The online racing simulator
Event5, FE RallyCross
Grids are now on the site

...and: keep further conversation about the event in here, please
Good luck everyone !
Hope my tyres manage and I can keep my 1st OLFSL event clean and crashfree! Tho I'm happy I don't have to start 1st or in middle of the pack.. /me hopes to sneak through when the others 're fighting
#3 - bbman
I think, how would you pass an opponent when he's sliding on the dust, covering most of the track? No, I am sure, there will be no such race this weekend you can call crash-free... Maybe just crash for free...
Quote from bbman :I think, how would you pass an opponent when he's sliding on the dust, covering most of the track? No, I am sure, there will be no such race this weekend you can call crash-free... Maybe just crash for free...

Spread your racing talent Being fast isn't everything.
Good luck to everyone. May your tires not let you down.
hmmm...tires, havent really tested how much they can take, must take slow and steady
We tested this aftenoon for a couple of full lenght races and found that laptimes slowed for about 3-4 seconds after five laps

But if you drive slower from the start you might able to keep tires temp low, and finish without pitting, assuming you wont crash anything

[LSR]Tomo
[LSR]SparHawk
#8 - t1ger
I tested this morning using the AI for 15 laps, and I ended up 1 lap ahead of them all but with a very damaged car and a fastest lap nowhere near my hotlap!

This is going to be very interesting!!

Tim
apopolgies to three jump
hi guys
just like to appolgise to three jump for coming across the front of him in race 1 pool2.... very sorry m8, did'ent realise how badly my car was damaged after being hit twice...

VERY VERY SORRY !!

[400] ALZY.
no problem alzy, thats racing

My ISP seemed to have something against me anyway so I was kicked out of both races... :banghead:
I moron lost 4th place in second race due to no more fuel... :banghead:

And to GrandSurf: Sry again... Glad to see you suffered no loss from it... (Partly because of me rolling out... )
Race 1:
Wow what a start I had , starting place 13, after 1 lap I went to 5th place ! Passed some guys, some guys spun, but..that's a nice climb anyway. But man man man, my heart, I think my life just has shortened a whole year! My heart was beating like hell, really loud, like my radio was playing some techno! So, things went bad too, can't exactly remember all, feeling bit dizzy now (no jk), here's the short version:

13->5->12

Had to do 2 pit stops, bit in pit stop 1 my tyres didn't change, best lap 1.15 only. Then last lap for me I ran out of fuel, someone (after some begging and arguing with Mrs Fiendi) someone pushed me to finish. No concecences if nobody complaints about it so, that will be a 12th spot.

Barely taken a breath race 2 started, the lag (a lot of lag !) the dust, and everything bit dizzy the race didn't go also as planned, started 12th, did 4 laps..bam, collided with FienDi while exitting last turn. Pitted, lost 34 secs, drove on, pitted few laps later (strange, my tyres in praccy kept 7 laps good (tweaked set with help of Orion>wherefor thanks again my buddy ) but in the race it was completly red and 97°C!! atfer 4 laps..) and drove out the race, finishing 12th.

Another strange thing is, if I drive 1 lap it says fuel usage: 1.7/lap
When I can in 2nd sector it says one time: 1.8/lap, other time 1.9/lap..... -> fuel/lap changes about how your times are or ?
Always thought it was 1 rate for whole race.

In despite of the bad result, I hope I can only improve and it gets only more fun

Now I going to lay down a bit, eat something and study again.
Oh What Fun, Server was a really long ping to me, stayed out of any mishaps except for coming around one corner and finding smidge trying to do a three point turn or something. Honked da horn at him but he looked totally panicked already.

Still one of the best leagues in the LFS World to race in

Kudos to da Whole OLFSL Crew.

At least I can be first in wishing you all a
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.....see you all Jan 8TH
Replay of race 1 pool 2 isn't working. I'd like to see it over.

edit: all the race 1 mpr's don't work, race 2 mpr's do work (all).

EDIT2: nevermind, saw them already in chatterbox on website
Quote from GianniC :Replay of race 1 pool 2 isn't working. I'd like to see it over.

edit: all the race 1 mpr's don't work, race 2 mpr's do work (all).

EDIT2: nevermind, saw them already in chatterbox on website

And the links should work too now.
Well, thank you OLFSL staff for another great event, although i must say i was very sceptical about it at the begining of my practising. It was great and close racing and i'm very happy with the results!

Nice to see my car again at the OLFSL page!

Keep it up! lol
Even though this was the scariest race of them all so far - I did really enjoy it. My first race was very good and I managed to have some really good fights with HeerBommel who was all over my tail in the first 5-6 laps. It turned out to be really difficult to overtake - the best opportunity was when the guy in front made a mistake. The I faught to overtake Atilla until he roled it in turn two. :-( Then I made my way up to the back of the third place man, bozo, and had a good couple of laps trying desperately to get past - but with no joy. The last corner was my best opportunity and I tried to overtake him over the line, but he just had the edge and beat me by .09 of a second!! Very good fun indeed!!

The second race, I started much higher up, but I just made too many mistakes and my car ended up being damaged just enough to make left turns really difficult - the less said about this race, for me, the better!

The highs and lows of racing :-)

Fantastic event, well done to the OLFSL staff, once again.
When I started to practise for this race I had a lot of fatal crashes. That made me very scared for the races. I am very glad that the guys in pool 4 were carefull and tried to avoid contact when possible . That made it a great race for me.

I realy enjoyed the rallycross in pool 4. We had some good fights there. In the second race I blew the start and I found it hard to recover and get up to race speed. I was just lucky that others got some trouble at the end. Place 6 was not realy deserved.

Looking forward to the next race
hi
just to ask when will the penalties for this race be out?
Hello,

You can expect two Appeals Arbiter decisions to be issued, both relating to Pool 2. They will be published before the next race; work is well advanced (one is completed, other is basically decided but not yet drafted), I'm not committing to a precise publication time since that's not under my control.

Merry Christmas, don't expect presents from the Appeals Arbiter ;-)

Solar Hydro
hi again
well i have waited.. and still no penalty results from the last event and the next event is tomorrow..

had a few too many beers over the hol's ?
See my post above. The decision is made, and will be issued before the next race.

Solar Hydro

(just back from the beer shop to replenish my supplies of Chimay Bleue, Piraat, Westmalle Tripel, and a few new speciality beers).
#23 - shim
Quote from bbman :I think, how would you pass an opponent when he's sliding on the dust, covering most of the track?

i practice this all the time with drifting.. :P
Yea but when your drifting your not getting round the track as fast as possible, are you? Also most tracks are double the width of Fe RallyX so this makes it hard also, wasn't to hard to get passed though if your fast enough.
just seen the penalty results...

just 2 things i would like to clarifie....

1 . the 1 min penalty to prits means he still finishes in front of me in race 1.. so even though you agree he was in the wrong he still finishes in front of me in race 1 and keeps his 2nd on the grid for race 2.. so really speaking he has still gained an advantage through his actions?? how do you see this?

2 my four week warning for having a damaged car, as soon as i realised how damaged it was i pulled off and let the field pass, what else should i have done? also when does that four week warning begin is it from the end of fe rx race, or now ??

thank you for the time and effort you have put into this, i just want to understand how you see theses incidents and apply the penaltys..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG