The online racing simulator
I'm afraid the lag lap isn't for people who lag out to rejoin, I was made to believe that 'in theory' starting a full race from the grid screen is more likely to have lag issues than if the race is restarted, because everything is set in memory, rather than being sync'd up after the grid screen.
We give a reasonable amount of time for people who lag out on the grid to rejoin, but I do not, and have not given extra time on a lag lap for someone lagging out. I am not aware that any other hosts do this either.

edit - when I said late - I meant he took to long to rejoin to the server, we are not expected to do another lap incase they do manage to join, quite often they cannot or choose not to you know.
Quote from russraine :I'm afraid the lag lap isn't for people who lag out to rejoin, I was made to believe that 'in theory' starting a full race from the grid screen is more likely to have lag issues than if the race is restarted, because everything is set in memory, rather than being sync'd up after the grid screen.
[snip]

For me, the start was acceptable, lagwise. The restart was a nightmare (approaching the 2nd chicane I had like 10 fps, and no control on the gear shifts). But it could also be crappy later on even if there was not a restart, you never now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG