The online racing simulator
LOL

why did it jonez?
Well the SR team are going to use all of our drivers. Not just the quick ones. We have about 4 really fast drivers but as this is a team event we thought it would be best to use the whole team. If it's a competition to find which team has the two best drivers then by all means we can do it that way...
#28 - bozo
I like the idea of 1 team going up/down a division after each race. It would be a good incentive for div b teams, and provide a touch of pressure at the rear of the div 1 pack. It would also ensure that the teams are more evenly matched over the course of the season. Closer racing etc.

I'm also all for a quali system for determining the division that each team goes into. If teams nominate which division they would like to go into, I suspect that most will be over-optimistic. A good quali system will ensure teams are matched more evenly.
Quote from [DUcK] :thats a sweet idea ant......

as for the promotion and relegation, what u said sounds great. would the point systems have to be exact same in div a and b for that to work or different?

For it to work the points system must straddle all divisions so that any promoted or relegated teams do not carry unfair points across into other divisions. e.g.(10 car divs) this would work:
Div 1
1st - 30
2nd - 28
3rd - 26
4th - 24
5th - 23
6th - 22
7th - 20
8th - 19
9th - 18
10th - 17
Div 2
1st - 16
2nd - 14
3rd - 12
4th - 10
5th - 9
6th - 8
7th - 7
etc

The points system carries on through both divisions. It also means that an overall position list can be created.
#30 - Kaw
I dont understand why we need different point system?
Quote from anttt69 :For it to work the points system must straddle all divisions so that any promoted or relegated teams do not carry unfair points across into other divisions. e.g. this would work:
Div 1
1st - 30
2nd - 28
3rd - 26
4th - 24
5th - 23
6th - 22
7th - 20
8th - 19
9th - 18
10th - 17
Div 2
1st - 16
2nd - 14
3rd - 12
4th - 10
5th - 9
6th - 8
7th - 7

The points system carries on through both divisions. It also means that an overall position list can be created.

I really think that the only fair way to handle promotion and relegation is at the end of the season, EPS style. One points distribution stradling two divisions is not a good idea imo, especially if it awards more points for coming 7th in a div 2 race than it does for coming 11/32 in div 1, that's just ridiculous.

Having promotion/relegation after every round would be unfair on teams who are bad at the early cars/combos. For example, if the first race is XFG, Team A might excel in this car, but another team, Team B, may not be so good in the FWDs and get relegated after round 1. The second round could use the GTRs. Let's say that Team B are great in the GTRs, and would be a match for any of the teams in Div 1, but because they aren't good in the XFG/XRG they will be in Div 2 for that race, while Team A who are poor in the GTRs get to race in Div 1, although over the two rounds they may have been worse than Team B.

I'm not sure if I've explained this well, but overall I think that the fairest way to handle promotion and relegation is at the end of the season.
Quote from joshdifabio :One points distribution stradling two divisions is not a good idea imo, especially if it awards more points for coming 7th in a div 2 race than it does for coming 11/32 in div 1, that's just ridiculous.

Having promotion/relegation after every round would be unfair on teams who are bad at the early cars/combos.

It was only an example, i'm hardly gonna write out points/positions list of 64 cars am I?
IMO is not unfair at all if a team has a weak combo then they need to practice it, everyone is in the same boat. Like bozo said it gives incentive to the Div 1 backmarkers to never give up & likewise a great scrap in Div 2 to get promoted.
This can only make the championship more exciting.
We seem to have more support for the idea than against.
Quote from anttt69 :It was only an example, i'm hardly gonna write out points/positions list of 64 cars am I?
IMO is not unfair at all if a team has a weak combo then they need to practice it, everyone is in the same boat. Like bozo said it gives incentive to the Div 1 backmarkers to never give up & likewise a great scrap in Div 2 to get promoted.
This can only make the championship more exciting.
We seem to have more support for the idea than against.

Well I thought it might be, but you did say "this would work". It's still a bad example if you ask me.
+1 for pre-qual system
+1 for pre-qual system
Pre-qual is propably the best system, most simple to manage i guess. At least it would be needed for the first race.
+1 for pre-qualifying on multiple combos
#38 - Dru
I know that i'm not involved in this league at all, but i know that the ESL - EAL version the original divisions are seperated by a qualification of combined times over 2 different tracks and combos... for instance FO8 at Aston Historic and LX6 in SO Long...

From that you get your divisions for the first 3 rounds. Its a liner scoring system so that division 2 scores less than 1 etc etc.

At the end of the first 3 rounds the 3 lowest scoring competitors are replaced with the top 3 from division As you are looking for grids of 16 teams, perhaps you could promote/relegate the top/bottom 4 teams at a time?

Just a thought
Why don't all possible drivers (or drivers entering the event) from each team upload a hotlap, get all the team's results together, sum up the times, divide it by the number of drivers per team, and sort the divisions from there?
Like that, it is a team's qualifying event, perfect for a team event. Right?
Quote from Jos Belgium :Why don't all possible drivers (or drivers entering the event) from each team upload a hotlap, get all the team's results together, sum up the times, divide it by the number of drivers per team, and sort the divisions from there?
Like that, it is a team's qualifying event, perfect for a team event. Right?

You can't expect that from the bigger teams, because a lot of them have a family and/or are inactive or atleast too lazy to plug in a wheel
Quote from germanpio :You can't expect that from the bigger teams, because a lot of them have a family and/or are inactive or atleast too lazy to plug in a wheel

That's why I said "or drivers entering the event"...
+1 for pre qualifying system with the promotion/relegation at the end of the season.
Like in ESCC prequalifying system with the tracker but with 4 combos and 4 different drivers from each team. Sum the times up and do the ranking. Pretty easy uh? ...

After every three races fix the divisions like suggested; 4 lowest down, 4 highest up.
Quote from Cawwa :Like in ESCC prequalifying system with the tracker but with 4 combos and 4 different drivers from each team. Sum the times up and do the ranking. Pretty easy uh? ...

After every three races fix the divisions like suggested; 4 lowest down, 4 highest up.

Yup, something similar to the ESL ESCC pre-qual system would work
Pre-qualy ftw ! And nothing else is needed
Quote from RudiTurbo :Pre-qualy ftw ! And nothing else is needed

yep i agree, qualis for divisions. time and place and rumble
is that really a question? pre-qualy with a tracker would be nicest.
I think there shouldn't be a preselection of the divisions. Rather the qaulification of each round should decide who is going to race in which devision. Like this each race will be much closer.
Quote from tomylee :I think there shouldn't be a preselection of the divisions. Rather the qaulification of each round should decide who is going to race in which devision. Like this each race will be much closer.

The problem to have prequal of each round you have to let the drivers who actually are going to drive that round. That might be a problem if there's going to be a driver change in the last minute. It's a matter of fact that some teams might use that and let the fastest drivers always make the qualify whether they are going to drive or not.
Better to have a real prequal worthy a team, 4 combos with 4 different drivers with help of the tracker. The sum of the time for each team make a good ranking.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Although I agree with the fact that some teams might just use 1 fast driver to qualify them and change at the last minuit to someone who wouldn't of made Div A. (Providing the faster driver got into A) I think the prequal system before each race sounds the most suitable, as it's a very mixed event, As Josh pointed out above, demoting one team because they are slow in 1 car for a race in which they are fast will have the opposite effect on the idea.

Maybe if there is some sort of driver change that new driver has to let some laps on the track to determin there division, doesn't take that long and if they don't set a time then they go to Div B.

Division Sorting
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG