The online racing simulator

Poll : Wind on? / No instant pitting allowed

Instant pitting should NOT BE allowed
Wind should be ON
Wind should be OFF
Instant pitting SHOULD BE allowed
A few ideas about realism
There are a few ideas I'd like to discuss with you:

First idea is the wind option. Do you think we should use wind? Personally I think it will add much to the racing. Every lap will be different, and drivers need to be more carefull. However, I haven't tested the wind option very well with the FO8. Since it is not the easiest car there is, it might be too hard for some. If there will be wind, it won't be heavy wind tho.

Second, I was thinking about not allowing shift+p (instant pitting). When a crash occurs, a driver is not allowed to pit instantly. Other drivers will have to avoid the wrecked cars. And if 40% of the field crashes, the Race Direction may decide there will be a restart, with the crashed cars starting at the back of the grid.

Some things that are already decided:
- The reset option will be off.
- No forced cockpit, every user is allowed to use the view he likes. Although we don't recommend the chase view.

Please vote twice: for the wind and for the instant pitting. And explain your votes in this thread.

Oh, and please.. Only for the people who actually race..
Ok, why with all those vote is there no replies/explanations??? Never mind, here goes..

No wind for me as I've never tried it and I'm a pussy...

No Insta Pit as I think it should be realistic and only pussy's insta pit...

I sense a sense of contradiction here
I don't feel very strongly either way about wind, as long as the the windspeed is low.

As far as instant pitting, I think it should probably be allowed during qualifying, but definately not during races.
Quote from Cappy333 :I don't feel very strongly either way about wind, as long as the the windspeed is low.

As far as instant pitting, I think it should probably be allowed during qualifying, but definately not during races.

Yes, you're right. I'm talking about the race here, for the no instant pitting option. In qualifying it should be possible, since that's only 20 minutes.

I voted for no instant pit, I like the idea that anything can happen in the race. When a crash happens there can be a SC situation, and the Race Direction tells the drivers to press shift+p (to jump in the T-car).

About the wind, I voted for wind on, this way the track feels a bit different every lap, making it more interesting. And also, adaptivity is a driver skill.
I voted for some wind. It was on with the CTRA Single Seater server last night and it made things very interesting. It was interesting and I think it helped me against the fast guys some of whom struggled to adapt their braking points.

Also voted for no-pit. If you're out then you're out and hopefully that will encourage people to be a bit more careful.
I voted for wind and no pitting. But i do think reset should only be used if the car is in an extremely dangerous position. E.G. Cars just aquaplaning and flying of the track from the European Grand Prix. Something like that.
Quote from Dalek0220 :I voted for wind and no pitting. But i do think reset should only be used if the car is in an extremely dangerous position. E.G. Cars just aquaplaning and flying of the track from the European Grand Prix. Something like that.

Well, you voted, but I don't see you on the driverslist? Are you still gonna join? I'm thinking about not counting the people that are not gonna drive (including myself)... If that makes any difference.
Hello Darkone, voted for none wind and no pit, but the more i think about the wind i think it is a good idea, but i dont want a hurricane on the track And darkone, i will sign up. Will in fact go in a race some today, but I was in yesterday to and then the server was totaly emty, peaple, drive! Only one practice day left!
Quote from Darkone55 :Well, you voted, but I don't see you on the driverslist? Are you still gonna join? I'm thinking about not counting the people that are not gonna drive (including myself)... If that makes any difference.

Kinda thinking that now...
This thread is closed

A few ideas about realism
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG