The online racing simulator
Season 2: Lfscar Race 4: ASTON 75° on Monday 16th of July, 18.15 UTC
16.07.2007 - Race 4: ASTON 75°
Aston Club, Race-Length: 75 laps, Flying Start, No Car-Reset,
Qualifying: 18.15 GMT/UTC
Could you post a image of all the track please.
it is Aston Club nothing special
This has to be the most boring track on LFS...:-(.. plus after doing a few laps to test the car there.... The car just dosnt suit it. It's more of a FOX track, and not that good for the long legs of the GT cars

Can we not have a bit of a challange
Quote from finlay :This has to be the most boring track on LFS...:-(.. plus after doing a few laps to test the car there.... The car just dosnt suit it. It's more of a FOX track, and not that good for the long legs of the GT cars

Can we not have a bit of a challange

...but he's racing oval
AS National is recomended!!!
as national is even more boring than as club dude...
but it has longer straights and a few more overtaking bends
Aston Club - Watkins Glen
Fishfix and the other LFSCAR organizer may be think (I think that also), that AS Club is quite similar to Watniks Glen, which is part of the Nascar calendar. Aston Club is short, like all of the American sportscar courses, such as Mid-Ohio or Watkins Glen, as they do a 1:07-1:10 lap with NEXTEL Cup cars.
you got it right hariel

i was thinking about "the glen" as well. ok the glen has more height difference, but the reference is the closest on AS club.
i should be able to race that day i hope
is it possible that a other person can race for me ? i am this week in spain and not able to race
Cheerio,
===================
Tomorrow, Monday 16th of july, we are racing the 4th race in the LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP Series, the Aston 75° on Aston Club.
Start of the Qualifying as usual at 18.15 UTC/GMT on the FM 360° Event° Server.
The password is given out via the reminder mail (if you did not get the mail, come to ventrillo or write me a private message)
The Qualifying will be a 20min. open Qualifying, Race is 75 Laps.

For this race the rules are like this:
1) Flying start in single file behind the pacecar
2) Pacecar will be called out much less then on oval tracks. only when there is a big pile-up (about 4 cars) or a car is blocking the racing line for longer then 1 min. because of heavy wreckage.
3) if a Caution comes out everyone hits the pitl-imiter, until you get the close gaps command
Pacecar-Speed is 80km/h
4) A Caution will last AT LEAST 3 laps: 1 Catch-lap (Pits Closed for ALL cars), 1 Pits-Open-lap, 1 Last lap under Caution

Following Cars are suspended for this race and won't be allowed to race due to penalties from previous races: #14 (Race 3 penalties), #55 (Race 2 penalties), #999 (Race 3 penalties). these guys can watch the race of course
i will try to finish last races results and penalties of race 3 before this race, but as far as i can see at the moment these are the suspended drivers:

so i hope i see lots of you on the server for a nice and good race.

cheers
Fischfix and the LFSCAR-Team
well i am not racin today anyway as i have a more important thing to do and i cannot race that car round that track so it doesnt bother me too much, but can you tell me which incident
james, to be honest i stopped counting after the 5th spin out. you do not have the control over the car so far. (at least on circuit tracks). you are not slow when you get your lap done, but the speedway track showed you need much more practice on non banked tracks with this car.
i agree totally, i deserve it, more practice needed, ive started for event 5 already
that is the right attitude!
Help! I can't connect!

Clientconnect: ConnectFailed
#20 - DeKo
Very poor showing for tonights race . Why did nobody turn up?

Anyway, i had a brilliant quali battle with strokes, ended up just 0.02 behind him, him 1st, me 2nd.

I got the better of him from the green flag and was 1st for a few laps, until i decided that the clutch was the brake pedal, so i went back to 4th. few laps after that i dropped a wheel onto the grass before the chicane and damaged my suspension. Decided to fuel till the end and put on R4s, but it was a lost cause, the R4's were getting no heat into them at all, no matter how hard i tried to light up the tyres.

Im not being a twat or anything but the admin on was a bit grumpy, which is the best word i can use to describe it. Said that if i typed again i would get points deducted, which is a bit daft. there were 6 people racing, lapping as club by yourself is the most boring thing in the world and anybody who doesnt want to read it can just block messages?

Anyway, Fisch tried his best and he listened to whatever suggestions we had, and i thank him for that. Its just a pity that the turnout was so poor.
I couldn't even join the server. I spent about 20 minutes trying to join, but I just got that ClientConnect message over and over again.
I didn't have such a good race, got caught up in the first chicane crash, and punctured my right front around lap 14 and on the last lap. Still managed to hold a 5th place finish though Better than my last disastorus race. Also, I apologize for any mishaps i caused.
#23 - J.B.
More bad luck for me. After a rough couple of laps I worked my way back up to P4 and was closing in on the leading pack. With my zero pitstop strategy I think I could have gotten a good result. But once again my race was ended by an incident that should just absolutely not happen: a backmarker put me into the gravel trap after I had lapped him.

mutt107: Please get a wheel and pedals if you want to take part in league races. With keyboard your car control just isn't good enough.

Yankman: next time you choose an inappropriate place to lap me I might not decide to go on the grass to make room...

On a more positive note the new pit limiter rules worked great. I think it just needs to made clearer that you are not allowed to keep turning off the limiter to close small gaps or to get a run on someone at the green flag. Defies the purpose of using the limiter in the first place.

Quote from mcintyrej :Help! I can't connect!

Clientconnect: ConnectFailed

I sometimes get this problem with FM servers too. For me disconnecting and reconnecting my internet connection fixes it.
What a boring race :P

I totally screwed it up for myself by deciding i was too slow on R4s and pitting for R3s. This turned out to be a mistake as after 10 laps they were about to all puncture, so i went and got R4s again. This meant the top 3 lapped me, but by a bit of luck #0 ended up behind me until about 8 laps from the finish.
This incident requires a bit of explanation, so here goes: #0 has an extremely slight speed advantage on the back straight when he is behind me, and goes side by side with me by literally a nose, not even a 1/4 of a car. He was on my right hand side as we approached the second chicane, and pretty late (at least it felt like it) i started to turn in as i had to get around the chicane somehow, expecting #0 to back off as he was barely side by side. Unfortunately he decided not to back off, so when i turned in to the chicane i immediately got spun out as his nose hit my right rear. It was very very annoying to say the least, especially as all it would have taken was a split second lift off and nothing would have happened.
On another note, i myself caused a minor incident on about lap 1/2/3 at the "Senna S" where, being on cold R4s, i started to lose control and so braked to a standstill, ending up at the very start of the wall on the left hand side. Unfortunately Schawa jsut caught me and i think he spun
could have been a fun race but unfortunately it wasnt.

lap 1:
#666 what were you thinking? i cant believe anybody would even try to overtake on the entrance of the chicane. although he tried he still had the chance to get things right as i had seen him and left him space but instead he decided to hit and spin me. a very annoying and unnecessary incident. luckily the car didnt take much damage and i only lost a lot of time.

a little later on lap 11. car #01 decided to ignore the blue flags when #79 botp J.B. closed in on him and even crashed him. i decided to go down the inside to pass him but he obviously still had his botp homing device turned on cuz setting to reverse gear he managed to hit me when i was passing. drivers with such little car control and understanding of the situation should decide not to join league races by themselves and rather go practice. also maybe race control should consider not allowing keyboard racers.

on lap 17 i was taken out of the race completely. after overtaking #18 on the main straight #18 probably tried to get his position back braking into the hairpin. unfortunately he totally missed the brakepoint and hit my rear so hard that it caused to me to go flying straight on and "take the wrong route" and auto switch to spectate.

all and together im a bit annoyed cuz i think the botp no stop strategy would have been very competitive and could have beaten all other drivers (that excludes yankman).
never mind.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG