The online racing simulator
Season 2: Lfscar Race 3: Race 3: SPEED on Monday 25th of June, 18.15 UTC
25.06.2007 - Race 3: SPEEDWAY 150°
Autocross Carpark, Speedway Layout, Race-Length: 150 laps, Flying Start, Arcade-Reset in Infield-Area, only top 15 qualify for the race

Qualifying:
1 outlap 2 fastlaps, according to the results we will set up 2 heats for a 6 lap sprint race (pos 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.... in grid one, an pos 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,... in grid 2) both grids have an individual sprint race. the top 7 of each grid will qualify for main race (plus one of the two 8th, depending on their best laptime.)

the admins will spectate people who are crashing out others in the sprint races, so its not the fastest 7 but the most stable 7 of each grid/heat in the main race.

the tracklayout is uploaded on the 360° event server. press shift+u and save layout to save it. i will try to have the layout on the server most of the time.

no, one server. so the top 15 after the two sprint races will be qualified as mentioned above
could someone (fischfix) plese upload the layouts, especcially the next one

thanks

james

thanks

would you run two servers or not?

k
Hey guys, there is a great tool which will help all of us on next races:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=461888

as you know we are racing on the autocross layout. unfortunately lfs does not show the gaps to the cars in front or behind you anymore. it also does not show you YOUR POSITION in the race.

with this tool, you actually see those things. and not only when passing a split, but in realtime. so you see on top right of the screen, the car who is in front of you and who is behind you with the actual gap in seconds.

it also tells you the exact % of fuel you have, so you don't have to press f12. it tells you your best split, laptimes and how far you are away in the actual lap. and stuff like that.

in the config file you can turn off some of the features which you won't need, like gear indicator and stuff like that. i can upload my settings as well if you want to.

try it out. i recommend it for everyone to have in next race. i don't say, you must have it, but i recommend it. as it is a great help in a 150 laps race when you actually KNOW on which position you are and how far you are away from the next guys around you...

just try it out
#5 - J@mes
I feel stupid but i dont really know how to get it to work, could you give me a step by step on how to make it run please?
ok james, first you start LFS and press t, then type in: insim 29999
then you switch to the folder where you have the tool, and double click the exe file. then you can switch back to lfs, it will show in the top left corner, that insim is connected and stuff like that.

thats it

in the config file, you can decide which kind of information you want to display. open it with editor or wordpad:

<Showing

SHOWLAPTIME="1"
SHOWSPLITTIME="1"

SHOWLAP="1"
SHOWPOSITION="1"
SHOWSpeed="0"
SHOWRPM="0"
SHOWGear="0"
SHOWFuel="1"

SHOWPITSPEED="1"
SHOWSHIFTLIGHT="1"

SHOWGAP="1"
/>

in these lines put a "0" instead of a "1" in the lines which you don't want to be displayed. above you can see my settings. on the bottom part, you can position the information on the screen (x, y coordinates), but i let it as it is default. if you have still problems, i will come to vent anyway... we can go through it...
#7 - J@mes
"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Could not send"

Thats the error message im getting.
did you block the tool in Windows? when you first start the program, a pop-up will come asking you if you want to block this tool. you have to click no there...
ok this is my config file. it has on top of the screen: car in front of me and gap, car behind me and gap, position, fuel load and how many laps i can go with it.

i switched everything else off i think
Attached files
config.rar - 417 B - 258 views
sorry guys, i am actually on the autocross, and it does not work anymore. probably i've confused it with the LFSpitboard tool, which works.

lfspitboard however tells you not the position you have at the moment, but the position you have had a lap ago... wich can be a help anyway.
search for lfspitboard in the forum.
So what software do I need to allow this one to work?
i recommend for the next race: LFSpitboard. it tells you on which position you are and how your laptimes are developing but with one lap delay.

so you know the data from lap 20 when you pass the start finish line on lap 21.

you don't need to install it, it is just a recommendation. actually both tools are quite helpfull anyway and worth a tryout...
where to get the modded tracks for this?
is there a server running the modded oval?
The server is called "(FM) 360° Event!", Sort the tracks out by name and it should be easier to find (its on Autocross). If you want a set, pm me, my PB on the layout is 26.65
my PB is 36.04
oh ever type it false i really mean i drove a 26.04 or 26.14 still dont really sure. made it last week
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tomorrow, Monday 25th of june, we are racing the 3rd race in the LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP Series, the Speedway 150 in the Autocross Arena.
Start of the Qualifying as usual at 18.15 UTC on the FM 360° Event° Server.

For this race we have some specialities:

1 _ NO "lucky dog", as there is no reliable way to determine who is the "lucky dog" on the autocross arena.
2 _ Qualifying will consist of a single qualifying and a sprint race
3 _ The single qualifying will be 1 outlap and 2 fastlaps. According to the fastest times you will be split up in two heats for the sprint race.
4 _ The two heats will race an 11 laps race with flying start. The top 7 of each heat and the fastest not qualified driver (sprintrace-time) will qualify for the main race.
5 _ During the two heats, there WON'T be a Caution phase. You will not be allowed to reset your car in the sprintrace, however you can shift-s and rejoin.
6 _ The main race will be a 150 Laps race with pacecar and arcade-style pitstops.
7 _ To make a pitstop during the race, use the white areas in the infield. Stop in those areas with your car and make an ARCADE RESET (Space button). Hit it until you got your car reset, remember the fuel won't be filled up. DON'T SHIFT-S as it will not count as a pistop.
8 _ IF you need to reset your car on track (not in the white boxes), you MUST go throught the pit area and do another reset in the white boxes during the next 2 laps. Any violation will result in a -10 pts. penalty.
9 _ You are allowed to pass the field and pacecar BY GOING THROUGH THE INFIELD during a CAUTION, because you don't gain a lap.
10 _ DON'T cross the white line at pit-exit and watch out for other cars.
11 _ Use the ingame chat only if it's really, really, really, really needed. there was way too much chatting in last race. i will start to give out penalties from this race on for unnecessary comments in chat. if you have to discuss something with another driver, make it before or after the race.
12 _ Pacecar-Speed will be 80km/h (pitlimiter-speed on normal tracks)
13 _ The admins will start a Caution only if a car is flipped or the racing line is blocked by 3 or more cars.

if you are not certain about any of these rules, ask me BEFORE! the qualifyng in ventrillo or chat, msn, icq or whatever. racelength and sprintrace-rules might change if there are lots of people showing up. it will be decided during the single qualifying.

one more suggestion, use the programm LFSpitboard, as it will tell you your position during the race with a one lap delay.

i hope we will have a good event tomorrow, and see a lot of you on track

cheers
Fischfix

ps: the race-results of race 2 will be available before tomorrows race
Then what?
When will the server be up for some quick testing
Great race barr the few crashs and that I timed out,good fun

Thanks to Fishy and all of FM and also Safety car :P and racers also and look forward to seeing ye all in round 4
Race Report from car 455

A MOUSE DRIVER ON THE PODIUM...lol what ever next....

I had a few problems which I noted down the lap number

L13
L30

L66 I save Sully...lol

The Winner of the Race also made a very reckless restart which saw him go in way to shallow and way to fast into T1, He missed me (as I knew what was going to happen and backed off) went on the inside and into about 4 cars... Crazy stuff. I can not remember the lap number but I think it was around lap 100 give or take 10.... More care needs to be taken... In real world racing he would be dead

Im not sure what Ronald was doing later in the race.... but When I came into vision he pitted a few times hence getting out the way, so I have no problem with this.

Also James12S Was very slow.... But In fareness toward the end of the race he did his best to get out of my way, and when his connection went bad he opted to retire....

I did the race on just one set of tires..... My right rear blowing just 2 laps from the end and I limped home. With out all you guys crashing every corner for the first 30 laps, I would of never got up to 3rd spot, It saved my tires loads...lol

To all the mouse drivers out there............. May the optics be with you and may your ball run Crud free
This thread is closed

Season 2: Lfscar Race 3: 25.06.2007 - Race 3: SPEED on Monday 25th of June, 18.15 UTC
(59 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG