The online racing simulator
Reported the wrong racer
Hi,

This morning i was on the Bump & Jump server and there was one racer that annoyed me and several other people.
He was a good reason for me to try out the new report system

But now i just found out, by looking up the reported username in LFS World, that in the screen to make the report i clicked the wrong person
I know that others also made a report and in the replay can be seen who it really was, i just wanna make sure nobody gets blamed who was not doing wrong things

Is there anyway (besides here) to message the admins of CTRA?
I could not find anything on the CTRA website to send this message.

Grtz Rico
Your report has been returned to you - could you put the correct driver's name in and resubmit please?

For the time being, this is as good a place as any to get in touch.
Thanks!

I just rechecked the replay and it turns out that i actually clicked the right person, i got confused because when i was at work checking LFS World it does not show laps/races won on an autocross layout I did not realize that untill now

I will resubmit the report

Thanks & Greetings,

Rico
I was involved in an incident that i wish to report, but cant find the replay on the server as it happened last night
I saved the replay myself. Is it possible to manually submit reports still?
Quote from Christofire :

For the time being, this is as good a place as any to get in touch.

I submitted a report last night and I reported the right racer, but their were others involved too. I think there should be a way to report more than one name at a time. I also wanted to send in the replay from a couple of races to show their total disregard for the rules. Is this possible or do they all have to be seperate reports? Thanks for all your time and effort everyone at CTRA.
If you create another report having just done one you should find the details are all still there (I think) and you can just change the driver name - this should allow you to raise multiple reports.

Because the reports get tied to the reporting and reported driver it is not possible to raise a single report against multiple drivers. With this system it is easy to see the status of any individual reported incident.
OK thanks

In this instance if you at CTRA watch the replay or the previous replays you will be able to pick out the offending drivers no problem. How far back does the server save replays?
The server will show you the last 25 replays. However, admins under no circumstances are ever, ever, ever, going to go hunt the replay.

We get a lot of 'might be the replay after' and stuff, which just means the reportee didnt bother to check the replay themselves, it makes me wonder why they think the admin should have to do so when they have 1 or 2 dozen a day to deal with? As it happens we do check the submitted replay, but if its the wrong one then it's just dismissed.
#9 - DeKo
suppose i might aswell post in this topic aswell.

Can an admin like return my report to me? At the end of the race i went to report somebody, and i clicked replay, submitted fine. only thing is, i clicked the top replay, that said "last race", assumed that was the race i just raced in, but when i went to review the replay there its the wrong one.

Sorry about me being a div, ill get it right next time, honest .

Ive attached the proper replay, the start of lap 17 for me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0pw6k
Quote from DeKo :Can an admin like return my report to me?

Done. It'd be best if you can work out which report is the correct one and get it back to us.
#11 - DeKo
Quote from Christofire :Done. It'd be best if you can work out which report is the correct one and get it back to us.

Cheers, sorted myself out and resubmitted it. Thanks, and again, sorry for being such a div and not paying attention
Quote from DeKo :At the end of the race i went to report somebody, and i clicked replay, submitted fine. only thing is, i clicked the top replay, that said "last race", assumed that was the race i just raced in, but when i went to review the replay there its the wrong one.

Yea I did this too, I had a report sent back as the driver I was reporting wasnt even in the replay I submitted (the "last race"). I'm going to assume that "last race" replay is not for the race just finished, but for the race prior to the one you are just starting.

ie. the replay for the race you just finished is not saved until the next race has restarted. Is this correct?
Yup, it cant be any other way. LFS saves the replay when the next race starts, so 'last race' refers to the last saved replay - the last complete race. Just because you've finished doesnt mean the race is over .
I also made something wrong while reporting:

I thought the timestamp time in my replay (was 19:21) is the same
as in the CTRA stored replay files (showed also 19:21).

But I was wrong so I picked the wrong replay. The real one was 19:33

So please delete Report ID # 296

Sorry for the extra work I caused :ashamed:
I have to admit I found the whole selection of the replay from the server a bit confusing, and stuffed it up the only two times I've tried to do it (but corrected it before submitting). I understand why you're doing it this way, though.
Earlier today i've tried to make the 'last race' clearer on the report screen, hopefully that will help.
thanks for that one..i have done the same and had the report dismised and was really disapointed ,the guy was disgracefull,,,glad i understant it was my wrong reporting ,and not admin thinking i was wrong,,i'll make sure next time,,
something like offtopic in this thread, but post it anyway: am i right, but there is no possibility to get the report number of a report a player has done within the MyCTRA-part of the homepage? if so, could it be possible to include the report-number in the details of a report ?

thx
Quote from haelje :something like offtopic in this thread, but post it anyway: am i right, but there is no possibility to get the report number of a report a player has done within the MyCTRA-part of the homepage? if so, could it be possible to include the report-number in the details of a report ?

thx

On the CTRA website:
When you move the mouse over the reported player then you can see the link adress / or when you clicked on the reported player to see the details of a report then you also see an adress like this (hxxp://www.raceauthority.com/myctra/report_a.asp?ReportID=296) in your browser adress bar
with the ID at the end.

Anyway would be easier for some to also have an ID field in the details
Can you remove a report if you decide that it maybe wassnt so bad anyway... ?
Quote :Can you remove a report if you decide that it maybe wassnt so bad anyway... ?

If the report is only filed in your personal archive, yes. Once submitted however it is too late to retract it.
Quote from mike20002 :Can you remove a report if you decide that it maybe wassnt so bad anyway... ?

No. Once it's submitted, it's submitted (i.e. once you've pressed the submit button). If you're not sure about a report/replay then you shouldn't submit it.

We're putting a lot of faith into you all to make sure that the reports you submit have the right replays, a good description, the correct lap where the incident occurred and that the incident is worth reporting. All this helps us to keep the servers clean and the racing at the high quality that you expect.

We want you to report things, but we do need you to make sure each report is about an incident worth a report. That part is your call.
ok...
-
(Mauni) DELETED by Mauni

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG