The online racing simulator

Poll : How many times do must you pit in 15 laps ?

Closed since :
0x don't have tyre problem
1x rather change tyres for 2 fast stints
3x ..bloody tyres !
2x can't drive red tyres
Wondering..
Hello fellow racers,

I'm in the middle of my exams now and don't have much testing time, but I try to race everyday after studying (stress off ) to race a bit at FE5-RB4. Now I've some several setups given to me by friendly guys (thanks again!) but I notice I have with every setup the same damn problem: after 3 laps my right front tyre is red and I lose complete grip on track (have to take turns 20km/H slower and going waaay too wide, resulting in 2 secs slower laps). I drove a quick 15 lap AI race and had to pit 3 times, quiet much in a 15 lap race. Anyone has same problem ? Anyone has suggestions to fix it ? Setup issue or just my driving style (using kb) ? Would be helpfull since I'll just will drive the race to drive it out..but finishing as high as possible is always nice Poll is anonymous btw, don't worry !
Quote :just my driving style (using kb)

Bingo.

You trash the road supers in three laps? Ever tried racing the XF GTR on R2 tyres?

^my tyres after 5 laps... Don't even make me do 15 laps with no pit illepall
I saw with other racers that the right front also gets red (what is normal) but not such bright red and not so badly on the edge of tyres, more the tyre itself graduatly.

Android you think it's my driving style ? Hmmm.. I wouldn't have any clue how I could take turns more tyre-friendly
#4 - ORION
With your setup I was also around 78/79 as max temps, but I think a different set can change this...
Depends on the car and circuit. I can run the FWDs all day at circuits with a nice even surface but with the RWDs I tend to cook the rears quite early. Did I hear that changing the diff can help preserve the rears?
Quote from GianniC :Android you think it's my driving style ? Hmmm.. I wouldn't have any clue how I could take turns more tyre-friendly

The easiest solution is probably a wheel

What you could try on the setup:
  • More front (right) tyre pressure
  • More front locking (if the front tyres spin too much?)
  • Torque split way to the rear (25%), so the front tyres don't have to do so much work. Granted, if you like an understeering FWD-like setup, that'd be gone with this setting.
  • Soften the brakes enough to make sure you rarely/never lock up the wheels
Quote from ORION :With your setup I was also around 78/79 as max temps, but I think a different set can change this...

But I'm at 10° higher, and the red wasn't so bright with you..
Changing setups didn't really worked, more pressure doesn't help also (it is at FE rallycros - RB4, srry forgot to mention that). I'll try that torque thingy.. Since brakes don't lock up I can skip that. My last hope, otherwise it will be 3 stopper Thanks for helping me out
Ohh, it's rallycross. Failed to realise that :doh:

You can still try the locking, but beware that may greatly affect the handling of your car.
#9 - bbman
I tweaked my setup several times... Now I can get to 9th lap without getting them really hot... In 9th, it's already orange color all the way though... Maybe, if I keep it low, I might be able to race all the 15 laps without pitting...

As for me, I found it very useful to stiffen the ARB's a bit...
ARB's ?
Anti Roll bars
He said FE5 in the RB4 right?

That means he is doing a RallyX track, so yes.... the tires heat up pretty quick in RallyX, especially hybrids which are fastest at that track AND heat up very quickly. Nothing much you can do about it, unless you want to drive slower.
Quote from GianniC :ARB's ?

ARB's reduce the weight redistribution insignificantly. Even with maximal stiff ARB the outside wheels are loaded several times more that the inside.
Thanks for help. Since I'm having exams and kinda a time issue I'm just going to try to finish the race

Will be and illepall enough already
Don't worry GC, it'll be alright... Just keep the car on the wheels and stay on the track... I myself just wish it was over already, I like one thing (rally or track) way more than mixing both...
Well I found 2 solutions:

-highering the suspension to 134 Front 138 Rear

-asking Orion for further help Thanks man for helping, however my driving was bad in the race and the pitting didn't worked at all, well at least didn't have a drive-through

Wondering..
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG