#1 - Bean0
X-System Down on SS1
At time of posting, has been down for the past maybe 30mins.
Not sure about other servers.
It appears that the Race 2 dedi server had crashed. I've restarted it and launched X-System again.
Second crash caught this morning where an admin had inadvertantly used an SQL control code in somebodies admin message. When the admin message was updated with that person getting kicked for swearing the system self detected an error and shut down to preserve SQL integrity.

The problem is now sorted, although obviously i'll be solving the root cause next time I speak to all the admins
#4 - Bean0
Well, we can't complain about a response time like that
Hi!

Seems like the Race 2 has crashed again.
Thank you I have relaunched it and X-System. I dont really understand why an LFS dedi would crash - if it happens again i'll turn logging on and stuff and investigate in more detail.
That was quick again
hehe I'm just killing time at the moment, putting off some seriously hardcore insim programming until I see if i'm going to get this migraine or not. Of course I should leave the computer - but it's not bad enough for that yet. It's being caused by tiredness I think, there is a lot going on in the STCC at the moment, most of which I cannot talk about yet.

I've been making a fairly major development drive and already have two new pieces of software to show based on our X-technology, so i'm working on race management, league management, a new integrated web site and new broadcast technologies and trying to get everything ready for season 2 with a view to trialing some of these programs when making the remainder of season 1 which I hope to do soon.
uhh, migraines! i hate them, i am a sufferer also get around 3 every 2 weeks Best thing is to take some paracetamol
I used to get them quite a lot, it's an old racing injury of sorts... I was working at an indoor kart track and some idiot filled the karts up with leaded petrol (back in the day when you could still buy it) and then in the evening I was racing outdoors, but of course, in the exhaust stream of other karts - being outdoor they where all petrol.

By the end of the race I had become a little erratic, and a while after it finished starting running into problems with balance, by that night I was blind, dissorientated and extremely sick. I regained my sight gradually over the next week but was quite poorly in all for about 3 weeks. It had been caused by lead poisoning.

The migraines I get now are where my brain is damaged, I dont get them often any more but when I work too long hours or spend too long infront of a screen over a period of time then i'll get a small 'aftershock'.

It's been described to me as brain damage, but the brain adapts and works around it meaning that as that area of the brain is used less I get less migraines. These days I dont get them often at all, but when one occurs it becomes a perrenial problem for a while, what they call a cluster migraine where it keeps re-occuring.

I've had difficulty with spelling ever since too, I used to be superb at it but now I get words muddled, and some numbers. I'm really bad at the tense of words, i'll said an example like this. [deliberate] Although I am trying to get better at this.
Hello again!
Heh, seems to be having the same problem with Race 2 as before. It says can't get the track info. Once again.
Quote from niall09 :uhh, migraines! i hate them, i am a sufferer also get around 3 every 2 weeks Best thing is to take some paracetamol

I get them occasionally. Red wine and extreme heat/bright sunlight are what trigger me. They don't really happen often because I've learnt to avoid wine and don't really get them through the heat/light very often. Had one recently, but that was in Death Valley at 52 centigrade, not typical conditions for the UK thankfully, last one before that was about three years ago washing a white lorry on a hot and sunny day. It must be really annoying to get them frequently

Quote from Becky Rose :...

The best thing to do is to take paracetamol as soon as you get the visual aurora then lie down and try to go to sleep, making sure you refrain from trying to read, watch TV or concentrate on anything it only makes it worse. If you can do that you can get away with just a fairly uncomfortable sleep and minimized time loss of the day.
I've just 'lost connection to host' on SS1, not sure if its me or the server? Exactly the same happened to me yesterday on the SS1 server. Even at the same corner of the same track, talk about coincidence

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG