The online racing simulator
Quote from StableX :connect to it from the raceauthority website?

Yeah still the same result. Don't think it matters where you try to connect from if it can't get the track info from the lfs server or what not. But worth a try, thanks anyway.
Quote from StableX :Quick Question on the points and how that will work.

Obviously the UF1 is slow in comparison to the TBO so wont manage the same amount of laps. Does it work so that those in the lower classes still get points even if a lap down on the faster cars?

It did work this way all along and I'm sure it works like that with the UF1 as well. Becky more or less confirmed in another thread that it doesn't matter on any server if you finish a lap down. You still get points if you're within 108% and in the top 6-8 or so.
X-System supports true multi-class racing so it is not an issue.
Just raced on one of the South town circuits. Brilliant!!!! simply brilliant! loved racing the UF1 again, and with the aware gold and plat license holders in the faster cars, it worked great.

thanks. I think this is a great additional change! besides the fact I got 22 points
I had a bash on the all new Race 2 server tonight and had a blast

is the statement in the pic below true? or does the manager randomly choose the cars similar to B&J ?

I do miss the TBO's

SD.
Attached images
cut1.PNG
kinda true, it's

UF1 + TBO
or
GT2 + GTR
Yes but does it alternate between those 2 at track change or is it random?
Meaning is there a possibility it could stay GT2+GTR for 2 or 3 track changes in a row?

SD.
Its random on track change .
Quick question regarding big GTRs and GT2 class: What are intake restrictions and added weight for FXR, FZR and XRR?
It tells you when you get in the car. Note that it is subject to review at a later date.
Quote from Linsen :Quick question regarding big GTRs and GT2 class: What are intake restrictions and added weight for FXR, FZR and XRR?

If i remember correctly...

FXR - 36% Intake Restriction, 50KG Extra Weight (be sure to balance it correctly or you'll throw the cars handling off.. should be 58F 42R)

FZR - 28% Intake Restriction, No Weight added.

XRR - 36% Intake Restriction... +100kg

Hope that helps. (EDITED FOR ERROR ON XRR)
Quote from teedot :If i remember correctly...

FXR - 36% Intake Restriction, 50KG Extra Weight (be sure to balance it correctly or you'll throw the cars handling off.. should be 58F 42R)

FZR - 28% Intake Restriction, No Weight added.

XRR - 36% Intake Restriction... i dont think any added weight is needed... i may be wrong.

Hope that helps.

Thx .
Becky have you tried anything new with the RACE 2?
So has anything been tried yet, just to ask so i know to start looking the problem in my end.
Wow, usually I try to avoid complaining.. but as a Silver licence holder this is pretty lame. The only reason I bothered getting my licence to begin with is so I could take part in some competitive TBO racing, which most other servers avoid for some reason. Now I have to race STD (again!?) or GT2 (which makes no sense letting me drive full-blown race cars before their production counterparts) to earn my Gold licence? I just tried racing on Race 1, which was completely full, and Race 2 where I was the only Silver licenced driver (and thus was racing myself in a UF1... which quickly got old). I'm not happy about the amalgamation, but I'm pretty pissed about randomly being shut-out of the TBO class, which again is the reason I took part in the STCC/CTRA project to begin with. Oh well, take my opinion for what it's worth... I understand it's your servers and your project, but I just wanted to tell my side of the story.
Quote from XenoWolf :Wow, usually I try to avoid complaining.. but as a Silver licence holder this is pretty lame. The only reason I bothered getting my licence to begin with is so I could take part in some competitive TBO racing, which most other servers avoid for some reason. Now I have to race STD (again!?) or GT2 (which makes no sense letting me drive full-blown race cars before their production counterparts) to earn my Gold licence? I just tried racing on Race 1, which was completely full, and Race 2 where I was the only Silver licenced driver (and thus was racing myself in a UF1... which quickly got old). I'm not happy about the amalgamation, but I'm pretty pissed about randomly being shut-out of the TBO class, which again is the reason I took part in the STCC/CTRA project to begin with. Oh well, take my opinion for what it's worth... I understand it's your servers and your project, but I just wanted to tell my side of the story.

Firstly, sorry for bumping the topic, but I haven't been on the LFS sites for a while due to exams etc.

Anywho, I very much agree with the TBO issue. As a bronze licence holder, I was very much looking forward to being able to race TBO cars on getting a silver licence.

I'm not sure what the points gap is between silver and gold, but IIRC it is quite large. This means that, initially due to the new points system it's going to take longer to get there, (I'm not knocking the new system, I do agree it should be harder to earn points than before) and now that I won't be able to drive the class I'm much more at home racing with on getting silver, it's going to take much much longer. Before, I wasn't really too bothered about not being able to earn gold for a while as I would have been able to race my favourite class on silver. I also find it a strange decision to allow people to race GT cars before the road versions.

I'm quite surprised there wasn't a public vote on denying silver racers access to TBO, as the stats DO have a vote and they don't affect the racing in any way.

I was going to suggest before reading about the denial of driving TBO for silver racers that blocking gold+ (maybe even silver+??) drivers from Race1 would force a proportion of drivers to the other servers - where they could have still raced STD class if they prefer - and also allow the people who enjoy racing TBOs, who were put off due to a lack of racers, to do so on a less empty server. (the latter being an issue I've heard from several people.)

I do like the return of the UF1, but not that its the only choice on the higher servers for silver drivers for what's probably going to average half the time.
It might seem a little illogical in some ways, but there are a few constraints and making the road car tier work in any kind of logical way is a bit difficult.

Firslty, the first tier is an S1 server. We want to support S1 ever since Scawen asked for hosts to do so, we're fulfilling this request and I think it is important that we continue to do so else S1 racers would have nowhere to go.

The UF1 only works on S2, so we've had to put that on the second tier. Because of our other tiers we can no longer run two first tier servers just for the road cars as there aren't enough racers available.

The Race 2 server is designed for silver racers, so logically speaking the UF1 has to be silver. When the server is in GT mode we therefore have to make the GT2's silver.

Because of the amalgamation there is then nothing for gold licenced drivers, so we've raised TBO to be for gold licenced drivers, and left the GTR's as platinum for the very top racers to use.

It might seem illogical that you can drive a GT2 before a road car, but it's not all about speed, mostly its about the above but think of it this way. GT2's are faster, but our TBO racing - whilst available at 'club' level elsewhere - on our servers is a premier series.

Our STCC league will still be TBO based next season, and that's a point, I am now announcing for the first time I think publicly that the STCC will continue. I am currently working on new software for it and expect to be about a month making all the new tools and website, all this is leading somewhere but it's too early for me to say exactly where at the moment.
Quote from Degats :
I'm not sure what the points gap is between silver and gold, but IIRC it is quite large. This means that, initially due to the new points system it's going to take longer to get there, (I'm not knocking the new system, I do agree it should be harder to earn points than before) and now that I won't be able to drive the class I'm much more at home racing with on getting silver, it's going to take much much longer. Before, I wasn't really too bothered about not being able to earn gold for a while as I would have been able to race my favourite class on silver. I also find it a strange decision to allow people to race GT cars before the road versions.

Yes, the points gap between the two is big enough, but its much easier to get loads of points on race2. if you win your class and get a good laptime (in silver) you would be getting 50 points and up. if you are consistent, you will score well
Thanks for the reply, Becky

I fully agree that the CTRA has to have an S1 server as it seems to be pretty much the only thing keeping the S1 online community alive.

I remember before CTRA closed for the X upgrade there was a dedicated S2 UF1 server, but it was rarely busy - although very fun while it was - so it doesn't really make much sense keeping it.

I've just been playing around with a few possible combinations to make the server have 3 combinations instead of 2. Best I came up with was UF1+STD, TBO+LF, GT2+GTR which isn't great so I can see the difficulty with getting a good combo. Still disappointed about TBO being gold+ tho

Good to hear the STCC will continue especially with the TBO class. Looking forward to the round 8 broadcast
Quote from Degats :I remember before CTRA closed for the X upgrade there was a dedicated S2 UF1 server, but it was rarely busy - although very fun while it was - so it doesn't really make much sense keeping it.

I remember the uf1 server as being one of the busiest servers
So do I, actually - I think the newer S2 licencees wanting to get away from the XFG and XRG outweighed the S1 licencees who still had to use them. Not to mention that the UF1 server had a higher capacity, and was more fun

It was almost always more full than the S1 server, as I remember it.

As for the main issue, it does seem rather odd to let us loose on the GT2-class cars before the turbo roadcars, but I do see your point entirely, Becky. It's pretty clear that there's really not another viable option, and as you say, TBO always was the highest level available, and the only thing that should change that is the full-frontal GTR cars. Anyway, TBO-racing is more of a fine art than GT2 racing

Sam
GT2 racing is the best! so close

I feel like i have been spamming this all day long, am i right in saying that?
Quote from niall09 :GT2 racing is the best! so close

I feel like i have been spamming this all day long, am i right in saying that?

indeed, you did
the amalgamation has been excellent. I even managed to do an ollie over the famous Lord after the race going backwards.

I did a backward wheelie and lifted over the bonnet
Attached images
Crazy-Muppet.jpg
famous?

but hell yeah that was great! i think ctra needs new category: trick-shot

you would lead it for sure!
I have to say I have been having alot of fun on the new improved Race 2 server. The GT2 class is a blast with the restricted GTRs. Alot of fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG