The online racing simulator
Single Seater
(119 posts, started )
Just in case I didn't make my point clearly I like the challenge the wind gives and wouldn't for one second want to get rid of it (well, as long as it's not a ridiculous 50mph gale or something). I'm just saying that most people never drive with wind on and even experienced drivers have trouble with it, so it's no surprise new drivers can't cope.
Quote from amp88 :Just in case I didn't make my point clearly I like the challenge the wind gives and wouldn't for one second want to get rid of it (well, as long as it's not a ridiculous 50mph gale or something). I'm just saying that most people never drive with wind on and even experienced drivers have trouble with it, so it's no surprise new drivers can't cope.

Agreed. I was on the other day at WE1 and pretty much every car went off at turn 4 (90deg banked right hander) because the wind was blowing across it. Made us all look like a buncha n00bs.

Of course, next lap it got better. And better yet the lap after that. We just need to learn to anticipate it better, and look for the flags, etc.
I just tested the hampered FOX for a few laps around FE3. I used a setup that was developed for a full-blown FOX, and I'm not the fastest racer out there, but you're more likely to get power oversteer in a UF1 than in a FOX with those restrictions. It's dull, boring, dull, boring and slow -- in that order. So, since the goal is to minimize carnage on the ss-server, I think the restrictions will achieve it, 'cause where nobody's racing, nobody's wrecking, I guess .
Great idea Becky =)

I would like the wind to stay too. I think your right too Becky in saying that not many people have had experience in racing many tracks in the FOX or any single seater for that matter so there will be a steep learning curve for most people.
Haven't read all of the reply's here but there is something I would like to add:

Whenever I run into a backmarker on the straight and eventually pass him sometimes they quickly get into my slipstream and them trying to overtake me. It's usually me who brakes a bit more to make sure he doesn't crash me off track. I even lost races cause of backmarkers doing this and eventually crash into me.
Quote from Rikje :Haven't read all of the reply's here but there is something I would like to add:

Whenever I run into a backmarker on the straight and eventually pass him sometimes they quickly get into my slipstream and them trying to overtake me. It's usually me who brakes a bit more to make sure he doesn't crash me off track. I even lost races cause of backmarkers doing this and eventually crash into me.

From what your describing this could be helped with a wrecker report so we can let these people know that this is not good practice to try to use a slipstream to pass someone a lap ahead of them in this manner. It's one thing for a lapped person to pass someone but another when trying to repass like this and it shouldn't happen.
It's a circumstance that's actually covered in the $blue rules page too.
#108 - Dru
Hey Becky,

Just a report back that the cicuits used last night in rotation seemed to help a great deal.

Over the course of the evening we did aston cadet, fe gold ky national, then fe gold again (bug maybe or is it random?)

anyhow the racing was much better but there was a different mix of drivers on there of all levels.

So i guess its the same old story of it really does come down to the drivers on the server and i guess its just a matter of time that we weed out the 'bad' drivers or give time that the drivers who do not know/abide/ignore the rules take time to adapt.

Regards,

Dru.
The new rule of only being able to mid race join 1 time has had a huge impact (pun not intended :razz in reducing accidents as far as i could tell.

Great idea
hi guys,,just wanted to ask you becky if you could do something about people changing tracks before the current race has ended,,today in single seaters i was in a great battle for first and i had just passed in the last bend on we1r to take the place when the race ended just as i crossed the line and so there was no result,,now i dont know if the system gave me any points or recorded the win,,only my second one by the way,,just seams cruel to raceso hard just so some drivers who dont like the combo( i believe it was a wind issue this time) to spoil the race for those that were trying to get on with it and maybe learn something,,just asking as i dont think this behavior is very sportsmanlike,,still at least most of the madness has stoped,,thanks becky,,
Well you can check your $stats to see if the win registered, also for future reference the $results page can be called up at any time and shows the last race finish .

As for stopping votes, well, it 'could' be done - but there is a lot of circumstances to consider. I once implemented vote blocking before on endurance days only to find that it caused problems after a system restart - there's so many circumstances and data states to take into consideration that it's quite fiddly to do properly, it's a lot of work for something that is fortunately very rare.

Anyway, it sounds like the server was full of wusses who couldnt take a bit of wind, it sounds like you where better off moving server and racing with real racing drivers rather than those pansies!
thanks becky,,i understand what your saying and it is pretty rare,,and i did move servers,,although i must admit i wussed out of ky2 with high wind today,,couldnt keep it on track and there was a chance of me causing probs ,,but at least i left and didnt sit there crying about it,,thanks for replying,,cya on track
Quote from maddmaff :thanks becky,,i understand what your saying and it is pretty rare,,and i did move servers,,although i must admit i wussed out of ky2 with high wind today,,couldnt keep it on track and there was a chance of me causing probs ,,but at least i left and didnt sit there crying about it,,thanks for replying,,cya on track

he came to my server and cried about there so we kicked him
Quote from StableX :he came to my server and cried about there so we kicked him

LMAO, good one....

Isn't wind random per race? I've raced Blackwood in XFG where one race we were hitting 120+ mph down the straight, and the next race we were having trouble breaking 100. Is it not random per race in SS? No need to leave because of a little wind. Just wait for the next race.
IIRC the wind is randomized for each race with the cloud cover and track config set on rotation. I thought there was a lap randomization for each race too but I can't remember 100%.
Quote from mrodgers :

Isn't wind random per race?

no! If you eat two tins of baked beans, you can find wind increases to 46 mph!
stable are you mad!!,,i didnt moan on nobodys server,,but if thats a joke then sorry,,my humor is non exitent right now,,plus i dont know you so dont joke about me please
I'm going to hazard a guess that he was joking.....
Thought the english were famous for it... how wrong can you be

Single Seater
(119 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG