The online racing simulator
#1 - t1ger
Event 9 - MRT @ AS1R
Well, I thought I would get the ball rolling on the next event...

First, a question - how to hell do you keep the MRT floored through the back complex (down and up "big dipper" part)! Everytime I try, I just spin around. I just watched Mooney's lap (53.66) and you are flat all the way through it!

Amazin'

Oh, well - more practice and hopefully I can get below the 56.00 where I am stuck at the moment. Then again, I don't fancy my chances of getting around this track sixty times!

Tim
Well you need the right setup to start with - when we did MRT before I was good but not great, then Solar gave me his set and I went on to win the race.
A really good tip is: turn 90 degrees on the set, the mrt has 190° availables.then...
-
(Kronvall) DELETED by Kronvall
#4 - t1ger
Quote from russraine :Well you need the right setup to start with - when we did MRT before I was good but not great, then Solar gave me his set and I went on to win the race.

Thanks, but I was test driving the car and setup Mooney used in the 53.66 lap I was watching!

Quote from Jonas8431 :A really good tip is: turn 90 degrees on the set, the mrt has 190° availables.then...

Thanks, I will try that...

Tim
#5 - bozo
Great minds think alike. I have also watched Mooney's replay, and also tried his set to see how he managed that dipping chicane. I was spinning off every time with his set just the same as I was with my own

I have found that taking the second corner of the chicane slightly wider, and using the full width of the track on exit, does help. But I still find that I have to lift off the gas and sometimes even change down a gear! I do believe that there is a line to take that doesn't unsettle the car. It's obviously not just a setup issue.

On a slightly different note, what is the penalty for a false start with patch x? This will be the first OLFSL race using the new starting procedure.

Edit: Tim - nice to see you got a hotlap that bettered the lap you managed online.
Well it's obviously not just a setup issue, I didn't say it was just that, but it does make a fair bit of difference.

I would say that your pc steering wheel can make quite a bit of difference too, Mooney is a fast and clever racer, maybe he sets his wheel up differently to others.
Quote from t1ger :Well, I thought I would get the ball rolling on the next event...

First, a question - how to hell do you keep the MRT floored through the back complex (down and up "big dipper" part)! Everytime I try, I just spin around. I just watched Mooney's lap (53.66) and you are flat all the way through it!

Amazin'

Oh, well - more practice and hopefully I can get below the 56.00 where I am stuck at the moment. Then again, I don't fancy my chances of getting around this track sixty times!

Tim

One trick I have found is in the final drive, a 17% vis setting seems to help get rid of the nasty twist.

Wait till you dump all that fuel in....hehe....little car feels like a tank.
Quote from bozo :

On a slightly different note, what is the penalty for a false start with patch x? This will be the first OLFSL race using the new starting procedure.

We (Staff) are going to do some testing, so before we give you answer we'll take to the track and see what mayhem we can cause with starting the race.

AAnt
I tested the false start in single player and it gave a 30-second time penalty.

I too can't get a decent lap in that car, its amazingly difficult to drive over bumps. Setup good or bad doesn't seem to make a difference.
Ok, after seeing some comments just thought i'd poke my nose in with hopefully some helpfull advice.

I attatched the setup I used for this hotlap, it was just out of chance that I used it as it is alot lower than my usual setup so it is far more twitchyer. (More Kart like)

I drove with my normal set and tried to make the chicane easy by adding the ride height, but all it does is make the car lift even more and spin ever harder, so I tried this one, which oddly is much nicer over the chicane. (For me anyway)

The only thing I do to keep the car flat out over the chicane is make sure my wheel is straight when going over the bump, I think it is made worse by the rear lifting for longer than the front (Or it's just the rear lifting) so when the front turns it just spins around as the rear can't hold the car to the road. Once the car is stable again turn enough to stay off the grass. However, if you don't mind lifting a slight bit when going through the chicane just turn slightly the full way and lift to about 90% throttle and the car is extremely safe through it (What I do when I take the wrong line or get a little bit out of shape, usually works)

As for my wheel, I don't change any settings for any cars 200 degreese steering (I think) and a heavy right foot.

GL
Attached files
MRT5_as cadet rev.set - 132 B - 945 views
Thanks Bawbag
I will try this when I get home . I tried to make my own set for this course, but I am too slow at the end turns . (but ok at the chicane. I am using clutch pack, i wonder what diff you use)
thx again
Thanks for sharing your set BawBag. TBH I had already tried it last week, via Test Drive from your hotlap. But I found it too understeery for my freaking driving style. On the other hand, with my setup (kaynd's set actually) I lose valuable tenths (2 or 3 of them) on the first right-hander. I need to work out a lot my breaking & accelerating points at that... bitchy turn

I'll give it another try with your set as soon as I go home.

It surely is a tough combo, requiring 100% concentration. Dunno how many times I will spin in a 60laps race, since I haven't tried it yet... but 10 to 15 sound pretty good numbers to me right now (lol)
Thanks for the info Bawbag! That is really kind of you to share your skills. I will definately try these things and see if I can improve my hotlap.

Its good to know you have a heavy right foot also!

Tim
Quote from Bawbag :I attatched the setup I used for this hotlap, ...

Thank you very much. I already tried to re-engineer it from the hotlap replay. I love the handling and the speed all in one setup. Some crazy damper settings.
It took only 7 laps with this set to beat my old best hotlap by half a second!

Thanks again,
Lion
Let's see if i can beat my 54.6 with it

Thx for the tips mr alien :}

Oh and hi all - i signed in few days ago :}
Hi Kamo, welcome here .

I tried the set, it is very good, fast, and after getting uesed to is - easy to handle.
I thing I will stick with my patchX-test-clutch-pack-set - because I want to learn a little carsetting - but I copied the gear ratios from Bawbag's set, and that helped me .3 secs too.
Quote from migf1 :
[snip]
I'll give it another try with your set as soon as I go home.
[snip]

Yeap, too understeery for my lousy style, indeed
Can admin pls tell me why i can't access password section? How can i enter a race when i don't know the password? It was working fine the moment i registered but it's not working for couple days now.
Passwords come online only after the grids have been formed, propably few hours prior the race.
Great but i wasn't able to get pass for tuner. I'm getting white page with some numbers....
Quote from kamo2000 :Great but i wasn't able to get pass for tuner. I'm getting white page with some numbers....

You have to be signed into the OLFSL site to view the passwords page, I just tried it and it's working fine.

Try clearing all your cookies and temp files and have another look, let us know ASAP if you still cannot see anything on the passowrd page.

AAnt
Quote :As for my wheel, I don't change any settings for any cars 200 degreese steering (I think)

Can check that for sure please ? Since 200° seems awful low... More like 270° no?
270 it is.

Sorry, I don't ever change the settings so that's my exuse for forgetting what they are.
I´ve turned at 90° couse I can not still the car in a line straight with my wheel.

Event 9 - MRT @ AS1R
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG