The online racing simulator
League 'userbars' - have one?
(193 posts, started )
yeah just make them like the other ones on the forum.
hey krammeh, you know my username is cut off in the ltc sigs

Any chance the Road Sport Summer Cup userbars can be used?

Attached here >
Attached images
RSSC_RAC.2.jpg
RSSC_FZ5.2.jpg
Bump?, anybody?, would be nice to have these before the season finishes LOL
You need to give me urls to where they can be found - i won't host them myself.

And I'm a bit disappointed where this is going to with the static userbars, rather than the dynamic and personalised ones this all started with.
I see no mention of "dynamic" userbars, not really sure what you mean by "dymanic"?, how would you make dynamic user bars for a league?, what sort of information could lead to them being dynamic?.

I'll see if I can get the bars hosted.......
Nice userbars when can they be used ?
Me wonders if he cares
#62 - SamH
Dynamic images are basically images that change with circumstances. With the CTRA bars, as you graduate to a new licence it dynamically affects the userbar displayed on the forum.

Becky and I designed userbars that would do that, and also add a rendered image to the userbar, of the last car you raced with, even wearing the skin you used on it.. but sadly our server's graphics card isn't capable of instantiating the 3D rendering environment required to run that program. We'll have to wait for a hardware upgrade
Quote from SamH :Dynamic images are basically images that change with circumstances. With the CTRA bars, as you graduate to a new licence it dynamically affects the userbar displayed on the forum.

Becky and I designed userbars that would do that, and also add a rendered image to the userbar, of the last car you raced with, even wearing the skin you used on it.. but sadly our server's graphics card isn't capable of instantiating the 3D rendering environment required to run that program. We'll have to wait for a hardware upgrade

I can see we can get the userbars already Sam... is there a link to be able to get the code for the forum sigs?

how did you get yours to show with what code?
Quote from SamH :Dynamic images are basically images that change with circumstances. With the CTRA bars, as you graduate to a new licence it dynamically affects the userbar displayed on the forum.

And with the two rssc userbars, there would have to be 2 bbcode tags to support them both. More ideal would be that in the bbcode you can indicate your username and the dynamic image loader hosted by the league will automatically select which car that racer in question is driving.

For example if danowat drives the rac in the league,
[rssc]danowat[/rssc] would show the image of the rssc userbar with the rac.

And similarly, if GFresh would drive the fz5,
[rssc]GFresh[/rssc] would show the fz5 userbar.

Without this dynamic generation, there would have to be 2 separate bbcodes, as said above :
[rssc_rac][/rssc_rac]
[rssc_fz5][/rssc_fz5]

This is less nice to have. Certainly if a league would have even more cars.

EDIT : ok, this can also be done like : [rssc]fz5[/rssc], but again, it's less nice than user-personal ones. But if that's not possible, i can add the userbar using this method.
#65 - SamH
perfect - thanks Mr Sam.
#67 - SamH
Dan, if you want to make your images dynamic, I'll host and write the supporting database and code so that you've got something extensible to work with. I've just done a week of CTRA coding.. I could do with a change of scenery Lemme know
Sounds nice to me Sam, I would certainly appreciate it
Quote from SamH :Dan, if you want to make your images dynamic, I'll host and write the supporting database and code so that you've got something extensible to work with. I've just done a week of CTRA coding.. I could do with a change of scenery Lemme know

Just thinking ahead here, but as there is an upcoming Winter cup (RSWC), would there be an easy way to make it load a different image for that, without having to change the userbar code. The way i'm thinking is that the code containing your name would automatically look up to see if you were racing in the summer or winter cup, then load the appropriate image. So [RSSC]GFresh[/RSSC] would even show the bar for the RSWC when it's active.
Just thinking it would save us having to bother Victor again in a few months when the Winter cup starts.

Thanks for your help.
#70 - SamH
Yep, can do

I went and landed myself another big chunk of "pressing" code, which being the OCD kinda person I am has consumed most of today. I'll get a rudimentary but very usable interface going tomorrow for you to feed with information.
Nice one sir
Thank you Sam, much appreciated
#73 - SamH
Vic, the RSSC userbar site is up and running. If you could create the tag [rssc] and point it to http://rssc.raceauthority.com that would be great.

Dan has the info he needs to add dynamic content
Quote from SamH :Vic, the RSSC userbar site is up and running. If you could create the tag [rssc] and point it to http://rssc.raceauthority.com that would be great.

Dan has the info he needs to add dynamic content

what would be the filename to load on http://rssc.raceauthority.com (ie. the full url) ? And the tag would contain a username like [rssc]danowat[/rssc] ?

League 'userbars' - have one?
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG