Mogster lagged out, but it was surely close to the amount of time it would have taken him to complete his pitstop and get rolling (as evidenced by the fact that the CD car ended up exiting the pits at about the same time as the Cyber car, despite coming in in 2nd place).

We have the half-lap rule (#15.1) in place to prevent drivers from gaining time from disconnects and it works well in most situations. It's the best we can do until Scavier come up with better race management tools and solutions for disconnects.
Quote from Lotesdelere :Objection 1:
Cars: #18 ([CD]Subon) and #26 (cyber|scipy)
End of lap 31-Beginning of lap 32 / Time 57:02
In pitlane. Car #26 exits the garage on full acceleration without taking care of car #18 rolling on the pitlane, thus having the right, and almost hitting him.

We are denying this objection on the following basis:

While #26 was indeed somewhat reckless in exiting his pit stall, reckless driving that doesn't result in damage traditionally earns a warning rather than a penalty, as seen in the rules:

Quote :12) Drivers will not be automatically penalized for disregarding rules #8-#10. However, incidents that result from drivers’ failure to abide by these guidelines will result in a stop and go penalty (hereafter SG) for the offending driver.

Cyber Racing has been warned and any further incidents of this type will be punished.

The subject of track re-entry after a disconnect is another area that the rules previously failed to fully address, and a change will also be made there in preparation for Round 7. The admins are discussing this change and will post about it in the upcoming Round 7 Rules Changes thread.

Thanks.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :reckless driving that doesn't result in damage

There was no damage because Subon braked and steered to avoid contact. Not because Scipy was carefull enough, see the difference ?
(Crappy screenshots (with no AA/AF and low res textures because it's faster to forward the replays at 8-16X) are attached)

Quote from DeadWolfBones :This, however, is just down to the nature of LFS disconnects/rejoins--not a lot to be done about it. I'm not sure off the top of my head how long it took for Scipy to reconnect once Mogster lagged out, but it was surely close to the amount of time it would have taken him to complete his pitstop and get rolling (as evidenced by the fact that the CD car ended up exiting the pits at about the same time as the Cyber car, despite coming in in 2nd place).

FYI it took about 34 seconds to Cyber from the moment Mogster stopped to the pits to the moment Scipy exited the garage. It took about 29 seconds to CD and Core from the moment they stopped to the pits to the moment they restarted.
So we can assume Cyber lost about 5 seconds there but gained 4 seconds by non rolling through the pitlane thus should clearly have exited behind Subon and very close to Forbin.

To me rule #15 does make sense as it is. The driver who lost connection must be the one who reconnects and keep on driving for the team. Losing connection can be assimilated as a mechanical failure (eg suspension damage or tyres popped) so it's slowing down the car and you have to drive to the pits. If you can't do that, in our case reconnect, you're out of the race. This is the spirit of endurance as far as I understand it.
Because of rule #15 I have given instructions to my team to be sure to avoid any PC/connection troubles because I was sure that the driver losing his connection had to be the one who must reconnect and rejoin the track, which is logical to me.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not denying your ruling but the rules about disconnections have to be rewritten for the future and especially for the oval where the track is short and the pitlane quite long.
The MoE rules about disconnections should be taken as an example IMO. If you loose connection and reconnect in the same lap you have lost one lap.

I have to admit that I'm quite disappointed to see that the people not having PC troubles nor doing mistakes are paying the price of other teams troubles and mistakes. This can't stand like that. The rulings don't match with the written rules.
However I do know what organizing a league is, what dealing with the objections is, be sure that we appreciate your work and we enjoyed this race despite of all the troubles of all kind which occured
Attached images
IGTC-Scipy1.png
IGTC-Scipy2.png
How pray-tell can your teamates "try to avoid" internet/pc related disconnects?
Quote from srdsprinter :How pray-tell can your teamates "try to avoid" internet/pc related disconnects?

You can put as many chances as possible on your side
Of course an ISP / power / whatever failure can always happen but at least you know it's not your fault.

It worked, some of our drivers who are used to have a 'fragile' connection didn't have any trouble all evening/night long
Like how? You have no control if your power goes out, or you ISP drops you.

What could you possibly do to control or even "better your chances"?
Quote from Lotesdelere :There was no damage because Subon braked and steered to avoid contact. Not because Scipy was carefull enough, see the difference ?
(Crappy screenshots (with no AA/AF and low res textures because it's faster to forward the replays at 8-16X) are attached)

We know, and he has been warned.

Quote :
FYI it took about 34 seconds to Cyber from the moment Mogster stopped to the pits to the moment Scipy exited the garage. It took about 29 seconds to CD and Core from the moment they stopped to the pits to the moment they restarted.
So we can assume Cyber lost about 5 seconds there but gained 4 seconds by non rolling through the pitlane thus should clearly have exited behind Subon and very close to Forbin.

I'm not denying your mathematical abilities here but logically, cyber entered the pits first so should exit the pits first.

Quote :
To me rule #15 does make sense as it is. The driver who lost connection must be the one who reconnects and keep on driving for the team. Losing connection can be assimilated as a mechanical failure (eg suspension damage or tyres popped) so it's slowing down the car and you have to drive to the pits. If you can't do that, in our case reconnect, you're out of the race. This is the spirit of endurance as far as I understand it.
Because of rule #15 I have given instructions to my team to be sure to avoid any PC/connection troubles because I was sure that the driver losing his connection had to be the one who must reconnect and rejoin the track, which is logical to me.

I see your point but it has always been this way. Hardware issues are rarely avoidable whereas driving mistakes such as rolling are. Bare in mind it is the aim of the league rules to only punish drivers for driving errors.

Quote :
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not denying your ruling but the rules about disconnections have to be rewritten for the future and especially for the oval where the track is short and the pitlane quite long.
The MoE rules about disconnections should be taken as an example IMO. If you loose connection and reconnect in the same lap you have lost one lap.

I agree this is easier to rule but it is punishing good drivers for having hardware issues. Agreed it is fairly obvious that all the drivers should have capable PC's but sometimes it is out of your control to prevent disconnections or PC crashes. The current rules do punish for disconnections but on the other hand they at times do not.

Quote :
I have to admit that I'm quite disappointed to see that the people not having PC troubles nor doing mistakes are paying the price of other teams troubles and mistakes. This can't stand like that. The rulings don't match with the written rules.
However I do know what organizing a league is, what dealing with the objections is, be sure that we appreciate your work and we enjoyed this race despite of all the troubles of all kind which occured

They are hardly "paying the price" here. as i see it nothing was gained. However we see that there can be a gain thus we will be re-writing rules regarding disconnections.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG