The online racing simulator
Test Race - Aston North results
Here are the results of the test race for now. Official results will come later.
Attached images
results1.jpg
Was having a good race, safely in 4th, then got disconnected along with a few others. Was enjoying it until then. That wind is a bitch...:heyjoe67_
I wish I had practiced more for this race (damn you CTRA), because it was only at the end of the race that I had actually figures out the track.

Despite that and the disco problems I still enjoyed it and was especially impressed with the restraint shown early on.

lookign forward to the first race now!
After a bad Q from my part, just dident get i together, i got disconnected on the first ore second lap. But, the first lap was really fun, may sound stupid, but it was intense and fun to se the grid leave and pushing it the first laps. Hopfully the problems with disconnecting ends soon, then, this will be so fun!
Despite the fact that I was fairly drunk, with no practice and without a race set I still had fun though. Shame I didnt know the tyres would last 35 laps, even with a burning qualifying setup I had.

A few negative things to mention aswell, as it was a testrace to test this stuff. A lot of chatting and talking during the race and I think during the qualifying aswell. I know the block feature is there for use, but some people really arent fond of it.

The second thing I didnt like was the no-shows and lack of a proper server. Lot of discos at the start, which really ruined most of the fun and excitement early on.

Nontheless, somehow I really like the idea of a fo8 league, since I think the car is great atm, sound, behaviour etc. I think this league could use some more promotion, like in the lfs-news and other forums to attract the bigger crowd and thus more experienced drivers to make the fun even funner. Will keep an eye on this one. Good luck.

EDIT:
Another thing I wanted to mention was the wind. Even though I also think it adds something extra to the races and feeling, Its still not really realistic enough for me. Especially the formula cars act rather strangely to the wind, even if its a really low one. Thats just me - but I wouldnt use wind in the coming league races. I dont think LFS simulates it very well at the moment. At least not yet.
Quote from MacEST :Despite the fact that I was fairly drunk, with no practice and without a race set I still had fun though. Shame I didnt know the tyres would last 35 laps, even with a burning qualifying setup I had.

A few negative things to mention aswell, as it was a testrace to test this stuff. A lot of chatting and talking during the race and I think during the qualifying aswell. I know the block feature is there for use, but some people really arent fond of it.

The second thing I didnt like was the no-shows and lack of a proper server. Lot of discos at the start, which really ruined most of the fun and excitement early on.

Nontheless, somehow I really like the idea of a fo8 league, since I think the car is great atm, sound, behaviour etc. I think this league could use some more promotion, like in the lfs-news and other forums to attract the bigger crowd and thus more experienced drivers to make the fun even funner. Will keep an eye on this one. Good luck.

EDIT:
Another thing I wanted to mention was the wind. Even though I also think it adds something extra to the races and feeling, Its still not really realistic enough for me. Especially the formula cars act rather strangely to the wind, even if its a really low one. Thats just me - but I wouldnt use wind in the coming league races. I dont think LFS simulates it very well at the moment. At least not yet.

Thanks for that. I must say I agree with you.

First of all the wind wasn't a succes. With the FOX I experienced no problems, but with the FO8 it feels a lot different. I think I will turn wind off for the season.

Good point you mention the chatting. I've got an idea in my mind to do something about that. Something like a penalty when you do chat..

I'll try to do something about the server aswell. This clearly wasn't a succes.

Thanks for that, and if anybody else has something to comment, please let me know.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG